No announcement yet.

Nike's new NBA jerseys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a “City” jersey this is dumbass. How is the North in any way related to the city of Toronto, being the southern most major city in Canada? Another blatant marketing ploy to overextend the wethenorth brand and get all of Canada to buy more jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"City" jersey or Drake jersey? didn't know Toronto's main colors is black and gold?

Also, what's up with the "North"? Toronto is not really the most northern city in the NBA. They know this right?

Grade - F
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        "City" jersey or Drake jersey? didn't know Toronto's main colors is black and gold?

Also, what's up with the "North"? Toronto is not really the most northern city in the NBA. They know this right?

Grade - F
        MLSE is just trying force feed this North branding crap anywhere and everywhere it can. #WeTheNorth was a brilliant marketing campaign. They created an iconic, rallying anthem that united Canadian basketball fans with pride. Stop patting yourselves on the back. Move on.

North has absolutely no place as a City jersey. They're trying way too hard to ram North down our throats in places where it just doesn't fit. I mean T-Dot or even The Six, would have made a lot more sense as City jersey.

Comment

Not all of the City jerseys have the City name on them though. It's just a lame naming thing from Nike. It's just another alternate.

I did think they'd go with the 6ix or something though, as alot of the Jerseys go with the City Nickname.

I do really like the Black and Gold still. And use of the Chevron again is interesting.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            MLSE is just trying force feed this North branding crap anywhere and everywhere it can. #WeTheNorth was a brilliant marketing campaign. They created an iconic, rallying anthem that united Canadian basketball fans with pride. Stop patting yourselves on the back. Move on.

North has absolutely no place as a City jersey. They're trying way too hard to ram North down our throats in places where it just doesn't fit. I mean T-Dot or even The Six, would have made a lot more sense as City jersey.
            The name should be The Six or just Toronto. And the color scheme should be blue and white just like the Blue Jays and the hockey team.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Looks way better with the gold trim

Comment

I think the votes so far are at least 9-1 in the negative.
                The North is stupid, the 6 or whatever is as well but to a lesser extent. The chevron or arrow or whatever that's supposed to be is pointless.....see what I did there?

The gold makes no sense either. The entire exercise is a giant pass for me.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  For a “City” jersey this is dumbass. How is the North in any way related to the city of Toronto, being the southern most major city in Canada? Another blatant marketing ploy to overextend the wethenorth brand and get all of Canada to buy more jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  TRex wrote: View Post

Grade - F
                  G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I think the votes so far are at least 9-1 in the negative.
                  The North is stupid, the 6 or whatever is as well but to a lesser extent. The chevron or arrow or whatever that's supposed to be is pointless.....see what I did there?

The gold makes no sense either. The entire exercise is a giant pass for me.
                  Few things reliable in this world...death, taxes, and people complaining about new jerseys/logos
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Few things reliable in this world...death, taxes, and people complaining about new jerseys/logos
                    Could've and should've kept the claw forever. It was perfect.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Could've and should've kept the claw forever. It was perfect.
                      So you're saying youd like to see The Claw..Reborn?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm still not a fan of the colors and the "North" but this is better than the blue and white Huskies last year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                        X