Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMA gets a bad rap but, the dude can really play. There is a reason why so many including the raps were after him a couple summers ago.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I highly doubt MIL trades Parker to a conference rival that is fighting for THE same Playoff spots and fresh off of being eliminated BY the Raptors lol...not a chance in hell they allow someone who they're trying to get through to get better/tougher to beat.
      Yeah, I could never envision the Cavs trading Kyrie to the Celtics - a division rival that's trying to get back to the ECF to take them down. Not a chance. Oh wait....

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        LMA gets a bad rap but, the dude can really play. There is a reason why so many including the raps were after him a couple summers ago.

Because they thought they were getting Blazers LMA. He has been really underwhelming as a Spur
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Because they thought they were getting Blazers LMA. He has been really underwhelming as a Spur
          He made a bad choice in free agency. That's doesn't mean he is a bad player. A team like the Raptors shouldn't act like thier too good for LMA. Raps lack talent and need more of it if they want a chance against the Cavs. The other teams in the east they can beat as currently constructed.

It’s also worth mentioning that Aldridge generally doesn’t receive enough credit for playing a major role on the NBA’s best defense. He allowed opponents to shoot just 49.3% shooting from within six feet last season, a rim-protection rate that compares favorably to the likes of Green and Rudy Gobert.
          https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/12/to...an-joel-embiid

And we already know he can score the ball. LMA would automatically be the 3rd best player on this team and their best playoff performer

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

He made a bad choice in free agency. That's doesn't mean he is a bad player. A team like the Raptors shouldn't act like thier too good for LMA. Raps lack talent and need more of it if they want a chance against the Cavs. The other teams in the east they can beat as currently constructed.

It’s also worth mentioning that Aldridge generally doesn’t receive enough credit for playing a major role on the NBA’s best defense. He allowed opponents to shoot just 49.3% shooting from within six feet last season, a rim-protection rate that compares favorably to the likes of Green and Rudy Gobert.
            https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/12/to...an-joel-embiid

And we already know he can score the ball. LMA would automatically be the 3rd best player on this team and their best playoff performer

Lots of bold claims in this post lol

How many of his playoff games did you watch last year?
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

He's in the same boat as Melo for me. Both guys shoot a ton of mid-range jumpers and aren't a great fit.

But just like Melo, if we don't have any other options, we might as well go for it. If JV's going to sit out 4th quarters again I'd rather have a piece that Casey will play. I mean, I'd rather fire Casey first but that ain't happening.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                Lots of bold claims in this post lol

How many of his playoff games did you watch last year?
                Averages 21, 8rb, 1.5 ast, 1.5blk on 45 FG in 60 playoff games.

18.6, 7.8R, 1.3A, 1.2B 48 FG in 26 games with the Spurs
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Sep 26, 2017, 12:37 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  He's in the same boat as Melo for me. Both guys shoot a ton of mid-range jumpers and aren't a great fit.

But just like Melo, if we don't have any other options, we might as well go for it. If JV's going to sit out 4th quarters again I'd rather have a piece that Casey will play. I mean, I'd rather fire Casey first but that ain't happening.
                  I don't think he'd play both Aldridge and Ibaka to close games. Maybe slightly more than he would JV - but not much. Ibaka would end up getting the call. I'll play office-chair psychologist and predict this would tick off Aldridge.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Also LMA is way better tha JV on both sides.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      And McDermott. So it would have been a JV-Powell-pick deal equivalent. Personally, I would not trade that package for Melo.

But yeah, Knicks gonna Knicks.
                      I'd say JV-Powell has way more value than Kanter-Buckets. It'd be interesting to know what offer it would have taken from us. Although I read somewhere that the Knicks didn't want to trade Melo to someone in the East. Which means they certainly wouldn't have traded him to a team in the Atlantic.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I hear Norm Powell is a free agent after this year. Unfortunately he's restricted.

Comment

Averages 21, 8rb, 1.5 ast, 1.5blk on 45 FG in 60 playoff games.

18.6, 7.8R, 1.3A, 1.2B 48 FG in 26 games with the Spurs
                          Ok.

And if you would have just posted the stats regarding what I asked, last season, you'd see a trend. And if you compared those numbers to Kyle's and DeMar's, they don't scream "best" to me.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            Ok.

And if you would have just posted the stats regarding what I asked, last season, you'd see a trend. And if you compared those numbers to Kyle's and DeMar's, they don't scream "best" to me.
                            He's been playing in a way better conference. He is way more proven in the post season than Deebo/Klow. Against better competition. He would benefit playing with Kyle/Deebo too. The way those guys like to use the pnr and attack the paint. Would leave a bunch of wide open jumpers for him and Ibaka. I'd dare teams to try and trap the the ball handler with those two bigs setting the screen and popping.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Sep 26, 2017, 01:37 PM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He's been playing in a way better conference. He is way more proven in the post season than Deebo/Klow. Against better competition. He would benefit playing with Kyle/Deebo too. The way those guys like to use the pnr and attack the paint. Would leave a bunch of wide open jumpers for him and Ibaka. I'd dare teams to try and trap the the ball handler with those two bigs setting the screen and popping.

I highly doubt ibaka would he here if we brought Aldridge in. And whether it's ibaka gone or jv gone or both gone, we're in further cap hell for really what amounts to a slight upgrade on ibaka. The Raptors are probably shopping for a small forward, or in a pipe dream a massive fish that is better than lowry or derozan, not a slight upgrade on the PF that's barely been here
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I highly doubt ibaka would he here if we brought Aldridge in. And whether it's ibaka gone or jv gone or both gone, we're in further cap hell for really what amounts to a slight upgrade on ibaka. The Raptors are probably shopping for a small forward, or in a pipe dream a massive fish that is better than lowry or derozan, not a slight upgrade on the PF that's barely been here
                                playing center is Ibaka's preferred position

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X