Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG: "Don't worry, I got us..."

Comment

• I am looking forward to how OG steps it up this year. Along with other players (namely JV) since they never got the ball in the 4th.

Comment

• we're going to have this guy with Leonard god damn i'm excited
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Some may have not seen this - offseason training!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Some may have not seen this - offseason training!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Some may have not seen this - offseason training!

Jeez! OG is Huge lol. Do you see that mans legs. If he ever reaches his potential its over
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Jeez! OG is Huge lol. Do you see that mans legs. If he ever reaches his potential its over
                I've been skeptical about him having the necessary size to spend much time at PF on a nightly basis -- but damn -- he's looking jacked.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  I've been skeptical about him having the necessary size to spend much time at PF on a nightly basis -- but damn -- he's looking jacked.
                  Naw that man is huge and very strong. Trust he can handle most PF's. The only one's that come to mind that he probably can't handle are Aldridge, Griffin, Love, Horford when he's playing the PF, and Millsap. But the joke is neither can Serge. Those guys torch Serge as well. So to me it doesn't really matter. I like the idea of OG at the four. And there are so many guys who came into the league playing the 3 but then their team tried them out at the four and they played better there. Now they're full time fours. Tobias, Jerami Grant, Aaron Gordon to name a few. OG will be fine. But I have no problem with serge starting at the four either just to be clear.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Hard to believe he didn't have an offseason last year. Can't wait to see what this year's prep does.

Comment

Draymond Green, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi, OG - these guys are all actually pretty similarly sized.

Draymond has the most ass weight, that allows him to defender bigger guys down low better. OG and Kawhi have better mobility but also insane wingspans.

I think OG and Kawhi can play a lot of PF. It'll be interesting to see how much it ends up being, the potential is there with the Raps' wing depth being better than their frontcourt depth.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Draymond Green, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi, OG - these guys are all actually pretty similarly sized.

Draymond has the most ass weight, that allows him to defender bigger guys down low better. OG and Kawhi have better mobility but also insane wingspans.

I think OG and Kawhi can play a lot of PF. It'll be interesting to see how much it ends up being, the potential is there with the Raps' wing depth being better than their frontcourt depth.
                        OG is probably the heaviest of that bunch, and he's taller and longer than Green as well.

OG would struggle with the size of Horford or Aldridge, but those guys are both basically centers now, and Horford has always been a Center who wanted to play PF but his team needed him at C.

I'm not sure if there are any full time PFs in the NBA that are too big for OG to guard. All the large PFs have to play a lot of C or almost exclusively C now.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Raps could put out a legit NBA lineup with 4 guys having 7-3 wingspans: Kawhi, OG, Siakam & Ibaka. Delon at 6-7 will be the PG. Jay Bilas will pass out.

Comment

• I’d rather not put Kawhi at the 4. He’s a wing, and I’m more comfortable with him at the two than the four. He’s an amazing perimeter defender who has a size and strength advantage over basically every other wing he would be matched up against. Let him take advantage of this instead of mitigating it slightly by playing him as a big.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              I’d rather not put Kawhi at the 4. He’s a wing, and I’m more comfortable with him at the two than the four. He’s an amazing perimeter defender who has a size and strength advantage over basically every other wing he would be matched up against. Let him take advantage of this instead of mitigating it slightly by playing him as a big.
                              I agree. Don't need to go that small. We have 3 guys who can play the 4 spot in Serge, Siakam and OG. He doesn't need to play there and it's not where he's going to shine for us. I want Kawhi playing the 2 or the 3 where he can dominate on offense and shut down the opposing guy at either one of those positions. If he's at the 4 that he's either gonna be wasted guarding a power forward, or someone else will have to guard up and be mismatched at that spot.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                I’d rather not put Kawhi at the 4. He’s a wing, and I’m more comfortable with him at the two than the four. He’s an amazing perimeter defender who has a size and strength advantage over basically every other wing he would be matched up against. Let him take advantage of this instead of mitigating it slightly by playing him as a big.
                                It's sort of semantics. So many teams only play 1 big after the first few minutes of the game. Playing PF often does = playing on the perimeter. You're much more likely to be facing down a PJ Tucker than a Kevin Love.

If Nurse has Lowry, FVV, and Danny Green at 1-3, is Kawhi a PF when he gets on the floor with them and stands at the 3 pt line?

WC Finals had the two best teams in the league last year and each team spent most of the series with an undersized 5 and 4 perimeter guys on the floor. The two best teams in the NBA playing the most important games of the year. It's getting to the point where this isn't just "a look" to throw at your opponent, this is what basketball has become.
                                Last edited by S.R.; Mon Aug 13, 2018, 04:55 PM.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X