Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Like turning Powell into a volume 3 shooter...1 or 2 ok, but 9? WAS left him wide open.
    Powell is over asserting himself again...he's like our 10th best player. He should be just like the backcourt version of OG, 5th option, savage defense.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Powell is over asserting himself again...he's like our 10th best player. He should be just like the backcourt version of OG, 5th option, savage defense.
      Powell can be extremely valuable, but he's a low IQ player, so once you find a role for him within the team, that's it. Don't touch it. He's not as "super-fluid" as Nurse likes his players to be. Not everyone can thrive on chaos and improvise like Pascal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Powell can be extremely valuable, but he's a low IQ player, so once you find a role for him within the team, that's it. Don't touch it. He's not as "super-fluid" as Nurse likes his players to be. Not everyone can thrive on chaos and improvise like Pascal.
        Powell seems like he would thrive in transition, but sometimes he makes bone headed plays even when the court is wide open. Yesterday he ran to the corner 3 when Lowry was looking for the transition dunk (which ended up as a TO).

I would have him either stand by the corner 3 or in situations where hes the 1st or 2nd cutter to the basket with Gasol at the elbow. When the play breaks down, they should never give it to him, as he is terrible when he goes 1 on 1.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          Powell seems like he would thrive in transition, but sometimes he makes bone headed plays even when the court is wide open. Yesterday he ran to the corner 3 when Lowry was looking for the transition dunk (which ended up as a TO).

I would have him either stand by the corner 3 or in situations where hes the 1st or 2nd cutter to the basket with Gasol at the elbow. When the play breaks down, they should never give it to him, as he is terrible when he goes 1 on 1.
          And yet they have creating at the top of the arc a lot. They're still trying to force a square peg into a round hole. He is best when he hunts for his opportunities using his speed and getting open, but they're still trying to turn him into westbrook-lite
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Guys, they're just giving him some opportunity with the ball in his hands. See if he can navigate the PnR or exploit a mismatch. Nothing wrong with that. He has been shooting the ball pretty well this season too, so he shouldn't shy away from the types of 3pt looks he got last night.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I hope Nurse understands the limits of his role player's skill sets are by now and starts reining them in after the ASG. I'm all for player development, but the last 20 games needs to be about honing this team into a well-oiled machine with everybody knowing their roles and what they truly can & cannot do when the moment of truth arrives. That, and developing a consistent defensive identity to match the elite potential on this squad.
              I hope so too. This is where Casey was good and this is the one time I'll say be more like Casey lol
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                OG played 20 minutes beside Siakam last night, had a +60 net rating in those minutes.

OG played 15 minutes away from Siakam last night, had a -37 net rating in those minutes.

It's partly position, but also partly role. OG had an 11% usage rate in the Siakam minutes, and an 18% usage in the other minutes. He's a defender and 5th option. Use him that way and things will go well.
                Interesting. I agree it's probably mostly usage but I also find his defence a lot better when he's guarding the perimeter as opposed to a big.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

OG played 20 minutes beside Siakam last night, had a +60 net rating in those minutes.

OG played 15 minutes away from Siakam last night, had a -37 net rating in those minutes.

It's partly position, but also partly role. OG had an 11% usage rate in the Siakam minutes, and an 18% usage in the other minutes. He's a defender and 5th option. Use him that way and things will go well.
                  So wait.... we’re talking a 97 point swing depending on whether or not he plays alongside Pascal????
                  lolololol .... wtf

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    So wait.... we’re talking a 97 point swing depending on whether or not he plays alongside Pascal????
                    lolololol .... wtf
                    Well, extreme results are common in one game samples. But that might be one of the more extreme examples I've seen with a decent sample on both cases.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OG is starting to play a little better lately.
                      Thats all I notice, and Toronto could benefit immensely if the trend continues as he gets more comfortable.

Comment

Well, extreme results are common in one game samples. But that might be one of the more extreme examples I've seen with a decent sample on both cases.
                        To expand on this, though, the trend holds up (obviously to a far less extreme degree) on the season.

OG has played about 300 minutes beside Siakam this year. The team has a +11.5 net rating with the pair on the court together. OG is actually carrying a similar usage rate in both cases (about 14%), but is obviously finishing more offence as opposed to trying to create it, judging by his turnover rate and efficiency (5.8 TOV% and 63 TS% beside Siakam, 10.0 TOV% and 48 TS% away from him).

OG has played about 700 minutes away from Siakam this year. The team has a -5.2 net rating in those minutes.

