• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god it's finally almost here
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      Oh my god it's finally almost here

Y'all ready tho? We're usually pretty good for the 1st game of the season, keep it going lads

Comment

I for one am glad to see most of the usual suspects floating around here. I hope you all had a nice Derozan and are ready for five more DeRozans of DeRozan. What a time to be a DeRozan of the DeRozan DeRozans.

Oh my derozan i think im having a derozan

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          If the team plays halfway decently this should be a win. With Detroit missing their PG they are in trouble early in the season.

Really hope Siakam doesn't start. He mucks up the spacing as badly as Scola did, though for different reasons, and has been consistently lost defensively over the past few games. Give him a shot against bench players to get his feet wet, and don't give him major minutes - play Carroll at the 4 a lot, run lots of Powell and Ross at the three, lots of CoJo at the 2. This is the benefit of having a lot of multi position players on the roster and in the rotation - you can shift guys around and keep your best players playing a lot instead of relying on a young guy in the position of injury. We'll have some trouble at C if BeBe and Sully are both out (presumably they are), so Siakam might get time there (which is where I prefer him anyway), otherwise Jakob better come ready to play. Need Jonas to play a lot and play well - here's hoping he shakes off the rust of pre-season.
          Keep dreaming. If Sullinger is out Pascal will absolutely be starting lol. After last season you STILL think Casey is going to change his ways. He's always made it clear he rather keep the bench in tact and put someone random with the starters when a player is injured. Very annoying and very stupid but that's Casey for you
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This game is going to be a tough fist test to the season. Both teams will be without a starter, Jackson is a little more important than Sully, but it does cause issues for both teams. We will need to rely on either a rookie to pick up the slack or for guys to play and guard out of position. Detroit has some very large and physical big men in Drummond, Baynes, and Marjanovic, that will be a problem with JV as the only tested big man available for opening night. The wing spot is a concern as well with Morris and Stanley Johnson providing Detroit with players that will be tough for Ross and Powell to match up with.

My hope is that the advantage we have at the point guard position will trickle down and cause Detroit's other players to get in foul trouble or to over-help and create easy looks for shooters and drop offs around the hoop. This looks like a game where DeRozan and Lowry will need to be on in order to get the W.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Wed, OCT 26 7:30pm: Toronto Raptors Vs. Detroit Pistons - Game 1

I expect Detroit to roll out a starting unit of
              Smith
              KCP
              Harris
              Leuer
              Drummond

Stan Van has been openly excited Leuer and with Marcus Morris' knee injury, expect Leuer to start at PF and Tobias Harris at SF.

KCP is the type of catch and shoot threat that has been able to go off against Demar in the past, so offball awareness will be put to the immediate test.

Overall we have more talent and should win this game but Detroit is going to be better this year than last and we cant overlook them so hopefully our players come out with more respect/knowledge of our opponents than the OP.

Oh yeah, alsp excited to see the Boban in a bigger role.
              Last edited by Axel; Sun Oct 23, 2016, 08:19 AM.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I expect Detroit to roll out a starting unit of
                Smith
                KCP
                Harris
                Leuer
                Drummond

Stan Van has been openly excited Leuer and with Marcus Morris' knee injury, expect Leuer to start at PF and Tobias Harris at SF.

KCP is the type of catch and shoot threat that has been able to go off against Demar in the past, so offball awareness will be put to the immediate test.

Overall we have more talent and should win this game but Detroit is going to be better this year than last and we cant overlook them so hopefully our players come out with more respect/knowledge of our opponents than the OP.

Oh yeah, alsp excited to see the Boban in a bigger role.
                Morris played in, and logged decent minutes, in their last preseason game, pretty sure he will start along side Harris.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  Morris played in, and logged decent minutes, in their last preseason game, pretty sure he will start along side Harris.
                  I thought he missed the last one. Must have been the one before.

Either way, Morris and Leuer will get decent PF minutes.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Not worried about Siakam starting. Actually think he's a better matchup against Louer than Sully. Siakam is the third best defender in starting lineup. Defence is our issue not offense. KLow/Deebo should be able to carry the load on O. Raptors are really high on these rooks. For good reason.

People complain that Casey doesn't play young guys. Now he does everyone is up in arms. Casey can't win with RR.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Y'all ready tho? We're usually pretty good for the 1st game of the season, keep it going lads
                      lol I saw the game thread and thought automatically that the game was in the next couple days. Then I remembered it's not until Wednesday
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Not worried about Siakam starting. Actually think he's a better matchup against Louer than Sully. Siakam is the third best defender in starting lineup. Defence is our issue not offense. KLow/Deebo should be able to carry the load on O. Raptors are really high on these rooks. For good reason.

People complain that Casey doesn't play young guys. Now he does everyone is up in arms. Casey can't win with RR.

The decision hasn't been made yet. So you can hardly say people criticize Casey unfairly. It is possible for there to be a time, place and lineup in which it is best to play certain players.

As for defence being the main concern, I 100% agree, and Siakam's awareness and team defence has been a big problem in pre-season (as you'd expect of a rookie) - and that's why I don't want him starting.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The decision hasn't been made yet. So you can hardly say people criticize Casey unfairly. It is possible for there to be a time, place and lineup in which it is best to play certain players.

As for defence being the main concern, I 100% agree, and Siakam's awareness and team defence has been a big problem in pre-season (as you'd expect of a rookie) - and that's why I don't want him starting.
                          My entire theorum of our defensive issues last year were that you can get away with one subpar defender at a time.

That's DeMar, with our starters. As long as he's starting, the other guys have to be capable, and dependable. Siakam is capable, but not dependable.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Hasn't been that bad. His probably been one of the best man on man defender in the preseason. Point being I dont think were going to lose the game best cause Siakam plays the first 6 mins of each half.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              My entire theorum of our defensive issues last year were that you can get away with one subpar defender at a time.

That's DeMar, with our starters. As long as he's starting, the other guys have to be capable, and dependable. Siakam is capable, but not dependable.
                              Agree, and Sullinger's foot issues couldn't have come at a worse time. Not criticizing Casey for player injuries, but I will if he refuses to start Patterson in Sully's place.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X