Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    So if Kawhi leaves summer then what? can the Raptors really build their team around SiakamÉ
    We would also need OG to take a step in the right direction - similar to when Siakam went from 2nd year to this year. Funny enough, I thought Siakam also dipped in production in his 2nd year, but has obviously exploded this year (3rd year). If OG follows suit - this team is golden.

To answer your question: Yes, but we need some other good players. Hes no Lebron. He can't take a Cavs team and lead them to the finals.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      I-can't-remember-who asked for a comparison of a raw late 1st round pick who turned into something special. The only guess I saw posted was Jimmy Butler, but I think the guy he was thinking of was Rudy Gobert.
      First name that popped into my head as a player drafted late but went onto make a name for himself was Gilbert Arenas.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.
        If Kawhi stays, you can hunt for a max contract to add to Kawhi, Siakam and OG in summer 2020. IF you don't give Siakam an extension, and keep his low cap hold on the books. THEN max him out in free agency after getting that other star.

If Kawhi doesn't stay, and Siakam continues developing into a star that could attract some talent to play beside him, you could have room for TWO max contracts beside him and OG. Again, IF you don't extend him and give him the max in FA instead.

So, either way, the Raptors should be waiting for summer 2020 to give Siakam his raise, even if that means the max.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          If Kawhi stays, you can hunt for a max contract to add to Kawhi, Siakam and OG in summer 2020. IF you don't give Siakam an extension, and keep his low cap hold on the books. THEN max him out in free agency after getting that other star.

If Kawhi doesn't stay, and Siakam continues developing into a star that could attract some talent to play beside him, you could have room for TWO max contracts beside him and OG. Again, IF you don't extend him and give him the max in FA instead.

So, either way, the Raptors should be waiting for summer 2020 to give Siakam his raise, even if that means the max.
          The other benefit of waiting is we could use Siakam in a potential trade to get a star (assuming one is available). Once he gets his extension you pretty much have to wait 6 months or so before you can use him in a trade.

Comment

• Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?

Comment

Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.
              DanH wrote: View Post

right on. i guess i was just answering a question that wasn't asked, which is whether he's worth a rookie max extension.

yes i think he is, and i think it's a deal that might age well

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?
                Yes I think he would be this good if DeMar was still here but I don’t think he would be used the same way by Casey as he is being used by Nurse.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?
                  I dont think so. It was rare that we had anyone other then demar and kyle handle the ball or bring it up court with FVV being the exception. I think the biggest thing to his growth this year is the trust the team has for him to bring the ball up and create with it in his hands. Kyle was great last night the last 4 minutes of the game he made sure Pascal was the one creating and setting up the offese. I dont think he gets that much freedom with demar here. But maybe he does it could be as simple as nick trusting him but you still have to look off 2 all stars who are used to running the team. Kyles willingness to let siakam run the team for streches has been insturmental to his growth along with nick trusting him. Demar still being here adds another hurdle to let that happen. He may have improved but not at the rate we are seeing right now
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

The other benefit of waiting is we could use Siakam in a potential trade to get a star (assuming one is available). Once he gets his extension you pretty much have to wait 6 months or so before you can use him in a trade.
                    Trade him...what level of star would have to be available? AD? Pascal is pretty much a star now and likely to get much better. A little more control on his drives and a decent jumshot and he's basically all-nba material. I dont think masai wants to move this kid.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      Trade him...what level of star would have to be available? AD? Pascal is pretty much a star now and likely to get much better. A little more control on his drives and a decent jumshot and he's basically all-nba material. I dont think masai wants to move this kid.
                      Pascal is a Raptor for life. Masai will never shop him or initiate any trade involving him for the foreseeable future ...

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I don't think a star would be available but things move so fast in the NBA. Who would have thought we'd have Kawhi for example? But if I had to come up with an example or two.... let's say KD ends up in NY and that hates Dolan so much.. asks for a trade and we have Siakam to dangle.

Or Lebron just hates LA as they continue to suck.. and wants to play for a contender again.

You commit too him early and we lose the ability to move Pascal for the year. Just another reason to hold off on the extension, that's all.

Comment

• you guys think pascal can become a franchise player? possible, but me thinks more like an impact player like derozan..........in other words...tier 1.5-2

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Pascal is a Raptor for life. Masai will never shop him or initiate any trade involving him for the foreseeable future ...
                            That is right. Siakam's upside/growth potential is too high, even if he ends up not converting it fully, for him to be movable. The only scenario you'd remotely consider is if it's to lock in a top 10 player for 3+ years. And even then, Siakam himself might become said player when he's 27 or 28.

Comment

• "Theres NO doubt the raps could have done SO much better with this pick"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshben...ound-pick/amp/

27. Toronto Raptors: Pascal Siakam (PF, New Mexico State)

Just what Toronto was thinking with this pick with Deyonta Davis still on the board is a mystery. Pascal Siakam has talent, yes, but is not a strong athlete and even ESPN analysts were surprised that he went this high. GM Masai Ujiri must see something in him that others don’t, but there’s no doubt that the Raptors could have done so much better with this pick. Grade: D-
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                "Theres NO doubt the raps could have done SO much better with this pick"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshben...ound-pick/amp/
                                I remember the brain aneurysms when Masai didn't pick Skal.

Sacramento gave up on him and he hardly plays right now (Portland).
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X