• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Still out, huh.
    Back Friday, by reports.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Good Canadian polite standing O next home game ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Good Canadian polite standing O next home game ....
        The lower bowl probably doesnt even realize hes been out..
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The lower bowl is wondering where Chris Bosh is

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            The lower bowl is wondering where Chris Bosh is
            The lower bowl probably thinks Chris Boucher is: Chris Bosh, Eh?

Comment

• 😂😂😂

Comment

• OG & Siakam combined for 66 pts and 15 boards tonight, shooting a combined 8 for 13 from deep (61.5%). Just massive.

OG's defence tonight was the kinda D I'd love to see from him going forward. So disruptive. Went back to watch some of his defensive possessions (some in slow-mo), and saw a lot of anticipation from him, which is one of the hallmark traits of elite defenders (anticipating what the offence is most likely to do before it happens). Switches were so crisp.

I really like when he plays SF. That's where he was mostly last year when he had a really good season. Played there tonight and had his best game of the season. It may be just my impression, but when he's at SF (ie with two other bigger guys on the floor), he feels less encumbered to be on the glass, which unlocks his defensive focus on the perimeter.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  OG & Siakam combined for 66 pts and 15 boards tonight, shooting a combined 8 for 13 from deep (61.5%). Just massive.

OG's defence tonight was the kinda D I'd love to see from him going forward. So disruptive. Went back to watch some of his defensive possessions (some in slow-mo), and saw a lot of anticipation from him, which is one of the hallmark traits of elite defenders (anticipating what the offence is most likely to do before it happens). Switches were so crisp.

I really like when he plays SF. That's where he was mostly last year when he had a really good season. Played there tonight and had his best game of the season. It may be just my impression, but when he's at SF (ie with two other bigger guys on the floor), he feels less encumbered to be on the glass, which unlocks his defensive focus on the perimeter.
                  I think after tn it's clear OG should be playing the 3 if we could pick up a PF so we could shift him back to their it would help a lot. a bench of fvv Lin og a PF and serge would be the best in the league
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    OG & Siakam combined for 66 pts and 15 boards tonight, shooting a combined 8 for 13 from deep (61.5%). Just massive.

Yea i agree. I really think its the SF position. He just plays better there
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      I think after tn it's clear OG should be playing the 3 if we could pick up a PF so we could shift him back to their it would help a lot. a bench of fvv Lin og a PF and serge would be the best in the league
                      agreed. poor Norm but oh well
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• OG seems to have successfully dealt with whatever his personal issue was. Good for him. Not saying there might not be some regression, but time is the great healer.

Glad for him. Hope his development within the team continues.

After all the potential trade talk both he and Siakim seem to have additional confidence. Masai valued them highly enough that he refused to trade them. That has to be a confidence boost and will wind up in a reaffirmation that the work they have been putting in is worth the effort.

No matter what happens after this season, this team is well set.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Yea i agree. I really think its the SF position. He just plays better there
                          OG played 20 minutes beside Siakam last night, had a +60 net rating in those minutes.

OG played 15 minutes away from Siakam last night, had a -37 net rating in those minutes.

It's partly position, but also partly role. OG had an 11% usage rate in the Siakam minutes, and an 18% usage in the other minutes. He's a defender and 5th option. Use him that way and things will go well.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OG played like a beast last night...good game!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              OG played 20 minutes beside Siakam last night, had a +60 net rating in those minutes.

OG played 15 minutes away from Siakam last night, had a -37 net rating in those minutes.

It's partly position, but also partly role. OG had an 11% usage rate in the Siakam minutes, and an 18% usage in the other minutes. He's a defender and 5th option. Use him that way and things will go well.
                              I hope Nurse understands the limits of his role player's skill sets are by now and starts reining them in after the ASG. I'm all for player development, but the last 20 games needs to be about honing this team into a well-oiled machine with everybody knowing their roles and what they truly can & cannot do when the moment of truth arrives. That, and developing a consistent defensive identity to match the elite potential on this squad.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I hope Nurse understands the limits of his role player's skill sets are by now and starts reining them in after the ASG. I'm all for player development, but the last 20 games needs to be about honing this team into a well-oiled machine with everybody knowing their roles and what they truly can & cannot do when the moment of truth arrives. That, and developing a consistent defensive identity to match the elite potential on this squad.
                                Like turning Powell into a volume 3 shooter...1 or 2 ok, but 9? WAS left him wide open.
                                Last edited by Zak24gege; Thu Feb 14, 2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X