Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Washington's lacking a LOT more than development system, though
    It's not their basketball skills, it's their frontal lobes that aren't developed correctly
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Great pick by Masai, but also great projection on his part to know Siakam could develop so much this summer. How easy would it have been to include Siakam in the Kawhi trade or some other trade which may have been available? He knew he had a player worth holding onto which I don't think was the case at the end of last season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Great pick by Masai, but also great projection on his part to know Siakam could develop so much this summer. How easy would it have been to include Siakam in the Kawhi trade or some other trade which may have been available? He knew he had a player worth holding onto which I don't think was the case at the end of last season.
        I think most here would have included both Poeltl and Wright before including either one of Siakam or OG, certainly that was what I was proposing. Masai managed to pull off sending just one of them, which is awesome, but I don't think it took anything special to understand that Siakam was either 1A or 1B along with OG in terms of who to make sure you keep.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• His last two strides to the basket are huge then he deploys canadarm and makes a bank shot look easy

Comment

• Skal got off to a decent start to his NBA career, or so it seemed. So far this year he's played a grand total of 28 minutes...

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Poeltl got traded in a package for Kawhi and Green, and Pascal is a steal in that draft.

Build Masai his statue already.
              The Kawhi Leonard trade is just so amazing on many levels. I loved it more than anyone else back then, and now I love it even more. Even if we lose Kawhi Leonard next off-season, we still win that trade by dumping DeMar DeRozan, a very flawed and high salary player who is incredibly difficult to build around, onto another team and reaping the benefits of increased motion offense and sharper/more impenetrable defense that come with trading him away. Just ask the Lakers and Jazz what they got hit by this week and they'll let you know!

(Note: I don't have anything against DeRozan, especially off the court. Give that man his standing ovation when he returns to Toronto. But moving on from him was absolutely the right decision.)

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Skal got off to a decent start to his NBA career, or so it seemed. So far this year he's played a grand total of 28 minutes...
              He's buried in the depth chart in Sacramento, which is actually a respectable team now and not big flaming trash like they've historically been.

I'm glad we chose Siakam. He's slowly morphing into our third star before our very eyes...
              Last edited by DerozansSpurs; Fri Nov 9, 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                The Kawhi Leonard trade is just so amazing on many levels. I loved it more than anyone else back then, and now I love it even more. Even if we lose Kawhi Leonard next off-season, we still win that trade by dumping DeMar DeRozan, a very flawed and high salary player who is incredibly difficult to build around, onto another team and reaping the benefits of increased motion offense and sharper/more impenetrable defense that come with trading him away. Just ask the Lakers and Jazz what they got hit by this week and they'll let you know!

(Note: I don't have anything against DeRozan, especially off the court. Give that man his standing ovation when he returns to Toronto. But moving on from him was absolutely the right decision.)
                Yes, thats why it was a great move. In the NBA, you want to either be a top 5 team or a bottom 5 team. Being inbetween is very hard (not impossible). Masai has done a great job because if Kawhi leaves next season, we can rebuild/retool the season after.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  Yes, thats why it was a great move. In the NBA, you want to either be a top 5 team or a bottom 5 team. Being inbetween is very hard (not impossible). Masai has done a great job because if Kawhi leaves next season, we can rebuild/retool the season after.
                  But over half the NBA teams know deep down they're not a top 5 team, yet do not want to be a bottom 5 team. For a lot of teams, they're just trying to make the playoffs. How many teams are outright tanking? Are there even 5 teams doing that?
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                    The Kawhi Leonard trade is just so amazing on many levels. I loved it more than anyone else back then, and now I love it even more.
                    Um, what??? Get a grip, dude. LMFAO

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Masai built this team into a Top Contender with zero tank, and that really is almost unseen nowadays. He has shown everyone in the league how to do it though as well. 5 years from now, I would not be surprised to see the Raptors of today being the standard, the absolute hallmark of building in the NBA. The Warriors are not really a reasonable or achievable standard; the Raptors are for the exact reason that we started from bottom-ish (but not really), and now we here.

That all said, if we lose Kawhi, we are not a bottom 5 team. Even if we dump Lowry as well, I'm not convinced we are a bottom 5 team. Masai is just too damn good at what he does. Lol
                      Last edited by Joey; Sat Nov 10, 2018, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Masai built this team into a Top Contender with zero tank, and that really is almost unseen nowadays. He has shown everyone in the league how to do it though as well. 5 years from now, I would not be surprised to see the Raptors of today being the standard, the absolute hallmark of building in the NBA. The Warriors are not really a reasonable or achievable standard; the Raptors are for the exact reason that we started from bottom-ish (but not really), and now we here.

That all said, if we lose Kawhi, we are not a bottom 5 team. Even if we dump Lowry as well, I'm not convinced we are a bottom 5 team. Masai is just too damn good at what he does. Lol
                        If we lose Kawhi we are still a top 5 team in the East. If we lose Lowry as well, we are still in the playoffs race in the east.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          If we lose Kawhi we are still a top 5 team in the East. If we lose Lowry as well, we are still in the playoffs race in the east.
                          ... whilst developing what seems to be rising stars in Siakam and OG.

The Raptors, if losing both Kawhi and dumping Lowry, would sport a lineup of:

VanVleet-Wright-OG-Siakam-Valanciunas, not to mention Norman Powell still under contract. That's an average age of 24 if we're calculating it today... what the hell.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            ... whilst developing what seems to be rising stars in Siakam and OG.

The Raptors, if losing both Kawhi and dumping Lowry, would sport a lineup of:

VanVleet-Wright-OG-Siakam-Valanciunas, not to mention Norman Powell still under contract. That's an average age of 24 if we're calculating it today... what the hell.
                            Well I doubt Masai would put the current roster on display if Kawhi leaves no matter what. A mini- rebuild would ensue.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Well I doubt Masai would put the current roster on display if Kawhi leaves no matter what. A mini- rebuild would ensue.
                              Absolutely. But, I've been saying since the deal that if Kawhi leaves, Ujiri would have an accelerated rebuild because all the pieces are here + draft picks, cap space, etc. They have the core group, and like it or not, the aforementioned lineup is good enough to play itself into a lower seed in the East.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Kind of wild cause if in two years all the vets leave then Masai Still has a young core capable of attracting a star and the cap space to go with it. And thats the nuclear option. A much more likely the concern is how far MLSE will go into the tax

Comment

Working...
                                X