No announcement yet.

ESPN Rumour: Bosh for Bynum Done Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's leaving for sure, this is the deal I'd make. There's nobody else that's going to give up a talent like Bynum so I'd take it and run if I were BC.

Vujacic and Brown coming back this way doesn't do anything for me. We'd have 5 SG's on the team(Weems, DeRozan, Belli, Brown, Sasha), there'd be too much of a backlog with not enough PT for everyone. We'd still need a serviceable backup 3, and they don't exactly have one(Luke Walton?). Some of you may say Weems or DeRozan can fill in at the 3 but I'd rather keep them at the 2 and have them develop there(playing together occasionally).

Comment

Bynum is 60 cents on the dollar?

Really? I'm pretty sure if they make that trade Bynum has better numbers than Bosh next year and at a much reduced price tag. Throw in the fact that he is a beast defensively, still improving and has a serious chip on his shoulder, i'd say the raps are getting the better exchange rate.

Bynum's biggest problem other than his injuries woes is that he doesn't mesh with Gasol on the court. He thinks he should be the go to guy on the lakers and instead he's third fiddle at best. They won last year without him and I think he wants his own to team to prove that he can be the man. He's being under utilized and its affecting his game play.

This trade would catapult the raps to upper echelon of the East. Turk would get his Dwight back, Bargs would flourish on both sides of the ball and even poor Jose wouldn't be the sacrificial lamb on defense any more.

If the Lakers want to make this trade, the raptors should do it regardless of whether Bosh wants to stay or not. Bynum is what Oden is supposed to be, once he puts it together the league better take notice. He is the home run that BC has been swinging at for over four years, big risk, big reward.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think Lee would be a perfect fit... "rebounding-wise" only. He'd be the only player on the team to actually want to rebound. Everyone else usually watches Bosh grab the rebound. Ah, now I'm really getting irritated at that thought (of everyone else watching Bosh).
        #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

If we do end up trading Bosh for Bynum, I'd "still" like to see the Raps trade Calderon to the Warriors for Maggette.

How would this Raps team stack up against the best in the East:

Starters
          PG: Jack
          SG: Derozan
          SF: Maggette
          PF: Bargs
          C: Bynum

Bench
          PG: Hedo (Point Forward), Banks
          SG: Belinelli
          SF: Weems
          PF: Evans
          C: Amir

And we would also have our draft pick (the best player available).
          RR OG

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

Really? I'm pretty sure if they make that trade Bynum has better numbers than Bosh next year and at a much reduced price tag. Throw in the fact that he is a beast defensively, still improving and has a serious chip on his shoulder, i'd say the raps are getting the better exchange rate.
            Andrew Bynum
            Average games played per season: 55.6 (67.8%)
            Average games player per season when averaging more than 28 minutes per game: 50 (60.9%)

You can speculate on his production all day but with his injury track record and the types of injuries sustained we need to be aware of what's to come if he's a Raptor. When he plays over 28 minutes a game he misses 40% of the season. That's scary, hence 60 cents on the dollar. My comment can be justified in terms of games played alone without going into skills or talent.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Andrew Bynum
              Average games played per season: 55.6 (67.8%)
              Average games player per season when averaging more than 28 minutes per game: 50 (60.9%)

You can speculate on his production all day but with his injury track record and the types of injuries sustained we need to be aware of what's to come if he's a Raptor. When he plays over 28 minutes a game he misses 40% of the season. That's scary, hence 60 cents on the dollar. My comment can be justified in terms of games played alone without going into skills or talent.
              One of my best friends is a die-hard Lakers fan (he's been one since we've been 7), and when I asked him about the rumours about half an hour ago, he didn't even hesitate when he talked about doing a Bosh for Bynum deal. He would do it in a nano-second. Bosh is a deadly talent, one of the best big men in the game and would make the Lakers pretty much unstoppable. He loves the talent that Bynum has, but it seems like the kid is either A: always injured or B: constantly needs a kick in the pants to get him going. But there's no denying that when he's on, he's unstoppable. If it means trading Bosh to west, I do it without giving it a second thought. Trading him in-conference would be horrible.

Comment

He's had two seasons marred by injures, played 82 games his second season and 65 this season. Bosh played five more games than him this season, he's not like Oden where you cringe every time he leaves the ground. He's a 23 year old center still coming into his body. He's four years away from his prime and like most young centers has had a difficult physical adjustment going from high school to the pro's.

It's a sizable risk for sure, but i'd rather risk 5 years of Bynum than 5 more years of Bosh. Whose to say Bosh and his wonky knee and freakish face collisions will be any safer than Bynum's awkward gawk down the court.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                  Call me crazy, but I think Lee would be a perfect fit... "rebounding-wise" only. He'd be the only player on the team to actually want to rebound. Everyone else usually watches Bosh grab the rebound. Ah, now I'm really getting irritated at that thought (of everyone else watching Bosh).
                  you are crazy. hahaha

