Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    It's sort of semantics. So many teams only play 1 big after the first few minutes of the game. Playing PF often does = playing on the perimeter. You're much more likely to be facing down a PJ Tucker than a Kevin Love.

If Nurse has Lowry, FVV, and Danny Green at 1-3, is Kawhi a PF when he gets on the floor with them and stands at the 3 pt line?

WC Finals had the two best teams in the league last year and each team spent most of the series with an undersized 5 and 4 perimeter guys on the floor. The two best teams in the NBA playing the most important games of the year. It's getting to the point where this isn't just "a look" to throw at your opponent, this is what basketball has become.
    Sure, but if you ask me, even in situations where there is a small 4 like PJ Tucker, just put Kawhi at the 2/3 and have OG or Siakam play the 4. OG should be our small ball four pretty much exclusively in my opinion. Pascal can also match up with bigger hybrid wings pretty well.

Comment

• I understand what you are saying SR but I don’t like the idea of Kawhi next to our only big, even if he’s on the perimeter. I’d rather just put OG there and have Kawhi play like a guard, especially on defence.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I agree. Don't need to go that small. We have 3 guys who can play the 4 spot in Serge, Siakam and OG. He doesn't need to play there and it's not where he's going to shine for us. I want Kawhi playing the 2 or the 3 where he can dominate on offense and shut down the opposing guy at either one of those positions. If he's at the 4 that he's either gonna be wasted guarding a power forward, or someone else will have to guard up and be mismatched at that spot.
        Make that 4 as Monroe can also play PF. He played PF for Detroit after they drafted Drummond.

So if we ever wanna go really big we could with Monroe at PF and JV at Center. Could be one of the crazy lineups Nurse tries out this year.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Sure, but if you ask me, even in situations where there is a small 4 like PJ Tucker, just put Kawhi at the 2/3 and have OG or Siakam play the 4. OG should be our small ball four pretty much exclusively in my opinion. Pascal can also match up with bigger hybrid wings pretty well.
          Maury wrote: View Post
          I understand what you are saying SR but I don’t like the idea of Kawhi next to our only big, even if he’s on the perimeter. I’d rather just put OG there and have Kawhi play like a guard, especially on defence.
          Sure, yeah - if there's a guy to match up with who has some bulk, they're more likely to put OG on him if he's on the floor with Kawhi. But there's hardly a wrong answer. What if the 4th guy on the other team is Durant? He probably gets Kawhi but OG can play him too.

I don't think it's going to be to the degree where Kawhi (or OG) is going to be getting knocked around and beat up, if that's the concern.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Make that 4 as Monroe can also play PF. He played PF for Detroit after they drafted Drummond.

So if we ever wanna go really big we could with Monroe at PF and JV at Center. Could be one of the crazy lineups Nurse tries out this year.
            Monroe should have never played PF. Thats why Detroit sucked ass.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Sure, yeah - if there's a guy to match up with who has some bulk, they're more likely to put OG on him if he's on the floor with Kawhi. But there's hardly a wrong answer. What if the 4th guy on the other team is Durant? He probably gets Kawhi but OG can play him too.

I don't think it's going to be to the degree where Kawhi (or OG) is going to be getting knocked around and beat up, if that's the concern.
              I'm already ticked off at the frustration of Durant on Kawhi and Durant gettign every damn phantom call

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Monroe should have never played PF. Thats why Detroit sucked ass.
                He's been gone for a few years and they still suck ass tho
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  He's been gone for a few years and they still suck ass tho
                  My point is don’t do what Pistons did
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I’d rather not put Kawhi at the 4. He’s a wing, and I’m more comfortable with him at the two than the four. He’s an amazing perimeter defender who has a size and strength advantage over basically every other wing he would be matched up against. Let him take advantage of this instead of mitigating it slightly by playing him as a big.
                    Considering they want to re-sign Kawhi and Nick Nurse is a newbie, Im pretty darn sure Kawhi will play wherever he wants and thats likely the 3...I dont see him at PF either, thats not his position.

Comment

• What's a position?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        What's a position?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCb-WcxO5SU&t=0m57s

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          What's a position?
                          I asked my wife the same question.

Comment

I’d rather not put Kawhi at the 4. He’s a wing, and I’m more comfortable with him at the two than the four. He’s an amazing perimeter defender who has a size and strength advantage over basically every other wing he would be matched up against. Let him take advantage of this instead of mitigating it slightly by playing him as a big.
                            This.

As great as Kawhi is, I'd rather keep him on the perimeter where he can wreak havoc than in the interior.

OG has a bigger build and, if I'm not mistaken, longer, making him more suitable for the 4. The game is played based on matchups nowadays, and I don't think Nurse is enough of a knucklehead to throw Kawhi inside defensively, especially if there's another significantly talented perimeter player at the other end.

I assume Kawhi will guard the opposing team's best player right out of the gate. That's my 'hot' take lol
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              This.

As great as Kawhi is, I'd rather keep him on the perimeter where he can wreak havoc than in the interior.

OG has a bigger build and, if I'm not mistaken, longer, making him more suitable for the 4. The game is played based on matchups nowadays, and I don't think Nurse is enough of a knucklehead to throw Kawhi inside defensively, especially if there's another significantly talented perimeter player at the other end.

I assume Kawhi will guard the opposing team's best player right out of the gate. That's my 'hot' take lol
                              is siakam really a 5 then?

Like I definitely think that Anunoby can and should get minutes at the 4 but I also think he is a good 3. For example you have a guy like Danny green.. who realistically could guard some 3's but is more of a true guard.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                is siakam really a 5 then?

Like I definitely think that Anunoby can and should get minutes at the 4 but I also think he is a good 3. For example you have a guy like Danny green.. who realistically could guard some 3's but is more of a true guard.
                                Siakam can play the 5 in small ball line ups for a few minutes here and there.. he's got length and quickness.. but he's not a great rebounder and isn't really that good at all at boxing out and defending the post. That's a key skill for any center.. even one in a small ball situation.

Draymond Green is shorter than Siakam and I believe has a shorter reach. But he's a really good rebounder for his size. He's got the IQ to know how to keep bigger guys away from rebounds. He's also effective in the paint. Green also knows how to get away from fouling other guys.. Siakam would easily foul out if he plays the 5 too much as he'd never get the respect from the refs.

Comment

Working...
                                X