No announcement yet.

Nike's new NBA jerseys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. I just think they're the top 5 best looking jerseys in the league.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Celtics
      Lakers
      Bulls
      Knicks
      Warriors

Top 10 for sure.
      I'm just thinking overall. Home & Away plus Huskey, OVO and Chinese New Years. Much more options and all are dope imo
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

come on now

Comment

No shame on being homer on this

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

come on now
            I love the huskies. I would absolutely support a rebrand to go full huskies. I know a lot of you would hate it but they look great and a raptor is a pretty lame mascot/ team name.

Comment

The Kings new jerseys are hot!!

I wonder if the Raptors would bring the dino jerseys back next year?

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/...17-2018-season

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/1...e-new-uniforms
              I actually think the SAC jerseys are still ugly as hell.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                I love the huskies. I would absolutely support a rebrand to go full huskies. I know a lot of you would hate it but they look great and a raptor is a pretty lame mascot/ team name.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Aren't all mascots lame?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Aren't all mascots lame?
                    Not according to KeonClark. Or Zach Lowe:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...eat-performer/

But the popularity of the inflatable Raptor has almost overshadowed the regular Raptor and all the brilliant stuff that guy does all over the floor. The Raptor is manic. He is a whirlwind of activity. My wife barely even watches games when we go together; she cannot take her eyes off the Raptor. Fans mostly pay attention to mascots when they have center stage, and the Raptor is fantastic at that stuff. He’s athletic, he can dance, he’s funny, and his video skits are high comedy — the perfect mix of levity and a type of violence, mostly directed at opposing “fan” characters, that is edgy without being threatening or uncomfortable. In one game against Miami last season, the big scoreboard played a skit in which the Raptor, walking around Toronto, came across a “Heat fan” playing Queen’s “We Are the Champions” on a boom box. Cut to the Raptor finding an aluminum baseball bat and smashing the boom box. Next skit: The Raptor is in yoga class, hilarious on its own, since a large dinosaur performing downward dog next to a bunch of young women in yoga clothes, everyone acting as if this is perfectly normal, is a great joke by itself. But lo and behold, the same Heat fan, wearing a Dwyane Wade jersey, happened to be in the Raptor’s yoga class, and he was one of those annoying grunters. Cut to the Raptor tossing a giant yoga ball, quite hard, flush in the guy’s face. Brilliant. And by the way: Mascots generally write and conceptualize all these skits on their own, with some help from an assistant. They are writer, director, and editor in lots of cases. If the skit fails, it’s on them, and them alone.

But the Raptor is just as good when the game is on center stage, leaving him to mill around the court and the crowd. That’s really where the magic happens for the best mascots. Oh, hey, there’s the Raptor clowning a security guard along the baseline, just trying to get the stone-faced guy to laugh. Oh, wait, he’s leaving to go taunt an opposing fan, and maybe to “accidentally” knock that fan with his tail on his way to the next interaction. Wait, hold on: Is he actually going to stand up along that wall in front of the first row of seats, use it as a balance beam, and attempt a freaking cartwheel on top of it? Yes. Yes, he is, just to entertain fans who might spot the stunt during game action.

Oh, now he’s approaching an unsuspecting fan from behind, trying to “bite” at his arm with giant dinosaur jaws, or maybe just stare at the guy’s head until he turns around, terrified to find Raptor inches from his face. Once that’s over, maybe the Raptor will stand in a fan’s way as the fan tries to return to his seat, and shift left and right as the fan tries to get around him. From there, it’s on to hugging people, entertaining kids, trying to eat a garbage can, or maybe swiping a bit of someone’s popcorn, before the next timeout requires a skit or a dance.

Comment

I also like the huskies jerseys but I do think the husky as a mascot is too overused and generic. I like keeping them as an alternate jersey/logo though.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                        I also like the huskies jerseys but I do think the husky as a mascot is too overused and generic. I like keeping them as an alternate jersey/logo though.
                        Exactly. I like that we're the "raptors". We've made it our own, it's not really associated with a 1994 movie anymore. Vince Carter made it a household name, it's still the coolest dinosaur, and also any predatory bird.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Exactly. I like that we're the "raptors". We've made it our own, it's not really associated with a 1994 movie anymore. Vince Carter made it a household name, it's still the coolest dinosaur, and also any predatory bird.
                          Yeah and maybe I am biased because I was a kid when the raps franchise first got established and maybe the whole Jurassic park thing did help to draw me in a little. But I think it's matured very well particularly through this most recent rebrand. I do remember thinking though a few years ago that I would be on board with a huskies rebrand, but winning cures everything I guess.

Comment

There's so many Huskies name in sports. Raptors on the other hand = unique. I love it.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Best jersey in the NBA hands down.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

There's so many Huskies name in sports. Raptors on the other hand = unique. I love it.
                                Dinosaurs are the greatest!

Plus I'm not changing my goddamn name to Scrusky

Comment

Working...
                                X