Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    It's an interesting idea since OG is usually where opposing teams hide their worst defender. That's where Terry would have been in the clutch last night for example. And OG is a decent passer, so if he ends up in a 4 on 3 from an outlet pass he should be able to find a shooter.
    OG’s passing ability, IQ and length are what makes it possible. Doesn’t have to be for end of game. I mean, that’s just one idea and hopefully there’s this big bag of tricks of plays we haven’t seen that the coaching staff is holding back for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I like the guy..but common..zero,zero,zero,enough said.

https://streamable.com/bg2c3
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        I like the guy..but common..zero,zero,zero,enough said.

https://streamable.com/bg2c3
        Lol. One of my all-time favorite Smitch quotes. I remember that interview and I’m pretty sure he was calling out Jerome Moiso with the 5 zee-roes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Disclaimer 1: I love OG's work ethic, attitude, and defensive potential.

Disclaimer 2: I acknowledge that he's still rusty coming back from injury.

Thanks to Powell sucking so hard, we have a big hole at SF heading into April. OG's looked very out of place in the starting lineup. And his outside shot has been missing since before the all-star break.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Disclaimer 1: I love OG's work ethic, attitude, and defensive potential.

Disclaimer 2: I acknowledge that he's still rusty coming back from injury.

Thanks to Powell sucking so hard, we have a big hole at SF heading into April. OG's looked very out of place in the starting lineup. And his outside shot has been missing since before the all-star break.
              Yeah, if OG had shot like 66% from three since the all-star break I would feel much better.

Ideally the starting lineup with OG would be posting a positive net rating since the all star break, too. It would be OK if they didn't quite post the +12 rating they managed before the break, with the tough schedule of late, but if they were in the +8-9 range I'd feel much better.

You are right that OG has looked rusty since coming back from injury. Mostly defensively, and knowing where to be, and he's made some strange decisions on offence, driving into traffic (Norm-itis I called it). That should all work itself out as he gets the feel back, and the team gets some practice time in (the upcoming stretch of home games should help, plus the days off afterwards). But it's a fairly significant exaggeration to describe the situation as a hole at SF.

In case it wasn't obvious above, yes, OG is shooting 66% from three and the starting unit with him has a +8.5 net rating, since the all-star break.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, if OG had shot like 66% from three since the all-star break I would feel much better.

Ideally the starting lineup with OG would be posting a positive net rating since the all star break, too. It would be OK if they didn't quite post the +12 rating they managed before the break, with the tough schedule of late, but if they were in the +8-9 range I'd feel much better.

You are right that OG has looked rusty since coming back from injury. Mostly defensively, and knowing where to be, and he's made some strange decisions on offence, driving into traffic (Norm-itis I called it). That should all work itself out as he gets the feel back, and the team gets some practice time in (the upcoming stretch of home games should help, plus the days off afterwards). But it's a fairly significant exaggeration to describe the situation as a hole at SF.

In case it wasn't obvious above, yes, OG is shooting 66% from three and the starting unit with him has a +8.5 net rating, since the all-star break.
                He's made 6 threes since the allstar break. I'm a little weary of small sample sizes.

Comment

He's made 6 threes since the allstar break. I'm a little weary of small sample sizes.
                  What sample would be better? How about his last 10 games, where he's 50% from three. His last 15 games where he is 35%? His last 20, 34%?

The reality is, his rough stretch lasted a month. Mid-December to mid-January he shot 16% from 3. Before that he was a 47% three point shooter. Since, a mid-thirties 3PT shooter. If we are going to mistrust small samples, I'd say the one from a couple months ago is the one to disregard.

His issue now is he just needs to shoot more. He's hesitating and driving into traffic instead, forcing his looks and turning the ball over. Needs to understand his role in the offence.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What sample would be better? How about his last 10 games, where he's 50% from three. His last 15 games where he is 35%? His last 20, 34%?

The reality is, his rough stretch lasted a month. Mid-December to mid-January he shot 16% from 3. Before that he was a 47% three point shooter. Since, a mid-thirties 3PT shooter. If we are going to mistrust small samples, I'd say the one from a couple months ago is the one to disregard.

His issue now is he just needs to shoot more. He's hesitating and driving into traffic instead, forcing his looks and turning the ball over. Needs to understand his role in the offence.
                    I don't know what OG's "true" shooting percentage is. I just know that shooting was not his strength coming out of college, he still has less-than-ideal shooting form, is struggling with his decision making, and is playing a mere 10-15 minutes per game.

That's not a starting SF for a championship calibre team.

Having said that, I honestly don't know what the alternative is. Just hoping that OG steps up his game in the next few weeks, which is a lot to ask of a rookie.

Comment

I don't know what OG's "true" shooting percentage is. I just know that shooting was not his strength coming out of college, he still has less-than-ideal shooting form, is struggling with his decision making, and is playing a mere 10-15 minutes per game.

That's not a starting SF for a championship calibre team.

Having said that, I honestly don't know what the alternative is. Just hoping that OG steps up his game in the next few weeks, which is a lot to ask of a rookie.
                      With only 10 games to go, the 3 spot is certainly a concern. Norm is still 2018 Norm. OG is, eye test, not as confident or as productive as he was before injury/rookie wall. CJ is not a great defender. It’s a concern for a team with designs on the Finals. You just have to hope for one of the three to be hot in any given post season game, I think.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Might be time to give Wright a chance to start at the 3. I simply don't trust OG period. Is there even a worst driver in the NBA than this guy? he is so awkward with the ball.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Might be time to give Wright a chance to start at the 3. I simply don't trust OG period. Is there even a worst driver in the NBA than this guy? he is so awkward with the ball.
                          DeMarre Carroll
                          OG is our king

Comment

• OG will be fine so long as we don't undermine his confidence late in the season by being ridiculous and benching him rather than letting him play himself back into fighting shape.

We should draw basically no conclusions from this brutal stretch of the schedule. Let alone rotation-changing ones.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He just needs to shoot more, that’s literally it. He’s been shooting well just not taking shots when he should, and we aren’t finding him as much.

Comment

OG will be fine so long as we don't undermine his confidence late in the season by being ridiculous and benching him rather than letting him play himself back into fighting shape.

We should draw basically no conclusions from this brutal stretch of the schedule. Let alone rotation-changing ones.
                                Tell that to a basketball coach. I’m all for letting him try to get his mojo back via extended minutes over the final couple of weeks, but if he doesn’t, the 3 position is the biggest concern for this team in the playoffs. It was a question pre season, it was quelled somewhat with OG’s unrxpectedly good play in the early season, and it’s a question again now given his recent struggles.

Aside: If a late season benching due to poor performance is enough to kill OG’s confidence, he’s not what we all think he is.
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X