Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Be careful Puffer or you might end up on the dreaded IGNORE list along with Demo and the guy who wrote that article. And I'm guessing me soon, if I'm not on it already.
    I really don't mind discussion, disagreement, and controversy. But I find it hard to take posters who are so certain of their opinion and keep hammering away at it. Hey, even if what we want to happen actually happens, it doesn't mean you were right. A team's management may have decided to make a move for a completely different reason.

Which reminds me. I also can't stand posters who feel the need to constantly say "I told you so. When all you guys were saying that black is black, and I said that black is white, I turned out to be right." Statistics would argue that if there are enough random opinions posted, one of them is bound to be correct. Somebody on this board has been going on and on about how they were right about VV. When I went back to the "Everything Fred VanVleet" thread and the only post they made from July 2016 until November 2017 was something along the lines of "He's going to the G League." And they made that post before the 2016 season started. Now they are going on about how they told everyone he was going to be great etc., etc., etc.

I mean for Pete's sake. Can you not get enough of yourself. I keep forgetting that there are obviously some posters on this board who are only 15 years old. Hard to allow them into conversations with adults when they act like 13 year olds though.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Be careful Puffer or you might end up on the dreaded IGNORE list along with Demo and the guy who wrote that article. And I'm guessing me soon, if I'm not on it already.
      Hey the ignore list serves a purpose. I have a couple of current poster on it and I find my enjoyment level is much higher. When the ignored posters make a reasonable comment, I frequently see it because someone will engage them with the quote function. But when they are just shooting drivel, most other posters ignore them, and I don't have to wade through their garbage.

Comment

• Now, to be fair, the writer of that article doesn’t really know what they are talking about (the Raptors have nowhere close to 8M in room under the hard cap), but otherwise, yeah, the team’s done a great job giving themselves the flexibility they needed and this amazing depth, balancing winning moves with future upside.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Now, to be fair, the writer of that article doesn’t really know what they are talking about (the Raptors have nowhere close to 8M in room under the hard cap), but otherwise, yeah, the team’s done a great job giving themselves the flexibility they needed and this amazing depth, balancing winning moves with future upside.
          What do they have?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            What do they have?
            Depending on the accuracy of reported bonus structures, something between 3.3M - 4.8M. I've been going with 4.8M because that's the more reliable number (and also I'm an optimist).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Laker's made it known they don't see Randle in their future. I've always been a fan of his game and would love to see him here. I just don't see a package we can offer that Lakers would consider.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                Laker's made it known they don't see Randle in their future. I've always been a fan of his game and would love to see him here. I just don't see a package we can offer that Lakers would consider.
                As a future Ibaka replacement?

Comment

• Randle's an actual power forward and Ibaka isn't.

Comment

• How do the two players stack up defensively? Does Randle have 3pt range?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      How do the two players stack up defensively? Does Randle have 3pt range?
                      Lakers are better defensively with him on the floor (and they're one of the best defenses in the league). His kind of PF was looked down upon defensively before because he's not a rim protector, but for the modern game he's perfect defensively because he's quick and can guard the perimeter effectively and even switch onto some bigger 3s and some 5s too when needed.

He doesn't have 3PT range though which is problematic but he's an excellent passer, and rebounds really well for a 4.

Problem with trading with LA is that they aren't gonna take on long-term salary cause they want to target Cousins, George, LBJ, etc in FA. You'd have to take back Deng which is a huge no-no.

Comment

• Why are Lakers giving up on Randle so soon? Cap space?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Why are Lakers giving up on Randle so soon? Cap space?
                          My guess is they prefer Nance and Kuzma
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Why are Lakers giving up on Randle so soon? Cap space?
                            He's playing really well in his limited role, but their front court is crowded and they likely want to dump Deng to chase FA's next summer. They're going to have to include somebody in a Deng deal to get rid of the contract.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If I'm brooklynn or Atlanta I take on deng's contract if it gets me randle. The Raps not so much.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                If I'm brooklynn or Atlanta I take on deng's contract if it gets me randle. The Raps not so much.
                                I'd do it if I was Dallas as well. He's from there and he could be a good long term replacement at the 4 for Dirk. Start putting some young pieces around DSJ and Barnes.

Comment

Working...
                                X