Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    First thing I thought of was Charlie Villanueva. Who T Rex always said was going to be here one year, have a couple decent seasons for the Bucks and then slowly decline before washing out of the league.
    Charlie "Choke Hold" Villanueva still appears in Russel Westbrook's nightmares.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Detroit 2004.
      They changed their coach first

Comment

• n
        DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        ...EDIT: btw that isn't to say I don't prefer him to FVV. The margin of error for VV is so small simply because of his size. You have to be so good at basketball to excel as a small player.
        Yeah. Wright could still learn to shoot more consistently. Fred will never learn to be tall.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          We have some trade exceptions we could use to add guys but no picks to pair with them so getting their role players is probably a no-go.
          JV + the Brazilians works for Jordan + Dekker. But it's probably not enough. The issue is that Poeltl is probably more valuable than JV but then the salaries don't match. Powell can't be traded. Wright has no value. I'm going to assume that most people consider OG almost untradeable, at least in a deal for a 30-year-old non-star.

The question we're going to start having to grapple with, I guess, is just how much we value Pascal.

Jonas/Lucas/Siakam works too. I would almost prefer to send Ibaka once he's tradeable and then take back someone like Gallo, so we'd have

Kyle/DD/Gallo/Pascal/Jordan.

But it's hard to see anyone really giving us much for either JV or Ibaka, even if we were to get third teams involved.

Just a very tough position.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            n

Yeah. Wright could still learn to shoot more consistently. Fred will never learn to be tall.
            Height isn't everything. You should know that by now......I'll take heart over height EVERY SINGLE DAY.

FVV is seriously overlooked just because he's short but I'm with TRex on FVV .... He's a baller. Plays hard defensively. Definitely underrated by some just because of his height.

Isiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry...... Those guys aren't tall.

Fred's not playing Center! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Height doesn't measure heart #HDMH
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                JV + the Brazilians works for Jordan + Dekker. But it's probably not enough. The issue is that Poeltl is probably more valuable than JV but then the salaries don't match. Powell can't be traded. Wright has no value. I'm going to assume that most people consider OG almost untradeable, at least in a deal for a 30-year-old non-star.

The question we're going to start having to grapple with, I guess, is just how much we value Pascal.

Jonas/Lucas/Siakam works too. I would almost prefer to send Ibaka once he's tradeable and then take back someone like Gallo, so we'd have

Kyle/DD/Gallo/Pascal/Jordan.

But it's hard to see anyone really giving us much for either JV or Ibaka, even if we were to get third teams involved.

Just a very tough position.
                It's also that if they make a trade now and give up serious prospects for it, that trade better put them right into contender status. If it doesn't, it's not worth it. There's a good chance they just have to ride some of this out.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This FVV > Delon thing is still happening huh... Lol. Yeah, sure.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Height isn't everything. You should know that by now......I'll take heart over height EVERY SINGLE DAY.

FVV is seriously overlooked just because he's short but I'm with TRex on FVV .... He's a baller. Plays hard defensively. Definitely underrated by some just because of his height.

Isiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry...... Those guys aren't tall.

Fred's not playing Center! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Those guys are also the most skilled players on the court in any game. That is kind of the point.

Comment

• JMO, but JV has a better chance of being bought out than being traded for anything of value. He's about a league average player still owed another $34 million after this season, with a skill set no team needs, and even if some team did, they can get comparable or close to JV production for far less in $ and term.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        JMO, but JV has a better chance of being bought out than being traded for anything of value. He's about a league average player still owed another $34 million after this season, with a skill set no team needs, and even if some team did, they can get comparable or close to JV production for far less in $ and term.
                        Funny enough so can we. Poeltl. Makes about a fifth of JV's salary and produces at arguably a higher level.

Comment

• LOL there's no way the Raps would buy out JV's deal.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nice thing about this whole conversation is that it is meaningless except for the 2 or 3 guys that, when everything is said and done will incessantly bray out "I TOLD YOU SO."

Masai is going to do whatever he does with no thought to what anyone here says. In fact he already has plan A, B, C and D lined up in case things break certain ways.

No point getting wound up one way or the other. It's always interesting to hear and explore different ideas. Though MLSE is definitely missing a trick by overlooking some of the members here who have been so consistently correct, when professional basketball, with all the scouting, analytics and video seems such a crap shoot.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Height doesn't measure heart #HDMH
                              Is HDMH a brand of "Small Man's" clothing store? Isn't that the line that Damon Stoudamire started. By the way, Damon is 44 years old.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                LOL there's no way the Raps would buy out JV's deal.
                                Not this year. Don't know 2 years from now.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X