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    One of my best friends is a die-hard Lakers fan (he's been one since we've been 7), and when I asked him about the rumours about half an hour ago, he didn't even hesitate when he talked about doing a Bosh for Bynum deal. He would do it in a nano-second. Bosh is a deadly talent, one of the best big men in the game and would make the Lakers pretty much unstoppable. He loves the talent that Bynum has, but it seems like the kid is either A: always injured or B: constantly needs a kick in the pants to get him going. But there's no denying that when he's on, he's unstoppable. If it means trading Bosh to west, I do it without giving it a second thought. Trading him in-conference would be horrible.
                    no doubt, right now, bosh is better than bynum statistics wise. and what youre getting in bosh is a seasoned veteran, who already knows how to handle losses and the gruelling grind of an 82 game season. But Bynum definitely has the potential to be much more than what he is right now. The guy averaged 16pts, 8rebs and almost 2 blks this season, and that being "technically" the 5th option (kobe, pau, artest, odom then him). I say technically because more often than not, the ball goes through artest or odom first then him. And Bynum is a much better fit for the raps. WE NEED A CENTER people! Bargs was never, nor will ever be a center. Injuries are non-predictable in the NBA, even CB had his fair share of injuries. Unless youre dealing with Greg Oden, injuries i think should not be considered much in getting the right players.

Id do the trade. And the upside to it is, if Bynum goes VC-like on us, he is very tradeable. A 23 yr old 7'2 player is quite a commodity in the NBA. we will have no problem in trading him. You think BC is hanging on to Bargs because he likes him as a player??? I think he is frustrated with him as much as we all are, but unlike us, he's getting calls from the 29 other GMs trying to pry Bargs out of his hands. Thats why he's never ever trading him, because he is something that all the other GMs want. Trust me, if you can get a 7 footer on your team who can dribble penetrate, shoot 3s, post up, youd get this player in an instant.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Apr 29, 2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      no doubt, right now, bosh is better than bynum statistics wise. and what youre getting in bosh is a seasoned veteran, who already knows how to handle losses and the gruelling grind of an 82 game season. But Bynum definitely has the potential to be much more than what he is right now. The guy averaged 16pts, 8rebs and almost 2 blks this season, and that being "technically" the 5th option (kobe, pau, artest, odom then him). I say technically because more often than not, the ball goes through artest or odom first then him. And Bynum is a much better fit for the raps. WE NEED A CENTER people! Bargs was never, nor will ever be a center. Injuries are non-predictable in the NBA, even CB had his fair share of injuries. Unless youre dealing with Greg Oden, injuries i think should not be considered much in getting the right players.

Id do the trade. And the upside to it is, if Bynum goes VC-like on us, he is very tradeable. A 23 yr old 7'2 player is quite a commodity in the NBA. we will have no problem in trading him.
                      I agree with you brother, I'd definitely do that deal, simply because the potential and the value is probably better than any other deal we'd get. And Bynum would be an all-star next year, seeing the lack of true 5's in the east, which might soothe the fairweather fans.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                        It's not just Bynum's injury history that worries me, it's his motivation. Toronto doesn't have Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, and Pau Gasol to be on Bynum's ass all the time to develop a player. Does he have enough self-motivation to continue progressing? I doubt we'd have seen Bynum develop so quickly if he were on another team.
                        Kareem was Bynum's personal coach for 3 years or maybe 4. That is how he was able to develop an good game on offense.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Man, if the Lakers get Bosh, then whats the point in playing? They would be the most complete lineup, Gasol, Bosh, Artest, Kobe, Fisher. Every spot is filled with the perfect player.

Id only give up Bosh if they take Calderon's contract, which would probably work since they need a PG who is pass-first, and can open the floor with 3's. They'd also make Gasol happy since theyre bringing in another spaniard to play with him. We'd probably get Bynum, Vujacic and Brown. This way, we get a young center beside Bargs, the expiring contract of Vujacic and a combo guard to play alongside weems and DD. I mean were not going to be outright contender's but it would be some good youth players to build on.
                          Fisher is old and finished. Westbrook treated him like Westbrooks personal beetch. Before game #5 Kobe went to Jackson and said I want Westbrook. The difference was clearly noticeable in Westbrook's game with Kobe guarding him vs Fisher.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Could you imagine next year's slam dunk competition with Weems, DeRozan and Brown, all from the same team? At least the practices would be exciting.
                            This was of course before he got heavier and older

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

Bynum's biggest problem other than his injuries woes is that he doesn't mesh with Gasol on the court. He thinks he should be the go to guy on the lakers and instead he's third fiddle at best. They won last year without him and I think he wants his own to team to prove that he can be the man. He's being under utilized and its affecting his game play.

This trade would catapult the raps to upper echelon of the East. Turk would get his Dwight back, Bargs would flourish on both sides of the ball and even poor Jose wouldn't be the sacrificial lamb on defense any more.

If the Lakers want to make this trade, the raptors should do it regardless of whether Bosh wants to stay or not. Bynum is what Oden is supposed to be, once he puts it together the league better take notice. He is the home run that BC has been swinging at for over four years, big risk, big reward.
                              That must have been some really good stuff you were enjoying while writing the above. Heh if it works for you stay with it.

Comment

I hope this is true, throw in Bargs and bring in Odom to this Package whatever it is and it would be perfect, Raps would be able to go after some other free agents (Joe Johnson). Odom and Bynum is already way better defensively than Bargs and Bynum .
                                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                                X