No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC was looking for this thread... Unfortunately OG's dad passed away so we may not see him for a bit. Condolences to him and his family.

Comment

• A nice outside perspective (not much different from ours)

Comment

• When I saw OG last night I thought...

Comment

• Except ours is "thank God we didnt trade him"

Sorry peoltl
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OG is already great on defense, but we're going to have to temper the Kawhi-esque expectations on offense. What makes Kawhi great is that he's so strong with the ball and OG will likely never have that good of a handle. Anytime OG takes more than 2 dribbles in traffic, you're like..... no, no, no.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              OG is already great on defense, but we're going to have to temper the Kawhi-esque expectations on offense. What makes Kawhi great is that he's so strong with the ball and OG will likely never have that good of a handle. Anytime OG takes more than 2 dribbles in traffic, you're like..... no, no, no.
              Kind of hard to project 6 years out though. Kawhi may have been further ahead than OG is now offensively when he was 21, but I don't think by much. He had higher TOV% than AST% each of his first two seasons, and only had a slightly higher usage than OG. Sure, Kawhi is a testament to his own work ethic and a fantastic development program in San Antonio, but at some point we need to start giving the Raps credit for their fantastic development program, and I've heard nothing but good things about OG's work ethic.

That's not to say we should expect that of him. Obviously Kawhi-like offence is a rare, rare thing.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Kind of hard to project 6 years out though. Kawhi may have been further ahead than OG is now offensively when he was 21, but I don't think by much. He had higher TOV% than AST% each of his first two seasons, and only had a slightly higher usage than OG. Sure, Kawhi is a testament to his own work ethic and a fantastic development program in San Antonio, but at some point we need to start giving the Raps credit for their fantastic development program, and I've heard nothing but good things about OG's work ethic.

That's not to say we should expect that of him. Obviously Kawhi-like offence is a rare, rare thing.
                Kawhi had a high USG (~28%) in college, so the offensive potential was already there. OG was around 20%. That said, if OG can add Kawhi's post game and get up to that average level (20%) that would be huge. I'd be thrilled with Kawhi-like-lite.

Comment

• Best yet is I don't think OG is even playing particularly well yet. Well up to his own standards anyways.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    OG is already great on defense, but we're going to have to temper the Kawhi-esque expectations on offense. What makes Kawhi great is that he's so strong with the ball and OG will likely never have that good of a handle. Anytime OG takes more than 2 dribbles in traffic, you're like..... no, no, no.
                    Can we please stop comparing OG to Kawhi? the ONLY similiarities they have is they're both small forwards.

Better OG comparison is Aminu.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                      Can we please stop comparing OG to Kawhi? the ONLY similiarities they have is they're both small forwards.

Better OG comparison is Aminu.
                      And y'know almost identical body types, height weight and length, both very good perimeter defenders. Both drafted mid first round, both eased into their roles by winning programs..

But yeah
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        And y'know almost identical body types, height weight and length, both very good perimeter defenders. Both drafted mid first round, both eased into their roles by winning programs..

But yeah
                        This is like saying Bargnani is the next Dirk because he's 7 footer, Euro and can shoot the ball.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's called lazy comparison.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

But yeah
                            What are you talking about these guys are not remotely similar.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://thebaselinedrift.com/2017/06...kawhi-leonard/

Kawhi comparisons started long before RR. This is not "Raptors fans" thing
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

But yeah
                                Both addressed early questions about 3-pt shooting ability sooner than was expected.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X