No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Chr1s1anL;762726]If you look deep enough. You can find a stat to fit any narritive. Eye test is still the best way to judge a player.

Sent from my LG

Assuming you have a deep understanding of the game, it's strategy, it's tactics and the required skill sets. You must also be extremely objective and not allow biases based on team affiliation or other emotional connections sway your judgment. Aside from those minor qualifications, I would agree with you 100%.

Comment

[QUOTE=Puffer;762773]
      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If you look deep enough. You can find a stat to fit any narritive. Eye test is still the best way to judge a player.

Sent from my LG

Assuming you have a deep understanding of the game, it's strategy, it's tactics and the required skill sets. You must also be extremely objective and not allow biases based on team affiliation or other emotional connections sway your judgment. Aside from those minor qualifications, I would agree with you 100%.
      I remember a poster here a couple of years ago complaining that Hansbro never boxed out his man. Within a couple of days there was a Vantage Sports article ( company that broke down game film) about how the only reason Hansbro was even competent at C was that he almost always boxed out.

Yeah, most people see what they want to see and disregard the rest. And they don't need stats. And their opinions are basically meaningless.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Take a look at those pits.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

You don't need stats to tell you that Yak has a better feel for the game than JV. You can just tell by watching them play.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          JV, Casey, Derozan...you gotta fuck one kill one and marry one...oh this is too easy for you
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            JV, Casey, Derozan...you gotta fuck one kill one and marry one...oh this is too easy for you
            How old are you?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lol

Comment

If you look deep enough. You can find a stat to fit any narritive. Eye test is still the best way to judge a player.

Find me a stat that says Andrea Bargnani was a great rebounder for his size.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Possible if you restrict yourself to a 13 game sample

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    There's a deep metaphorical connection between your comment and your avatar, but I can't quite put it into words.
                    Perceptive!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Possible if you restrict yourself to a 13 game sample
                      Also possible if you categorize "his size" as "bigger than a breadbox"

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        If you include potential non-human animals and statues of that size; you could probably do it.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          If you include potential non-human animals and statues of that size; you could probably do it.
                          I'd trust the statue to rebound better than Bargnani.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post

Take a look at those pits.
                            Aww look at these two, bffs already.

Comment

This guy is the real deal.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobask...land-got-wins/

Austria has not qualified to the Eurobasket, but with Poeltl being part of the team that may change in the future. The young center had 22 points and 9 rebounds on 10/12 shots in 24 minutes of action.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X