Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ben Wallace not in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ben Wallace not in the Hall of Fame?

NBA Champion. 4x All Star. 4x DPOY. 5x All NBA Defensive First Team. I can go on and on. He had that 6-8 year stretch where he was the most dominant defensive player in the game.

Larry Brown is right(10:00 mins video below). People say they didn't have a superstar on that 04 Pistons team. Ben Wallace in his prime imo was a superstar.

Compare Yao Ming's career and Ben Wallace's career. Yao Ming is in the HOF and Ben Wallace is not. LOL.

Chris Webber is another one, why is he not in the HOF. Another guy who's had a better career than Yao Ming.

Mamba Mentality

It's actually a great question.... and it makes me think of the third big man no-one talks about from that era who sadly never won any awards given that he was playing in the West during his prime & you had other big men that were just as good (Duncan, Dirk & Garnett) & being on bad teams never helped him.

That man is Elton Brand. The guy was at least a 18 & 9 guy for every team he played for until 2008, but sadly gets lost in the shuffle. He won 1 All NBA Team Award (2nd in 2006), only made 2 All-Star teams & yet I felt he received no respect. If he was in the East, he'd be better remembered by people. It's a shame he was on terrible teams for most of his career. BTW, did you know he played up until last year? I had no idea, to be honest.

I agree with your assessment on Ben though. He deserves to be in the HOF.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Pretty sure he only became eligible this year, and only a few guys make it in their first year of elibility. He'll make it, I'm sure.

Comment

There are lesser players than him honored in the hall. I think he will get in.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          There are lesser players than him honored in the hall. I think he will get in.
          Therein lies the problem. Big Ben should be in by the standards set, but I don't think he should be in by the standards that SHOULD be set. The NBA's is the "hall of pretty good". Like we were talking about Joe Johnson getting in

MLB is the best one of the lot. You need like 10-15 spectacular years to get in
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

In Yao's defence, it's the basketball HoF and not the NBA HoF, people get in for basketball impact outside of the NBA and Yao's global impact on the sport of basketball was pretty big.

But yeah, Wallace was for sure a superstar. 5x DPoY. Any guy winning 5 scoring titles would be a superstar without question.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Or 4, whatever.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
              X