No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's got a lot going for him.. but if he ever develops his handles the kid is going to be a star. Hope he gets a chance to work out with the guy DD worked out with a few years back.

Artest is a good comparison though. Ariza is another one.

Comment

• I still don't know why Draymond isn't the go-to comparison - leadership skills?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I still don't know why Draymond isn't the go-to comparison - leadership skills?
        Personally I don't see the passing yet that Draymond has in his arsenal.

Comment

I still don't know why Draymond isn't the go-to comparison - leadership skills?
          I don't see OG barking at his teammates like Draymond. So yeah leadership skills, passing and ball handling
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You guys have to remember that Draymond and Kawhi were both great on the glass. Literally double OG's rebound rate. That's why I said Artest, similar type of defender with the length and insane lower body strength, not much of a rebounder. Solid passer and very good on ball defender.

Comment

• The Draymond comparison comes in on the defensive side of the ball because of his measurements and advanced analytical similarities in college. Offensively he won’t be the point forward that Draymond is but he’s already a very good passer relative to other rookies and even other guys at his position. Arrest is a good comp but I don’t see him being the physical force on offence that Artest was, he’s gonna be a bit more finesse. I think a very high end ceiling is something like Kawhi lite mixed with artest. Again it’s all gravy after the defence and shooting though and what he’s doing now is great.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                You guys have to remember that Draymond and Kawhi were both great on the glass. Literally double OG's rebound rate. That's why I said Artest, similar type of defender with the length and insane lower body strength, not much of a rebounder. Solid passer and very good on ball defender.
                Yeah Artest is easily the best comparison. Another similarity is that neither block that many shots (even though OG was really good in college).

Comment

• I just don't like the Ron Artest comparison for how they actually look on the court. Artest struck me as short and stout, built like a bowling ball. Draymond on the other hand, is long but barrell-chested with strong legs - just like OG. Add that combo-forward game offensive game and versatility defensively and I think you've got the making of a good comparison.

Comment

I just don't like the Ron Artest comparison for how they actually look on the court. Artest struck me as short and stout, built like a bowling ball. Draymond on the other hand, is long but barrell-chested with strong legs - just like OG. Add that combo-forward game offensive game and versatility defensively and I think you've got the making of a good comparison.
                    Built like a tea pot! It was right there!!
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I just don't like the Ron Artest comparison for how they actually look on the court. Artest struck me as short and stout, built like a bowling ball. Draymond on the other hand, is long but barrell-chested with strong legs - just like OG. Add that combo-forward game offensive game and versatility defensively and I think you've got the making of a good comparison.

I really don't think you should base the comparison of perimeter players on their rebounding rates, but maybe that's just me. Plus I haven't seen much to make me believe that OG won't be a solid rebounder at the 3.

Comment

I just don't like the Ron Artest comparison for how they actually look on the court. Artest struck me as short and stout, built like a bowling ball. Draymond on the other hand, is long but barrell-chested with strong legs - just like OG. Add that combo-forward game offensive game and versatility defensively and I think you've got the making of a good comparison.

I really don't think you should base the comparison of perimeter players on their rebounding rates, but maybe that's just me. Plus I haven't seen much to make me believe that OG won't be a solid rebounder at the 3.
                        Haven't gone too far back on this conversation...but wouldn't you agree that attitudinally Artest & Draymond are fairly similar...both very hard nosed, aggressive and expressive? They both want to dominate their opponent in their heads as well as their play. Love to see OG inject that into his persona as time passes.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Haven't gone too far back on this conversation...but wouldn't you agree that attitudinally Artest & Draymond are fairly similar...both very hard nosed, aggressive and expressive? They both want to dominate their opponent in their heads as well as their play. Love to see OG inject that into his persona as time passes.
                          They’re both very aggressive but very different personalities. Dray is very charasmatic kinda like Gary Payton, while Ron...more than a little cray. I think OG might get a little more intense as he gets his legs under him. But he doesn’t need to be like them - Kawhi’s nature has served him just fine, and OG seems to be more on that quiet, even keeled end of the spectrum.

Comment

They’re both very aggressive but very different personalities. Dray is very charasmatic kinda like Gary Payton, while Ron...more than a little cray. I think OG might get a little more intense as he gets his legs under him. But he doesn’t need to be like them - Kawhi’s nature has served him just fine, and OG seems to be more on that quiet, even keeled end of the spectrum.
                            There's something unsettling about a quiet guy that can violently wrench the ball out of your hands if you aren't careful
                            OG is our king

Comment

I agree that OG is/seems preternaturally reserved ...but who knows...he is still young. I like the Kawahi comparison... I'll take the silent assassin type as well

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                The Draymond comparison comes in on the defensive side of the ball because of his measurements and advanced analytical similarities in college. Offensively he won’t be the point forward that Draymond is but he’s already a very good passer relative to other rookies and even other guys at his position. Arrest is a good comp but I don’t see him being the physical force on offence that Artest was, he’s gonna be a bit more finesse. I think a very high end ceiling is something like Kawhi lite mixed with artest. Again it’s all gravy after the defence and shooting though and what he’s doing now is great.

Also he won't be doing this

Comment

Working...
                                X