We're going to lose Norm next summer in RFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He's young, with tons of athleticism, is solid on both ends of the court, and is coachable. He's a diamond in the rough. We'll be paying for "potential", much like DeRozan's first extension.

Norm probably should be starting over Carroll this year.
    We could sign Jason Kapono out of retirement and he'd be a better option than Carroll, so yeah.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      We could sign Jason Kapono out of retirement and he'd be a better option than Carroll, so yeah.
      Or even Rasual Butler. That guys due to hit a three one of these decades right?

Comment

i guess we cut some salary with DC[s move we can now afford norm.I am sure if norm gets an opportunity and shines there will be additional salary reduction moves to be made if necessary.

Comment

I would think that Masai is trying to work out an extension as we speak, rather than let him go to RFA .. that's usually his style. Wonder what the number is ...

What would you guys be comfortable extending Norm at if we signed it this summer?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            I would think that Masai is trying to work out an extension as we speak, rather than let him go to RFA .. that's usually his style. Wonder what the number is ...

What would you guys be comfortable extending Norm at if we signed it this summer?
            4/40

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
              LOL C'mon man ... that's just mean.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                4/40
                Ya, I was thinking 10 per as well at first, but Norm could probably get more than that on the open market if he decided to bet on himself and ride out the contract. And I would think it'd need to be at least somewhere in the range of the deal we signed TRoss to a couple years back.

Comment

Yea I think that's the max extension he can be offered in the short term. Or he could choose to wait and see if he gets more.
                  If norm would sign 4/40 I'm all for it right away.
                  2018 is shaping up to be interesting tho----not a lot of teams w money.

Comment

Yea I think that's the max extension he can be offered in the short term. Or he could choose to wait and see if he gets more.
                    If norm would sign 4/40 I'm all for it right away.
                    2018 is shaping up to be interesting tho----not a lot of teams w money.
                    Ah yes, just finished reading the whole thread ... so I guess 10 per is all we can offer.. Interesting. So ya, Norm is definitely going to RFE.. unless his agent sucks at his job. Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Ah yes, just finished reading the whole thread ... so I guess 10 per is all we can offer.. Interesting. So ya, Norm is definitely going to RFE.. unless his agent sucks at his job. Lol
                      I think you're probably right. It's an interesting decision from Norm's standpoint.
                      The last 3 years he's probably made $3 mill. There's no calculations to this, but let's say he lost a mill to tax and spent a mill on living, and stuff. Maybe he's got a couple hundred grand in the bank. Dunno.

You're 24 years old and someone says "do you want a guaranteed $40 mill?" Do you take it or do you wait and bet on yourself?
                      Norm has seen Jared Sullinger fall off a cliff. To paraphrase Zac Lowe, he saw Patrick Patterson watch his inferior back court buddy Bismarck biyombo sign for 17 per year, only for him to get less than that COMBINED over 3 years.

Dunno man....it's hard to say no to 40 mill guaranteed. The early reports again are that only a few teams have cap room next summer and shit might be tight. Brooklyn has mosgov and Carroll on the books and not in a situation to offer a Tyler Johnson or Tim Hardaway Jr contract. A lot of teams w space are saving for Paul George or Lebron.
                      If I'm a 24 year old with a couple hundred grand in the bank I'd think long and hard before saying no to $40 mill.
                      Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Tue Jul 11, 2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Nah. They'll move one big contract this summer to duck the tax and another next summer to make room for Norm.
                        And won't he also be subject to Gilbert Arenas Rule?

Comment

...If I'm a 24 year old with a couple hundred grand in the bank I'd think long and hard before saying no to $40 mill.
                          And a chance to cash in big time if you improve through those four years.

Comment

I think you're probably right. It's an interesting decision from Norm's standpoint.
                            The last 3 years he's probably made $3 mill. There's no calculations to this, but let's say he lost a mill to tax and spent a mill on living, and stuff. Maybe he's got a couple hundred grand in the bank. Dunno.

You're 24 years old and someone says "do you want a guaranteed $40 mill?" Do you take it or do you wait and bet on yourself?
                            Norm has seen Jared Sullinger fall off a cliff. To paraphrase Zac Lowe, he saw Patrick Patterson watch his inferior back court buddy Bismarck biyombo sign for 17 per year, only for him to get less than that COMBINED over 3 years.

Dunno man....it's hard to say no to 40 mill guaranteed. The early reports again are that only a few teams have cap room next summer and shit might be tight. Brooklyn has mosgov and Carroll on the books and not in a situation to offer a Tyler Johnson or Tim Hardaway Jr contract. A lot of teams w space are saving for Paul George or Lebron.
                            If I'm a 24 year old with a couple hundred grand in the bank I'd think long and hard before saying no to $40 mill.
                            Yes the market has tightened up since last summer's capsplosion (unless you're Tim Hardaway Jr.), 4/40 seems pretty reasonable.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Odin wrote: View Post
                              And won't he also be subject to Gilbert Arenas Rule?
                              No, he would not.

Gilbert Arenas rule applies to players with Early Bird Rights (which limit what salary their team can offer them). Powell has full Bird Rights.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

4/52 is the max I'd give Powell at this point. (That's 13 million a year for those who hate doing math).
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X