Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone give a warm welcome to Ballswin and Cody!

Comment

Welcome boys.

Comment

Now, will their rosters be split up a la the NBA league? Or will they just flip for one or the other? Not sure how that works.

Comment

Last time this happened I'm pretty sure we opted to just transfer the intact teams. I thought about pooling the talent and letting them pick their teams that way but what does everyone think we should do. I'm open to whatever, all the returning members get a seat at the table.

Comment

New guys,

Here's a helpful tip: remember that this is a PPR league. This can greatly change the landscape when compared to a standard league. Players who catch the ball tend to go up the rankings and RBs not involved in the passing game tend to lose a step or two.

A second helpful tip: You're in a league that starts a lot of IDP(Individual defensive players). These guys tend to score less than offensive players but don't forget about IDPs. Sometimes a roster of good IDPs can mean the difference between winning or losing two or three close games on a season. Those games can mean you made the playoffs and have a shot at the title.

Third tip: check out those who've already submitted their keepers to get a sense of what might be a smart path to take come July 31st(the keeper submission deadline).

- The Commish

Comment

I've never played PPR Fantasy Football before... I have done keeper a few times though. So this is new territory & I have 0 idea who to keep on my team as I feel the vast majority of the team is crap.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

If I were you this is what I would do:

Russell Wilson
                Kirk Cousins
                Doug Baldwin
                Terrelle Pryor
                Tyler Lockett
                Allen Robinson
                Mark Ingram
                Jamaal Charles
                Thomas Rawls
                Greg Olsen
                Graham Gano
                Reshad Jones
                Reggie Nelson
                Earl Thomas
                Lavonte David
                Deone Bucannon
                Preston Brown
                Brandon Marshall
                Camweron Heyward

That's 19 out of the 25 required. These are the only guys I'd personally be interested in if I controlled that team. From there I'd pick six more either based on upside or just filler. Then I'd make sure I took five guys in the draft who could produce at positions of weakness(ie: RB & WR). Then after the draft I'd probably cut the six guys I had no choice to keep and replace them with better options via free agency.

Your team has good bones but you have some work to do, that's for sure.

Comment

Just keep in mind that Ceez finished 2nd two seasons ago. Russell Wilson was a beast down the stretch that year. One really hot player can really turn the tide even in starting lineups this large.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sundays will never be the same!
                    RR OG

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Last time this happened I'm pretty sure we opted to just transfer the intact teams. I thought about pooling the talent and letting them pick their teams that way but what does everyone think we should do. I'm open to whatever, all the returning members get a seat at the table.
                      I'm open to either way as well, I know we've always just shifted the whole team in the past, but the draft in NBA Dynasty seemed like a fair way to do things when 2 new owners arrived last year.

Doesn't matter to me in the end, I'm still at the bottom of the league but I did win the consolation round again!

Comment

The only thing is we're talking two people going through +60 players. My fear is it could take too long. Maybe in the future I should get the league going earlier and set the deadlines earlier to facilitate these cool ideas.

Comment

Yea, it's a lot of players. Probably easiest just to assign teams.

Comment

All I know is that the Ravens 4th string CB is going to be a game-changer this season.
                            RR OG

Comment

So make sure you acquire him by drafting him early. Lock that down.

Comment

I locked in my 25 keepers:

01. QB - BRADY
                                02. QB - MARIOTA

03. WR - SANDERS
                                04. WR - CRABTREE
                                05. WR - MEREDITH
                                06. WR - LANDRY
                                07. WR - THOMAS
                                08. WR - MARSHALL
                                09. WR - SNEAD

10. RB - STEWART