For reference, Siakam has an on-court net rating of +10 on the year - meaning it's not just OG playing poorly but Siakam bolstering the team when out there with him, the team is actually better with the pair of them on the court (+11.5 RTG) than they are with Siakam when OG is sitting (+9.3 RTG).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Interesting. I agree it's probably mostly usage but I also find his defence a lot better when he's guarding the perimeter as opposed to a big.
                          This is why I hope we pick up a big off buyouts. OG is a natural SF, he needs to play his position

Comment

• Interesting stuff Dan... I think the lineup myself and maybe most people were most interested in at the beginning of the season involved seeing three of Kawhi, Siakam and OG on the floor at the same time, for their length and switchability. Doesn’t feel like we’ve seen a lot of that, largely because OG has been pretty off for much of the season, for reasons that have been discussed. I feel like people don’t talk about positioning and fit enough in those reasons though, though I have heard you talk about it, I’m sure Dan. (The other reason is that Danny green has been so effective starting.)

It really makes me wonder though, if OG can continue to show that his head is right again and he’s ready to really contribute, how can we get him more minutes with Kawhi and Siakam. The idea of our death lineup with Kyle, Kawhi, OG, Pascal and Serge (or even Marc now) is something that was so real during the lead up to the season and through our first incredible opening run. This gives me some renewed hope that maybe they can find it and make it work.

Maybe, even though he’s been so great, they should consider slotting Danny Green into the 2nd unit even. That would mean asking where we find minutes between Lin and Norm and eventually FVV off the bench. In doing the arithmetic on that though it becomes clear we’re short a backup PF, unless we consider Boucher ready to go, which, while I love him, I’m not sure he’s there yet. All of this is why OG’s been playing a bit out of his comfort zone all year at PF, as opposed to his more natural position of SF, as you said A.I.

I feel like to get past Milwaukee — and to achieve the ultimate dream of taking down the Warriors. Our best shot might be in the length and switchability that would lie within a combo of those 3. It’d mean OG playing to the peak of his abilities. It’s a big ask, the way season has gone so far. Maybe him being in the rising stars game gives him some added confidence.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Interesting stuff Dan... I think the lineup myself and maybe most people were most interested in at the beginning of the season involved seeing three of Kawhi, Siakam and OG on the floor at the same time, for their length and switchability. Doesn’t feel like we’ve seen a lot of that, largely because OG has been pretty off for much of the season, for reasons that have been discussed. I feel like people don’t talk about positioning and fit enough in those reasons though, though I have heard you talk about it, I’m sure Dan. (The other reason is that Danny green has been so effective starting.)

It really makes me wonder though, if OG can continue to show that his head is right again and he’s ready to really contribute, how can we get him more minutes with Kawhi and Siakam. The idea of our death lineup with Kyle, Kawhi, OG, Pascal and Serge (or even Marc now) is something that was so real during the lead up to the season and through our first incredible opening run. This gives me some renewed hope that maybe they can find it and make it work.

Maybe, even though he’s been so great, they should consider slotting Danny Green into the 2nd unit even. That would mean asking where we find minutes between Lin and Norm and eventually FVV off the bench. In doing the arithmetic on that though it becomes clear we’re short a backup PF, unless we consider Boucher ready to go, which, while I love him, I’m not sure he’s there yet. All of this is why OG’s been playing a bit out of his comfort zone all year at PF, as opposed to his more natural position of SF, as you said A.I.

I feel like to get past Milwaukee — and to achieve the ultimate dream of taking down the Warriors. Our best shot might be in the length and switchability that would lie within a combo of those 3. It’d mean OG playing to the peak of his abilities. It’s a big ask, the way season has gone so far. Maybe him being in the rising stars game gives him some added confidence.
                              Against the Warriors death lineup, or when/if the Bucks use Giannis at C:

Pascal, OG, Kawhi, Green, Lowry

I'd like to see that. I'd be very interested to see what pascal can do against Draymond. Dray has got the physicality but Pascal has got the speed and quickness.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Against the Warriors death lineup, or when/if the Bucks use Giannis at C:

Pascal, OG, Kawhi, Green, Lowry

I'd like to see that. I'd be very interested to see what pascal can do against Draymond. Dray has got the physicality but Pascal has got the speed and quickness.
                                Feeling that new avatar.

(Even if it does make me a little sad to see JV poking out in the background.

And yeah... I feel like Pascal could embarrass Draymond.
                                Though he may find himself matched with KD...

Comment

Working...
                                X