Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I never understood wtf Wildling was talking about
    I quite liked him. He's still on the front page I think.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I quite liked him. He's still on the front page I think.
      The front page is a gathering of dolts ("unlike the refined RR forums of insightful gentlemen", he said somewhat tongue in cheek). It's somewhere between real gm and Facebook comments
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        Misinterpreted stats aside I never see Jakob box anybody out on the defensive end. he's really really good on the O-boards though.
        And they involve different tools with Jak. He's a great offensive rebounder because he tracks the ball well and is able to shoot for gaps where he isn't well boxed out. He is athletic and has good hands so all that makes him great on that end.

Unfortunately those tools are much less useful on the defensive glass where guys will do just that to him because he doesn't body them up well or at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The front page is a gathering of dolts ("unlike the refined RR forums of insightful gentlemen", he said somewhat tongue in cheek). It's somewhere between real gm and Facebook comments
          The best thing that happened to the comments sections on RR was that a bunch of the banned posters on here starting posting there...... That and they've really tried to clean out a lot of the really bad stuff that was in those threads. Some of it is still terrible but it's better overall than it was a couple years ago.

Comment

• We don't talk enough about just how athletic Jakob is. I had a pretty solid suspicion that his two-foot volleyball hops (we knew he was a very good one-foot leaper from some of his dunks) would start to display themselves as he got in better and better NBA-shape. Now we're seeing impressive displays on a nightly basis, with some of his blocks and dunks being downright filthy.

This is just a vid I found of the warmup routine he and Pascal go through:

The scary thing is he's still got a ways to go in terms of strength and the explosiveness that comes with it.

Comment

• Lke seriously just how good is Poetl...

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Lke seriously just how good is Poetl...
                I would say pretty good.. a poor man's really good. Nearly quite good. Ceiling is damn good.

Comment

• He's deceptively quick.

Has to learn how to shoot FT's though....

Comment

• I found Jacobs defense on Aldridge in the 2nd to be near perfect
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I also think that the fact that Delon and Jak played in college cant be discounted. They have years of chemistry.

Comment

• Wiggins may have taken Poeltl to the woodshed on multiple occasions, but I will always root for a guy willing to step in and contest a dunk - especially if he's at great risk of ending up on ESPN but he does it anyway. Guys stepping out of the way is lame. Once every so often you'll actually disrupt that shot. Three cheers for Poeltl making team plays.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Wiggins may have taken Poeltl to the woodshed on multiple occasions, but I will always root for a guy willing to step in and contest a dunk - especially if he's at great risk of ending up on ESPN but he does it anyway. Guys stepping out of the way is lame. Once every so often you'll actually disrupt that shot. Three cheers for Poeltl making team plays.
                          May poeltl just wanted to appear on espn for once. Heck- maybe they even said his name!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            May poeltl just wanted to appear on espn for once. Heck- maybe they even said his name!
                            They probably have a lot to say about Jakob Postal
                            OG is our king

Comment

• I hereby put forward that the next Raptors' GoDaddy ad (Itty Bitty Ballers, Pianoman Powell) be a short-film 'buddy' cop movie starring Poeltl and Siakam.
                              Last edited by Ebonhawke; Tue Feb 27, 2018, 12:00 AM. Reason: Sorry, GoDaddy, not Amazon

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                I hereby put forward that the next Raptors' GoDaddy ad (Itty Bitty Ballers, Pianoman Powell) be a short-film 'buddy' cop movie starring Poeltl and Siakam.
                                I put forward -- absolutely effing not.

JV did one for them last year and had a terrible campaign that had everyone here wanting him shipped out. Thankfully that's passed.

Norm did one this year and inexplicably is the only Raptor having a terrible season.

NO MORE GO DADDY. Go eff yerself Daddy. Abandon the curse.

(with all due respect to your otherwise excellent suggestion Ebonhawke.)

Comment

Working...
                                X