Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    "Finally" got the playing time. Relax CBS. This is one that casey is actually grooming perfectly, for now.
    Casey has actually done a great job developing all these players.

All of our young players(except for Poeltl) are late 1st round picks. Powell was drafted 46th overall and VV went undrafted.

They're all in the rotation and they're all playing well. Only guy that isn't getting any playing time is Bruno and you can't really blame Casey for not playing him lol.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Casey has actually done a great job developing all these players.

All of our young players(except for Poeltl) are late 1st round picks. Powell was drafted 46th overall and VV went undrafted.

They're all in the rotation and they're all playing well. Only guy that isn't getting any playing time is Bruno and you can't really blame Casey for not playing him lol.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.
      Masai gets credit at the part on picking the best characters that fit the team theme: being ignored by the masses and under-estimated

Comment

• I remember OG draft night interview I was concerned by his tone or voice that he didn't want to be in Toronto.

Come to find out OG is just...OG
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Everything OG Anunoby

This article about OG is unintentionally hilarious. It reads like it was written by someone who can’t speak English and has never watched a game of basketball in their life.
          http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/20...002168467.html

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            This article about OG is unintentionally hilarious. It reads like it was written by someone who can’t speak English and has never watched a game of basketball in their life.
            http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/20...002168467.html
            Yeah, starts right off the bat.

As the Raptors are now 11-5 on the season and have won four in a row according to NBA.com,
            How many in a row have we won according to other websites?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
              Reading that article makes it even more difficult to believe that he fell to us on draft night. I feel like I'm missing something.
              I wouldn't disregard how much teams discounted him based on the injury. I would suggest the Raps are a bit unique in their willingness to give guys multiple years to grow and develop without the pressure to play immediately. Plus, they can take a flyer on an injured guy because of their depth whereas other teams may not have the luxury to take on additional risk.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Raptors republic local t Rex has us at 2 wins 5 losses 9 fake wins

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Raptors republic local t Rex has us at 2 wins 5 losses 9 fake wins
                  You've been on fire recently.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    You've been on fire recently.....
                    Agreed.
                    Seems to be coinciding with his new avatar.
                    Coincidence???
                    I don't fucking think so.

Comment

• Everything OG Anunoby

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I love it. They don’t realize you don’t have to cite basic basketball facts. It’s the nuances of sports writing that this person just doesn’t get that I find hilarious.

Comment

• That article made me chuckle.... I'm just glad OG is showing why we drafted him & I bet every team in front of us is pinching themselves for not taking him.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Is OG a player we can build around as the main cog of this team or a really, really good 3&D role player, in your opinions?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Is OG a player we can build around as the main cog of this team or a really, really good 3&D role player, in your opinions?
                            For now? He's just a good 3&D role player. He hasn't even gotten one 'really' in front of that, and we're quite a few steps away from considering the former.

Does he have an ultimate possible ceiling as an all star? Sure. He's what 16 games into his career and he's looked good, so impossible to now. And obviously I love the kid, but I think we need to take it one step at a time. We can't find ourselves disappointed with "found money" if he doesn't become a top 15 NBA player. I mean, he wasn't even supposed to play yet. Let's just hope for incremental improvement and take what we can get out of a 23rd pick (while also shooting for the stars, realistically speaking )

Comment

• OG is exactly the kind of pick needed to vault off of the dreaded 'very good team treadmill' and onto the elite one. Atlanta never added one, the Spurs did.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Is OG a player we can build around as the main cog of this team or a really, really good 3&D role player, in your opinions?
                                But also, there's this for our ever insatiable OG appetites

In a video he posted to YouTube where he took fan questions, Kevin Durant was asked which rookies have impressed him the most so far and right off the top he mentioned the Raptors’ Anunoby. (Skip to the 2:50 mark in the video below.)

“Rookies that caught my attention? I like OG Anunoby from Toronto. He plays hard, he can shoot it, he rebounds well,” Durant said. “He’s gonna be really good in the future.”
                                http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-nba-rookies/

Comment

Working...
                                X