Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Absolutely agreed. And interestingly, the formula has remained almost entirely unchanged, in terms of guys he goes after ... Long, Athletic, Lots of room for Growth, Good Natured, etc. He's just gotten better at spotting them I guess (Pascal, OG, Delon, Boucher, Adel, etc.)
    Overall since the Bruno draft he's done well overall. We did pass on Sabonis for Poeltl though, but overall good drafting by the Raps.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
      I wouldnt trade Pascal for anyone right now IMO.

Pascal is 13th in qualified PF right now in efficiency rating (Ibaka is also included in this so they do throw in centres as well). As a true PF Pascal maybe top 5 right now.

Green is 42nd overall and has a lot of baggage with his behaviour... while I wouldnt mind Green on the team, right now with Ibaka, Pascal, OG and JV we dont need him on the team.

We do need another wing player though or guard.
      Pascal’s value is at its highest right now vs. Draymond’s value dipping due to recent charades with his team, thats when a prudent GM can make moves, fleece an opposing GM but at the same time thinking of the post season with the best chance to truly contend.

If they make it to the finals, Green would be the biggest headache a Warriors would have to face.

We have gone this route of being sentimental with our assets and we ended up as duds when it mattered most.

If the opportunity presents itself to trade an appreciating asset for someone who can give us the highest odds of winning it all, we grab it.

Kawhi/ Kyle and Green can be devastating against anyone.

Actually: Ibaka/ Draymond/ Kawhi/ Danny/ Kyle
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Nov 18, 2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        My Sunday waiting for the fam...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Draymond Green
        Jacob Evans

For

Pascal
        Miles
        Norm

Variation:

Green and Evans

For

Pascal and Van Vleet
        Good lord, no. Pascal-for-Draymond would be a classic Colangelo trade where we end up finding out just how overrated Green is and have to pay him the max, while Siakam blows big up in GSW. Pascal is basically Giannis-lite at this point and still improving. And in a league trending more and more towards foot speed (and shooting), Pascal might be the fastest player for his size in the NBA. Nevermind the ridiculous length and overall athleticism. We need to find out where that ceiling is with 2+ more years on a rookie scale contract and up to 5 years of control after that.

Comment

• If you are going to trade Siakam, please deal him to my Spurs. We would be thrilled to have him. (But you'd be fools to trade him.)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Good lord, no. Pascal-for-Draymond would be a classic Colangelo trade where we end up finding out just how overrated Green is and have to pay him the max, while Siakam blows big up in GSW. Pascal is basically Giannis-lite at this point and still improving. And in a league trending more and more towards foot speed (and shooting), Pascal might be the fastest player for his size in the NBA. Nevermind the ridiculous length and overall athleticism. We need to find out where that ceiling is with 2+ more years on a rookie scale contract and up to 5 years of control after that.
            If you are referring to ColangeloÂ’s acquisition of Rudy Gay then I dont think thats a good comparison, putting Draymond in the same breath of Rudy. But I do agree that Gay was so overrated then.

I have already explained my reasoning on my previous post why I would trade Pascal an appreciating asset for Draymond.

Masai made an all in move for Kawhi with the end goal to win it all this season. Getting Draymond is an icing to the cake IMO and at the same token depleting the Warriors chances

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
              If you are going to trade Siakam, please deal him to my Spurs. We would be thrilled to have him. (But you'd be fools to trade him.)
              You dont have anyone who can move the needle for the Raptors.

With all due respect but no thanks to Lamarcus

Comment

• Draymond Green will undermine Nurse's coaching, will diss Kawhi to his face while making a cabal with Lowry & Ibaka. Draymond will destroy the team from within so hell no.

Comment

• How can we be so absolute about Draymond, was that the same impression of Lowry prior to Masai getting him from Houston. Was it the same too with Kawhi, in terms of all the negative narrative about the guy.

How about seeing it glass half full.

Comment

How can we be so absolute about Draymond, was that the same impression of Lowry prior to Masai getting him from Houston. Was it the same too with Kawhi, in terms of all the negative narrative about the guy.

Did the Claw Reborn just asked for the glass to be seen half full?

Comment

How can we be so absolute about Draymond, was that the same impression of Lowry prior to Masai getting him from Houston. Was it the same too with Kawhi, in terms of all the negative narrative about the guy.

Draymond had an outburst and an almost physical altercation with KD and that is on a championship team that is slumping a bit cause Curry isn't playing. You think shit isn't going to start flying here in Toronto?! Draymond has an ego as big as the ocean and the mentality of a 15 year old, he would wave his championship rings around & demand more touches. Even under the best circumstances he is a nuisance & agitator.

