Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw that a projected top 5 pick next year, Michael Porter Jr., got hurt and has to have back surgery, out for the year. Wouldn't call him a "star", cause he hasn't player more than a couple minutes in college, much less the NBA, but as a potential number 1 pick he certainly has star potential. Seems like he slips at least a bit (no idea if this is a good draft), may be worth looking into in the off season.

Fun fact, Michael Porter Jr. played against my old high school and crushed them like bugs. Didn't watch, but I heard he and his brother full court pressed and got a bagilion steals. Sucks he got hurt.

Comment

• Maybe not stars but what do you guys think of Wesley Matthews or Courtney Lee?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Maybe not stars but what do you guys think of Wesley Matthews or Courtney Lee?
        I've always liked guys like Matthews, Lee, and Ariza, but I don't think the Raptors need anybody on that level right now. The three-headed monster of Miles, Powell, and OG can more or less provide that kind of production already, and they should keep minutes open at that spot for OG to grow into his role. He's going to be good.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Find myself cheering against the Clippers every night. I think Raps could go to the finals with DJ/Poeltl as our centers. Most success Raps have had has been with those types of centers. Raps really need all-star level talent that does't need the ball to make an impact.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If we got DeAndre that massively elevates our ceiling.

Would it be possible to score on an Anunoby-Ibaka-DJ frontcourt?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              If we got DeAndre that massively elevates our ceiling.

Would it be possible to score on an Anunoby-Ibaka-DJ frontcourt?
              Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention but Ibaka hasn't impressed me as a defensive stopper this year.
              Last edited by Puffer; Wed Nov 22, 2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention but Ibaka hasn't impressed mesas a defensive stopper this year.
                Plus DeAndre has been trash this year so far.

Comment

• Looks like Beverley had surgery today.. LAC is definitely in trouble now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Looks like Beverley had surgery today.. LAC is definitely in trouble now.
                    Beverley is a "disgrace to the league" the amount of rest days he gets.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'll take one Blake Griffin please.

(Yes I know we don't have the pieces)

Comment

• Zero interest in Faried and DeAndre Jordan, I really don't think he makes us THAT much better.

I find his defense is a bit overrated. He can obviously block shots because of his length and leaping ability but I don't find that his actual defensive instincts are all that great. He's not as good at tracking down guys and staying glued to them like a Gobert or Embiid.

What I will give him is he'll fit perfectly with how we use JV which is to be a garbageman for rebounds and be a lop threat (which is 100X more a threat of n would likely get more touches than JV because of that) and the occasional drop off. But outside of that he is basically a tall Bismack and will be no offensive threat outside of that and a prime target for teams to "unintentionally" foul late in games during the Playoffs. Not to mention remains a clog in the paint. So for me, I'm not as hot on the idea and have a hard time believing MLSE will eat the luxury tax for that either.

Really however unlikely the perfect fit is Marc Gasol. Great defense, great passer to further implement ball movement and find cutters like OG/Siakam, another legit 20+ppg scorer when one of DD or Lowry inevitably have the struggles in the Playoffs and a 3pt shooter to space the floor out....obvious problem is the lack of assets.

Comment

• DeAndre is being shopped

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/multip...sYVBxtq673w.97

Comment

• I'm not that high on DeAndre but JV really has no place anymore on this team. If the Clippers are willing for a swap you do it with no hesitation

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Do what you gotta do Masai
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X