No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, OG. Time to start hitting shots. Kids gloves are officially off now. 30% from the foul like is inexcusable under any circumstances.

Markelle fucking Fultz shoots better with his brain and nerve damage eating away his appendages.

Comment

• Does anyone know what "personal reasons" OG has to miss the last couple games? I wish the dude well. He looked to be just finding his game. Obviously mental health takes precedence over basketball though.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
        Does anyone know what "personal reasons" OG has to miss the last couple games? I wish the dude well. He looked to be just finding his game. Obviously mental health takes precedence over basketball though.
        I'm not sure but that's why I'm saying people need to chill. OG seems to be going through a lot and that is probably why his play hasn't been as good this season.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• While I agree it's none of our business, it also is since he's on the team we root for. To me, it's too simplistic to understand he lost his Dad; not to be crass but that was back in September. I think it's something esle or his head is simply not right.

In any event, time away, counselling, whatever he needs, go get it. THe team needs him right

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            While I agree it's none of our business, it also is since he's on the team we root for. To me, it's too simplistic to understand he lost his Dad; not to be crass but that was back in September. I think it's something esle or his head is simply not right.

In any event, time away, counselling, whatever he needs, go get it. THe team needs him right
            You know September was just like 5 months ago and that was his only living parent? To act like he should get over it by now shows no empathy. It is none of our business what he is going through and why he isn't with the team. Let him have some space and go through this loss in peace, because the moment fans find out his business trust and believe they are going to be all in his mentions on social media. He doesn't need that. It doesn't matter if he's a part of the team we are a fan of. It's none of our business but his and the organization that pays him. And from what I heard his father died in his sleep.If true it was definitely a sudden thing which makes it even harder.

100% we need OG right and I want him to get all the help he needs. People just need to ease up on the guy. There are people literally coming at a 22 year old second year player who just lost his father saying he's not and NBA talent and comparing him to Bruno and shit lol. Bruno never showed not an ounce of the potential OG has. It really is a what have you done for me lately world. You would swear people forgot how well he played last season, not only in the regular season but the playoffs too. Y'all really need to chill.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              You know September was just like 5 months ago and that was his only living parent? To act like he should get over it by now shows no empathy. It is none of our business what he is going through and why he isn't with the team. Let him have some space and go through this loss in peace, because the moment fans find out his business trust and believe they are going to be all in his mentions on social media. He doesn't need that. It doesn't matter if he's a part of the team we are a fan of. It's none of our business but his and the organization that pays him. And from what I heard his father died in his sleep.If true it was definitely a sudden thing which makes it even harder.

100% we need OG right and I want him to get all the help he needs. People just need to ease up on the guy. There are people literally coming at a 22 year old second year player who just lost his father saying he's not and NBA talent and comparing him to Bruno and shit lol. Bruno never showed not an ounce of the potential OG has. It really is a what have you done for me lately world. You would swear people forgot how well he played last season, not only in the regular season but the playoffs too. Y'all really need to chill.
              Yes I know it was just in September since I said, you know "it was back in September". I personally think it's more than just losing his Dad if you find it's hard to do your job 4 months later but as I also said, "whatever help he needs, go get it"

PS
              That's empathy (or sympathy for those of you who haven't lost someone close to you). Please don't try to paint me into a corner where I'm not standing ....
              Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Jan 20, 2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• GLF everyone is chill

Comment

3-6 months after a loss is a high risk time for depression. Really hope he is seeing a psychilgist/psychiatrist. His mental state will have a huge impact on his performance.

Comment

• I assumed it was somehow linked to his father. I didn't know if anyone had anymore insight. I'm pretty sure I heard about the lost of his father here, so I was wondering if anyone had any other insider information (out of care, not to be suggesting he should be playing instead).

I wish OG nothing but the best. I lost my father young, but he was not my last living parent. It would be incredibly hard to go through that, at his age, away from all of his support system. Hopefully he can get the help he needs/deserves.

Comment

People just need to ease up on the guy. There are people literally coming at a 22 year old second year player who just lost his father saying he's not and NBA talent and comparing him to Bruno and shit lol. Bruno never showed not an ounce of the potential OG has. It really is a what have you done for me lately world. You would swear people forgot how well he played last season, not only in the regular season but the playoffs too. Y'all really need to chill.
                      In fairness, it's really only Fury that's been that negative about him...
                      ...and Fury's like Kylo-Ren-level negative about everything.

Comment

Yes I know it was just in September since I said, you know "it was back in September". I personally think it's more than just losing his Dad if you find it's hard to do your job 4 months later but as I also said, "whatever help he needs, go get it"

PS
                        That's empathy (or sympathy for those of you who haven't lost someone close to you). Please don't try to paint me into a corner where I'm not standing ....
                        I'm not trying to paint you in a corner and I'm sorry if I did. I just feel you saying it has to be something more than just his father passing for him to still be having a hard time doesn't make sense to me. 4 months is literally nothing. It's his last living parent, he's young and who knows how close he was to his father. And it seems to have been a sudden death. Him being over it by now to me would be more concerning, but everyone grieves differently. Maybe it is more, maybe you're right, we don't know, but I don't think its crazy or strange if he's still having trouble dealing with his pain that's all.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                          In fairness, it's really only Fury that's been that negative about him...
                          ...and Fury's like Kylo-Ren-level negative about everything.

This is true. I don't know, it just bothers me how lightly some people seem to be taking this. Death is serious and losing a parent is not easy. His mental health comes before basketball. And to act like he's playing bad for no reason is silly. He's had a couple injuries already this season (or was just out a couple stints because of injury. I can't remember) and he lost a parent. He's also in his second year when a lot of players usually struggle and is playing PF predominately for the first time in the NBA. He'll be just fine in due time.

Comment

I'm not trying to paint you in a corner and I'm sorry if I did. I just feel you saying it has to be something more than just his father passing for him to still be having a hard time doesn't make sense to me. 4 months is literally nothing. It's his last living parent, he's young and who knows how close he was to his father. And it seems to have been a sudden death. Him being over it by now to me would be more concerning, but everyone grieves differently. Maybe it is more, maybe you're right, we don't know, but I don't think its crazy or strange if he's still having trouble dealing with his pain that's all.
                            Fair enough. You're correct that everyone processes these things differently but I will say, 99% of people don't/can't miss work work multiple times 4 months after a parent passes unless you're into clinical depression. imo .... I hope and believe he'd be getting help.

I for one, will give him all he needs.

Comment

Fair enough. You're correct that everyone processes these things differently but I will say, 99% of people don't/can't miss work work multiple times 4 months after a parent passes unless you're into clinical depression. imo .... I hope and believe he'd be getting help.

I for one, will give him all he needs.
                              That is a good point. He does have the luxury of being allowed to take time off here and there. I agree, I definitely hold he's getting the help he needs and has someone to talk to

Comment

• Still out, huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X