Comment

• I just love Pascal's athleticism, his little "swirl" is gonna be a household thing.

If Pascal gets the 3 point shot down, he could arguably become a top tier PF in the league within the next 2 years.

We are in 1st place right now -- we shouldnt trade for positions which we aren't in need right now. We may need another wing player or potentially a backup PG if Delon and FVV aren't consistent.

I like Draymond's toughness, no doubt, but he has too much baggage and like someone else if he starts screwing around with a guy like Kawhi, we know Kawhi will bolt without hesitation... the team has chemistry right now I just dont wanna mess with it.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Draymond had an outburst and an almost physical altercation with KD and that is on a championship team that is slumping a bit cause Curry isn't playing. You think shit isn't going to start flying here in Toronto?! Draymond has an ego as big as the ocean and the mentality of a 15 year old, he would wave his championship rings around & demand more touches. Even under the best circumstances he is a nuisance & agitator.
                          Mentality of a 15 year old? How would you be able to determine this?

Was Rasheed Wallace of the Blazers as a pain in the ass and was as destructive before the Pistons acquired him?

You are saying some absolute terms i.e. would wave his rings and demanding for more touches.

Well I guess each one of us are entitled to our own opinions.

Comment

I think you pose an interesting question with this idea, certainly not to be dismissed with a scoff. I don't think I'd wanna do it though.

Really begs the question of how good Draymond is independently and how much he's been a product of playing with two of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen, (and then a superstar thrown into the mix, in Durant.) It'd be a gamble that could go either way. You could be right that Draymond brings all of his grit and BBIQ and pushes us to new levels... meanwhile, Siakam over with GSW could top out at useful role player, (though I think he'd likely have them running and defending in a way that would be unstoppable.)

The risk would just be so great. Draymond, more than about any player in the league, has demonstrated his volatility on the floor. He can be a complete and utter distraction, he can implode. He can be selfish. Pascal embodies all of the best attributes of a humble team player, while still playing with joy and excitement. And everything is coming so easily to him right now. His fit on this team is unreal. And as has been said, there's really nobody faster than him in the league right now. His value on D is going to grow and grow. His work in the lane is a thing of magic right now. Obviously the shot's still a work in progress. And the years of control... those are so valuable with our current cap situation.

There's always the chance that when push comes to shove, Pascal's humility doesn't allow him to elevate to have the heart of a killer, like Draymond, and we could regret not having someone like that.

It's an interesting proposal and one worth weighing. Not sure what Masai might think. Think I'd have to pass though.
                            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Nov 18, 2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

[The Spurs] dont have anyone who can move the needle for the Raptors.
                              Sadly, I am all too aware of that. The way the Spurs roster is, I'm not sure we could move the needle for anybody, least of all Siakam.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                I think you pose an interesting question with this idea, certainly not to be dismissed with a scoff. I don't think I'd wanna do it though.

Really begs the question of how good Draymond is independently and how much he's been a product of playing with two of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen, (and then a superstar thrown into the mix, in Durant.) It'd be a gamble that could go either way. You could be right that Draymond brings all of his grit and BBIQ and pushes us to new levels... meanwhile, Siakam over with GSW could top out at useful role player, (though I think he'd likely have them running and defending in a way that would be unstoppable.)

The risk would just be so great. Draymond, more than about any player in the league, has demonstrated his volatility on the floor. He can be a complete and utter distraction, he can implode. He can be selfish. Pascal embodies all of the best attributes of a humble team player, while still playing with joy and excitement. And everything is coming so easily to him right now. His fit on this team is unreal. And as has been said, there's really nobody faster than him in the league right now. His value on D is going to grow and grow. His work in the lane is a thing of magic right now. Obviously the shot's still a work in progress. And the years of control... those are so valuable with our current cap situation.

There's always the chance that when push comes to shove, Pascal's humility doesn't allow him to elevate to have the heart of a killer, like Draymond, and we could regret not having someone like that.

It's an interesting proposal and one worth weighing. Not sure what Masai might think. Think I'd have to pass though.
                                Very fair comment especially you stating about Pascal’s humility vs. Draymond’s heart of a killer.

What is important for Masai at this point of his tenure as a GM is something im keen to know before the deadline. He has proven this offseason that he can be heartless with business/ ultimate team’s success outweighs loyalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X