• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    There was this game in 1996.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...603180TOR.html

and less than a month later

https://www.basketball-reference.com...604120BOS.html

Hard to believe, but we lost both games.
    All those rosters are gross. That's some miserable basketball right there.

Remember when bad teams used to have a pile of crappy vets instead of at least developing some prospects?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      All those rosters are gross. That's some miserable basketball right there.

Remember when bad teams used to have a pile of crappy vets instead of at least developing some prospects?
      Lmao some of those players

Dan O'Sullivan? Isnt he 5'6 white guy that does a show with jay onrait

Vincenzo Esposito? Players 30 career nba games for your Toronto Raptors then opened a pasta restaurant
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Extension this summer huh.. wonder what he'll make? Does Pascal get the max?

Comment

• I-can't-remember-who asked for a comparison of a raw late 1st round pick who turned into something special. The only guess I saw posted was Jimmy Butler, but I think the guy he was thinking of was Rudy Gobert.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I-can't-remember-who asked for a comparison of a raw late 1st round pick who turned into something special. The only guess I saw posted was Jimmy Butler, but I think the guy he was thinking of was Rudy Gobert.
            Tony Parker
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I-can't-remember-who asked for a comparison of a raw late 1st round pick who turned into something special. The only guess I saw posted was Jimmy Butler, but I think the guy he was thinking of was Rudy Gobert.
              Jokic is the other example you can use. He was a second rounder though.

Draymond Green is another.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Jokic is the other example you can use. He was a second rounder though.

Draymond Green is another.
                The Draymond green comparison was everywhere but we were way off. Pascal is a bit overrated as a playmaker right now. Hes basically a pure scorer, and a 1 on 1 scorer. His handles still make me go wooooah and not in a good way lol. But damn he can score.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2...raptors-future

Pascal Siakam Isn’t the MVP Right Now, but He Might Be in a Few Years

The forward has been the Toronto Raptors’ ace in the hole and could be the face of the franchise’s future
                  So if Kawhi leaves summer then what? can the Raptors really build their team around SiakamÉ
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• But the question did say raw. Most of those guys were fairly polished when they arrived. Their 1st year, all Gobert could do was block shots and Pascal run.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The Draymond green comparison was everywhere but we were way off. Pascal is a bit overrated as a playmaker right now. Hes basically a pure scorer, and a 1 on 1 scorer. His handles still make me go wooooah and not in a good way lol. But damn he can score.
                      Yeah still has a ways till his skill is at the level of his athleticism, speed, hussel etc. Sky is the limit for this guy. I was skeptical that the Rico Hines summer ball was anything more than hype, but boy was I wrong.

Comment

But the question did say raw. Most of those guys were fairly polished when they arrived. Their 1st year, all Gobert could do was block shots and Pascal run.
                        I was angling for two specific answers actually cause I was looking for comps where a guy had almost no basketball pedigree and was pretty unheralded out of the draft.

Jimmy Butler, who lacked much pedigree coming out of college and wasn't projected as much of a pro. And................... Dennis Rodman. Who really only started playing ball after high school, went NAIA and was as second round pick.

There are other names, for sure, but it's the lack of basketball pedigree that stands out. Siakam has really only been playing ball for 6-7 years. So, when we wonder if he has room to grow, yeah, he's got lots....

Comment

Extension this summer huh.. wonder what he'll make? Does Pascal get the max?
                          i think he's probably worth a max extension given his trajectory. it might even be a bargain in a couple years. it's the third contract max deals teams need to be really wary of giving out as they are pretty much the worst deals in the league if it's not to a true super duper star (ie. whoever gives butler a max this summer)

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                            i think he's probably worth a max extension given his trajectory. it might even be a bargain in a couple years. it's the third contract max deals teams need to be really wary of giving out as they are pretty much the worst deals in the league if it's not to a true super duper star (ie. whoever gives butler a max this summer)
                            Might be able to get him at home town discount even on this contract extension. Not sure who his agent is.. but if we can get him for a value contract that could be a great asset going forward. I don't think he's quite max worthy yet (didn't make the ASG for example) so that could be a good thing (for the team, not him).

Maybe something like $80M/4 years?

Comment

Might be able to get him at home town discount even on this contract extension. Not sure who his agent is.. but if we can get him for a value contract that could be a great asset going forward. I don't think he's quite max worthy yet (didn't make the ASG for example) so that could be a good thing (for the team, not him).

Maybe something like $80M/4 years?
                              that would be a no brainer, but i think if his agent asks for the max you give it to him. if the cap continues to rise and he continues to improve it will still be a value contract and incredible asset.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                that would be a no brainer, but i think if his agent asks for the max you give it to him. if the cap continues to rise and he continues to improve it will still be a value contract and incredible asset.
                                Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.

Comment

Working...
                                X