No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poeltl was excellent. When the refs aren't calling silly fouls on him, he's a high impact defender.

Comment

• The Austrian Fundamental

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I'm glad your so impressed with a win over Chicago with only 8 players to play. JV didn't start the second half against Philly and we had our most productive Q of the season so far. The only reason we lost the last two games is cause he can't hit open 3s. That's why I would like.more shooting brought in.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Maybe we should explore what we could get for derozan, since he can't shoot the 3. Has a lot of value, and would free up a ton more cap space
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          This is because Poeltl can actually switch onto smaller guys. Did you watch the game? He was staying in front of Curry and KD on switches.
          I did. Curry and Durant were settling big time all night regardless of who was defending them. I don't remember the last time I saw GSW playing as sloppy/stupid as they have been to start this season. There were even times they'd start a move, get someone like Poeltl off balance, and yeah, settle for a bad jumper. They looked terrible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I did. Curry and Durant were settling big time all night regardless of who was defending them. I don't remember the last time I saw GSW playing as sloppy/stupid as they have been to start this season. There were even times they'd start a move, get someone like Poeltl off balance, and yeah, settle for a bad jumper. They looked terrible.

Ding ding ding we have a winner folks. The #1 reason we were in the game right here

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Maybe we should explore what we could get for derozan, since he can't shoot the 3. Has a lot of value, and would free up a ton more cap space
              Yeah, lets keep JV and trade our best player this year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lol #fakeloss.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Say Ibaka gets hurt....JV & JP would make for an interesting combo in the starting unit wouldn't they?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Say Ibaka gets hurt....JV & JP would make for an interesting combo in the starting unit wouldn't they?
                    Defensively? Sure. Poeltl has looked better than Ibaka, who has looked like all the age rumours are true.

Offensively? It would be tricky. We might have to put Miles in as well just to try and open things up.

Comment

• Here's an idea. Maybe we should keep both derozan and jv for now cuz they're both good players.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                        Here's an idea. Maybe we should keep both derozan and jv for now cuz they're both good players.
                        It's not a question of JV being good or not.

It's whether we can make the team better by moving him. If Poeltl is capable of similar production on the glass with a slight step back on defense, and we can move JV for an upgrade at another position where we could really do to get better (like small forward), then that makes sense.

Now just trading JV for the sake of it makes no sense, but to improve elsewhere it really could. We spent a 9th overall pick on Poeltl, he looks really good as a 2-way big and reminds me a lot of a young Bogut in some ways. It's not a crazy idea and it doesn't mean that I hate JV if I want to move him.

Comment

• double post.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            It's not a question of JV being good or not.

It's whether we can make the team better by moving him. If Poeltl is capable of similar production on the glass with a slight step back on defense, and we can move JV for an upgrade at another position where we could really do to get better (like small forward), then that makes sense.

Now just trading JV for the sake of it makes no sense, but to improve elsewhere it really could. We spent a 9th overall pick on Poeltl, he looks really good as a 2-way big and reminds me a lot of a young Bogut in some ways. It's not a crazy idea and it doesn't mean that I hate JV if I want to move him.
                            That's fine but how about we develop the kid a little bit before that. We have no idea how he'll respond to heavier minutes throughout a whole season especially when the scouting on him ramps up a bit. I think the first step which is currently being taken is him coming off the bench and seeing how well he can do through an entire season.

For a competitive team there's still a lot of evaluation to be done before you ship out your starting center and throw your young prospect into the fire. And honestly three games no matter how great he's looked (and he has looked great) is not enough.

Comment

• Poeltl very clearly makes JV expendable. That has always been the logical progression, but his play has pretty much confirmed it.

The thing is, JV's value is going to take time to rebuild. If he hadn't gotten injured I figured he'd be gone by the end of December, but now it feels like it'll probably take till the deadline. He should start till then, and Poeltl can continue to amass experience off the bench.

The one thing we will miss is JV's screens. Poeltl sets very soft, sloppy screens. His feet are always moving and it won't be long before the refs start calling it.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Poeltl very clearly makes JV expendable. That has always been the logical progression, but his play has pretty much confirmed it.

The thing is, JV's value is going to take time to rebuild. If he hadn't gotten injured I figured he'd be gone by the end of December, but now it feels like it'll probably take till the deadline. He should start till then, and Poeltl can continue to amass experience off the bench.

The one thing we will miss is JV's screens. Poeltl sets very soft, sloppy screens. His feet are always moving and it won't be long before the refs start calling it.
                                #4gameDeclarations

Comment

Working...
                                X