No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The "taking a lot and missing" was part of the process. Ideally, short term pain for long term gain
      Don't think no one has noticed your avatar, you sneaky little devil.

Comment

• Final installment of the Pickup Games video highlights. Connors correctly (I think) opines "...expect some sort of leap from Siakam this season. He’s attended 75% of the Rico Hines’ runs this summer and seemed to improve with each appearance. There are very few holes left in his game." Can't argue with this as far as the highlight videos go. Three point shot? Check. Ball handling in traffic? Check. Using left and right hand at the basket? Check. Bullet point passes on drive and kicks? Check. Hustle? Well, I don't have to answer this one, but Triple Check.

Expecting big things this season..

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Final installment of the Pickup Games video highlights. Connors correctly (I think) opines "...expect some sort of leap from Siakam this season. He’s attended 75% of the Rico Hines’ runs this summer and seemed to improve with each appearance. There are very few holes left in his game." Can't argue with this as far as the highlight videos go. Three point shot? Check. Ball handling in traffic? Check. Using left and right hand at the basket? Check. Bullet point passes on drive and kicks? Check. Hustle? Well, I don't have to answer this one, but Triple Check.

Expecting big things this season..
          I didn't see all the videos, but I saw a couple with Siakam and wasn't that encouraged. I expect him to have improved, but I have a lot of questions as to the nature of his offence. Seemed like there was a lot of ball handling and drives to the basket which are good....but isn't the role I was expecting of him. Conversely, the videos I saw of OG spotting up for open 3's, making nice passes or of FVV facilitating, spotting up for 3's were sort of what I was expecting them to be working on over the summer.

Great either way to see Pascal working on his game. It just didn't seem to be focused in the areas I thought they would be. Maybe that's a Casey role card hangover for me LOL.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I didn't see all the videos, but I saw a couple with Siakam and wasn't that encouraged. I expect him to have improved, but I have a lot of questions as to the nature of his offence. Seemed like there was a lot of ball handling and drives to the basket which are good....but isn't the role I was expecting of him. Conversely, the videos I saw of OG spotting up for open 3's, making nice passes or of FVV facilitating, spotting up for 3's were sort of what I was expecting them to be working on over the summer.

Great either way to see Pascal working on his game. It just didn't seem to be focused in the areas I thought they would be. Maybe that's a Casey role card hangover for me LOL.
            I watched all 4 volumes of the pickup games series for this summer. Lots of Pascal shooting threes and also some of him making a few passes. When you haven't scouted a team and don't have specific strategies and the players change pretty regularly, you are not going to see anybody in their normal role/game routine. What I saw was Pascal reacting to what he was given and it looked pretty good. And as Connors mentioned in his article on the front page, Siakim looked like he improved as the games went on.

Comment

• Everything Pascal Siakam

Pascal is a pseudo point forward. His value is in his ability to make plays as a big. He’s a great passer and a pretty decent blow by guy that can finish inside. If he can become a threat off the ball that makes him into a clear starter with all star potential. But he’s has to stay true to who he is, and that’s a variation of a point forward. Think a more athletic Boris Diaw. Boris was really good even when he was fat.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Pascal is a pseudo point forward. His value is in his ability to make plays as a big. He’s a great passer and a pretty decent blow by guy that can finish inside. If he can become a threat off the ball that makes him into a clear starter with all star potential. But he’s has to stay true to who he is, and that’s a variation of a point forward. Think a more athletic Boris Diaw. Boris was really good even when he was fat.
                Diaw almost got better with weight. Made it impossible for other small forwards to move him out of the low block.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Diaw almost got better with weight. Made it impossible for other small forwards to move him out of the low block.
                  Yeah, that's the biggest issue with Siakam. He's not strong enough to guard traditional PFs on the block, but if he bulks up that might hurt his biggest strength - quickness and energy. Diaw and Draymond were/are strong enough to guard centers - so that's a huge difference when people start comparing him to those guys. You're only a mismatch, if you can guard that position.

Comment

• Guarding people 'on the block' isn't much of a big deal these days. It's on the glass where strength and bulk can make you pay.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Guarding people 'on the block' isn't much of a big deal these days. It's on the glass where strength and bulk can make you pay.
                      Tell that to CJ Miles when he had to guard Kevin Love in the playoffs. In most situations, sure, the post usually doesn't drive the big decisions in a game. But it's still very possible to generate a game-changing mismatch in the post.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Tell that to CJ Miles when he had to guard Kevin Love in the playoffs. In most situations, sure, the post usually doesn't drive the big decisions in a game. But it's still very possible to generate a game-changing mismatch in the post.
                        Ha, fair enough.

Comment

• CJ effing Miles should never be put in a position where he has to repeatedly guard bigs on the block.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, that's the biggest issue with Siakam. He's not strong enough to guard traditional PFs on the block, but if he bulks up that might hurt his biggest strength - quickness and energy. Diaw and Draymond were/are strong enough to guard centers - so that's a huge difference when people start comparing him to those guys. You're only a mismatch, if you can guard that position.
                            SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Guarding people 'on the block' isn't much of a big deal these days. It's on the glass where strength and bulk can make you pay.
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            All of you guys bring up really good points in regards to Siakam.

Siakam, a couple years back, would've been the ideal small forward: 6'9, quick, long, can handle and attack the rim. Defensively, has the length and the quickness to keep up with all kinds of wings (not named LeBron James).

Today, he's the perfect forward that can play the 3, 4, and/or the 5.

He's not strong enough to guard traditional fours, but, off the top of my head, I can't think of an elite post-player at that position in today's game; Blake Griffin, maybe? Kevin Love?

However, Siakam does have the length, the quickness, and has the perception defensively.

What Siakam lacks for size, makes up for it with the other elite parts of his athleticism and motor -- he's a big duty Ram picking up the sanitation and won't stop.

... and to be fair, CJ Miles guarding Love for an extended period of time was just pure stupidity. I still don't understand why that wasn't addresses when it was exploited like, 17 straight possessions lol
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              ... and to be fair, CJ Miles guarding Love for an extended period of time was just pure stupidity. I still don't understand why that wasn't addresses when it was exploited like, 17 straight possessions lol
                              It was addressed. Unfortunately the playoffs were over by then.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                It was addressed. Unfortunately the playoffs were over by then.
                                Ha, correct, sir.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X