Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury wrote: View Post
    JV has played well but Ibaka's been better. But White men can jump keeps whining about Ibaka's play and why JV isn't getting more mins( heard this before).
    Yes and last year JV was playing more than Ibaka at season's end and in the playoffs. JV has consistently been a solid or better playoff performer. Ibaka is hardly a massive upgrade defensively at this point, if at all. And now we seem to be trying our hardest to take JV out of his comfort zone by giving him less stability with his minutes, while we can probably expect Serge to have the same kind of inconsistent season which has become the norm for him over the last few years.

I don't know what your point is here other than to troll.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Quote me.
      Not going to bother going back to years old post. I remember it clear as day and that it was you. It was easily the worst player comparison I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yes and last year JV was playing more than Ibaka at season's end and in the playoffs. JV has consistently been a solid or better playoff performer. Ibaka is hardly a massive upgrade defensively at this point, if at all. And now we seem to be trying our hardest to take JV out of his comfort zone by giving him less stability with his minutes, while we can probably expect Serge to have the same kind of inconsistent season which has become the norm for him over the last few years.

I don't know what your point is here other than to troll.

Troll? Lol

You're the one who popped in here randomly and mentioned that i compared Smart to Irving lol. QUOTE ME.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV has played well but Ibaka's been better. But White men can jump keeps whining about Ibaka's play and why JV isn't getting more mins( heard this before).
          JV has definitely been better

Comment

Troll? Lol

You're the one who popped in here randomly and mentioned that i compared Smart to Irving lol. QUOTE ME.
            That's not trolling. You are ripping into everyone for their comparisons when you once compared two guards who basically are complete opposites. I think it's fair to bring up if you're going to attack everyone else's opinions.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Oct 22, 2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Not going to bother going back to years old post. I remember it clear as day and that it was you. It was easily the worst player comparison I've ever seen in my life.

In other words you can't, because i never compared Smart to Irving lol.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyways. Nobody here is authority on what comparisons we can and can't make. I don't have to compare Raptors prospect to fucking scrubs all the time because of "overhype"
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

In other words you can't, because i never compared Smart to Irving lol.
                  Yes you did. I am at work and won't waste my time on the RR version of Skip Bayless.

Comment

Yes you did. I am at work and won't waste my time on the RR version of Skip Bayless.

And i'm the one who's trolling lmao. You popped in here randomly and mentioned things that i never said. And now you're name calling.

Are you still upset that ibaka is getting more mins than JV?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

And i'm the one who's trolling lmao. You popped in here randomly and mentioned things that i never said. And now you're name calling.

Are you still upset that ibaka is getting more mins than JV?
                      Upset is not the right word. I am disappointed that Nurse is making the same type of reactive choices which have been one of the main reasons Casey was a bad playoff coach.

Comment

Upset is not the right word. I am disappointed that Nurse is making the same type of reactive choices which have been one of the main reasons Casey was a bad playoff coach.

There's a qualitative difference between establishing *on Day 1 of the regular season* that your starting lineup will be fluid and match-up dependent, versus etching a starting lineup in stone during the regular season and then trashing it the first moment things go a little sideways in the playoffs.

Will Nurse's approach work? We'll see. But it's superficial to liken it to Casey's, imo.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          There's a qualitative difference between establishing *on Day 1 of the regular season* that your starting lineup will be fluid and match-up dependent, versus etching a starting lineup in stone during the regular season and then trashing it the first moment things go a little sideways in the playoffs.

Will Nurse's approach work? We'll see. But it's superficial to liken it to Casey's, imo.
                          But that's not the comparison I'm making.

Casey may have etched his rotation in stone in terms of his starters/bench, but we all knew his patterns of quick hooks and matching up to the other team with our bigs.

The rationale, ie. basing your choices on reacting to the other team, is very similar so far under Nurse and that is all I'm alluding to. I am trying to mostly ignore it for now, but it is something I will be keeping an eye on through the season.

My fear with it is that we may see Ibaka flame out again this season, becoming worse and more inconsistent through the grind, and JV may be more inconsistent from being in and out of the rotation more with minutes that can vary a lot from night to night. This could lead to us going into the playoffs with neither guy at their best.

Comment

But that's not the comparison I'm making.

Casey may have etched his rotation in stone in terms of his starters/bench, but we all knew his patterns of quick hooks and matching up to the other team with our bigs.

The rationale, ie. basing your choices on reacting to the other team, is very similar so far under Nurse and that is all I'm alluding to. I am trying to mostly ignore it for now, but it is something I will be keeping an eye on through the season.

My fear with it is that we may see Ibaka flame out again this season, becoming worse and more inconsistent through the grind, and JV may be more inconsistent from being in and out of the rotation more with minutes that can vary a lot from night to night. This could lead to us going into the playoffs with neither guy at their best.

It isn't a given that choosing to be reactive is inherently bad. Certainly not with this roster, where we're deep enough that a change won't have an impact on the net talent level on the floor.

Casey's problems were much deeper than simply being reactive.

As for JV, we've seen his minutes get jerked around like nobodies business, with seemingly no rhyme or reason, and it ended up having little to no effect on his level of play. This year, he knows from Day 1 that the lineups are going to be fluid. I think he'll be totally fine.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Wishing this young cat all the best.
                              Hopefully he can find that the game itself could be an outlet to his recent personal issues.
                              Loosing a parent is difficult.
                              This is bigger than basketball, but sometimes doing the things you love in times of sorrow can only give a sense of normalcy in an otherwise foreign time.

All the best OG. We love you up North!

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                                Wishing this young cat all the best.
                                Hopefully he can find that the game itself could be an outlet to his recent personal issues.
                                Loosing a parent is difficult.
                                This is bigger than basketball, but sometimes doing the things you love in times of sorrow can only give a sense of normalcy in an otherwise foreign time.

All the best OG. We love you up North!
                                Shredder, you're a good guy when you're not trying to murder the teenage mutant ninja turtles
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X