Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    If hes working on his game in practice, I don't have a problem with him trying out new things.
    Yeah, this is the Regular Season. Game time possessions where he learns to create with the ball in is hands is fine. Maybe decrease them a little bit in exchange for the bench running a more fluid offence but it's still fine.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      If hes working on his game in practice, I don't have a problem with him trying out new things.
      In certain scenarios it's okay. Just rather wouldn't have a steady diet of it from him
      OG is our king

Comment

• His offense wasnt stellar when he started last year either. 37% on about 3 attemps per game not bad but low numbers on rebs steals and blocks. I worry he’ll never develop an offensive game. Good defensively but how much does it help if he holds a guy to 18 points if hes scoring 8?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          His offense wasnt stellar when he started last year either. 37% on about 3 attemps per game not bad but low numbers on rebs steals and blocks. I worry he’ll never develop an offensive game. Good defensively but how much does it help if he holds a guy to 18 points if hes scoring 8?
          His overall production and impact numbers where at least league average last year, which for a rookie starting is excellent. This year, they are abysmal, draft-bust like numbers, looking like a player who wont stick in the league. Somethings up. Sophomore slumps happen, but this level of drop off is out of the ordinary.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
            His overall production and impact numbers where at least league average last year, which for a rookie starting is excellent. This year, they are abysmal, draft-bust like numbers, looking like a player who wont stick in the league. Somethings up. Sophomore slumps happen, but this level of drop off is out of the ordinary.
            Last year he was our Kawhi. This year we have Kawhi.

Comment

• Some of you are getting way to caught up in the impact stats. The eye test shows that he’s still a capable defender with an expanding offensive game. He’s not with the starters anymore so he can’t be the complementary guy that he was last year. I’m not worried about him whatsoever.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                he landed on his wrist not too long ago... but yeah i think his dad passing hurt alot... it was his last remaining parent too because his dad raised him since the mom died.
                Yeah he gets a pass on the whole year for me. That must be really really hard.

Comment

• OG is doing fine. He'll come around. He's had to go through some tough personal challenges recently and I'm sure he will improve as the season progresses He should also be trying some stuff with the ball. He shoukdn't be pigeon-holed into the 3&D role card. He has got a great foundatuon to work with and shoukd have some freedom to explore his limitations on the court. It wasn't so long ago and some posters here didn't like Lowry taking off the dribble 3s and transition 3s, yet he has worked himself into one of the best in the business taking thise shots. Some don't think guys like pascal should be taking 3s, but he needs to continue to do so in order to prove or disprove he is capable of it. Not all these things can be perfected during the offseason or during the limited practice time available to the team. The young guys need to try new things in game in order to get better, or prove their limitations. Its obvious for some what they can or cannot do, but not for OG IMO. He needs some reps with the ball, attacking off close outs and maybe even some PnR ball handling duties. The team shouldn't rely it of course, but its good to try that stuff. OG has looked much better so far this season IMO, at least physically, and he has the tools to be much more than a catch and shoot defender, so I fully support his forays with the basketball in his hands.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    His offense wasnt stellar when he started last year either. 37% on about 3 attemps per game not bad but low numbers on rebs steals and blocks. I worry he’ll never develop an offensive game. Good defensively but how much does it help if he holds a guy to 18 points if hes scoring 8?
                    We're really worrying that our youngest prospect will never develop an offensive game while witnessing what Siakam has developed into over his first 2+ seasons?

I'm gonna go ahead and relax in the knowledge that the Raptors have a stellar development team, and that the oddball lineups OG is playing in won't last forever.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      We're really worrying that our youngest prospect will never develop an offensive game while witnessing what Siakam has developed into over his first 2+ seasons?

I'm gonna go ahead and relax in the knowledge that the Raptors have a stellar development team, and that the oddball lineups OG is playing in won't last forever.
                      Personally, I'm not worried, just speculating on the cause, given the dramatic drop on productivity.

Oddball lineups, position, personal matters, are all like contributing factors.

In terms of lineups, JV is thriving, DWright is rounding back to form. FVV also to some degree. Norm was actually doing OK before he went down. Only OG and CJ seem to have taken a huge step back.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                        Personally, I'm not worried, just speculating on the cause, given the dramatic drop on productivity.

Oddball lineups, position, personal matters, are all like contributing factors.

In terms of lineups, JV is thriving, DWright is rounding back to form. FVV also to some degree. Norm was actually doing OK before he went down. Only OG and CJ seem to have taken a huge step back.
                        Depends on how you define thriving. JV has been OK in terms of team success impact. His personal production has been through the roof, which makes that low impact concerning.

I also couldn't care less about personal production from role players (meaning, guys outside of the top 5 or so producers, KL, KL, Ibaka, Siakam, JV). All that matters from them is that their lineups win minutes.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OG is gonna be just fine.

(And by just fine I mean pretty fucking great.)

Comment

• Not worried about OG. He's probably the bench guy that I have the most faith in.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              Not worried about OG. He's probably the bench guy that I have the most faith in.
                              Might be hard for JV to have a great team impact, if the lineup includes CJ and OG when they are performing as poorly as they are.

And yes, I"m not worried about OG in general, certainly not long term, he showed enough last year to warrant confidence, but so far this year, his impact on the bench is negative, and that needs to be corrected.

Comment

• What pleases me about OG is that he is trying some new things....or perhaps going back to what he could do in college. He's looked awkward at times but at others spectacular. Considering that second year is often very tough, that he just lost his dad and for many other reasons discussed by others I'm still seeing him as a very valuable Raptor going forward. Would I trade him later this year if I thought it might get us a championship? Yes. But it would have to be for something special. I trust Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X