Vigilante justice I witnessed in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    He should never have been charged with murder though. Invaders should've been charged with murder of their 'friend'!! It doesn't matter that he used illegal weapon. I wonder how would police officer react to violent invasion?

These days you can't even defend your own family or home. Criminals lives matter? Ffs.
    i agree murder, even 2nd degree is a bit much. manslaughter would have been better, in my opinion, but i see the charges as police doing due diligence. if he gets to court, we get upset, and if he is convicted we scream and yell at the government.

i think charging accomplices with the murder of their co-conspirators means they stay and shoot it out because it is better to make sure everyone is dead and hopefully get away, than to get away and still get pegged for murder.

Comment

This wasn't vigilante justice though. To me it sounds like a case of people breaking in, armed, masked and clearly dangerous. The home owner then defended himself which unfortunately led to the intruder dying. I'm curious why they sought prosecution for second degree murder? Was it because they knew each other? Was it because a lethal weapon was used in self defense? Or was it both or something else?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        This wasn't vigilante justice though. To me it sounds like a case of people breaking in, armed, masked and clearly dangerous. The home owner then defended himself which unfortunately led to the intruder dying. I'm curious why they sought prosecution for second degree murder? Was it because they knew each other? Was it because a lethal weapon was used in self defense? Or was it both or something else?
        Murder charge was bogus imo. Our judges will always give you a benefit of the doubt if you kill intruder.

From Criminal Code Section 40: "everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority"

I understand illegal weapon charge, but murder.. It doesn't make any sense to me. Victim's house was invaded by three armed and masked criminals. Jeez.
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Oct 13, 2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X