No announcement yet.

Everything Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
      Pretty much what he's kinda been saying. I mostly like that he seems to understand that our offence only seems to work in the regular season. He made comments about wanting to have an offence that will work when playoffs come around and against elite competition. And he keeps hammering home ball movement. These are things I've never really heard him stress this much before.
      He also talked about trying to play in a way that utilizes "everybody's strengths". The Internet basement dwellers have been heard. lol.

Comment

Anyone hear Bruno's interview?
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Thank god basketball is back.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Thank god basketball is back.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Would nlblce nice if one of the Canadian guys make it as the 15th man. Would be neat if both of them make it. But will never happen. Bruno has no business being on this roster but it is what it is.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Did Bruno spit on a reporter or anything?

Comment

I don't know about anybody else, but this upcoming season looks to be a tad boring from the Raptors perspective. That might not be a bad thing considering our history but still.. OG is a shiny new toy but I think he'll provide as much as Poeltl did last year (which is not much).

Don't really see any Raptor related stories that excite me. Nothing we can really do at the deadline. No picks so not going to follow the college hoops much. A lot of stars changed teams, so the NBA itself will be exciting (when isn't). But the East seems like it'll have a bunch of sh!tty teams and a small handful of decent ones.. with the Cavs looking to take it easy until the playoffs.

Only thing I hope for when the regular season is over is that the Raptors beat the Celtics in Wins (oh and that Lowry will actually be healthy come playoff time).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I don't know about anybody else, but this upcoming season looks to be a tad boring from the Raptors perspective. That might not be a bad thing considering our history but still.. OG is a shiny new toy but I think he'll provide as much as Poeltl did last year (which is not much).

Don't really see any Raptor related stories that excite me. Nothing we can really do at the deadline. No picks so not going to follow the college hoops much. A lot of stars changed teams, so the NBA itself will be exciting (when isn't). But the East seems like it'll have a bunch of sh!tty teams and a small handful of decent ones.. with the Cavs looking to take it easy until the playoffs.

Only thing I hope for when the regular season is over is that the Raptors beat the Celtics in Wins (oh and that Lowry will actually be healthy come playoff time).
                    People wanted us to play younger, now we're playing younger. Add probably the best starting lineup in our history to start the season and I'm pretty damn excited.

Familiarity breeds contempt, but we aren't that familiar with many of our young players yet, so plenty of stuff to watch for.

Also, we're not the Knicks.

Comment

Winning is NEVER boring.

I still remember those mid 90's and mid 2000's Raptors. That was boring.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gonna tend to agree. This is the least excited I've been for a season in a long time...our core has (probably) peaked...no first round picks in '18, no blue chip rookies...we've been to the ECF, we've lost 2 straight years to the Cavs...pardon me if trying to be the team that loses to the Cavs again doesn't give me goosebumps anymore
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          People wanted us to play younger, now we're playing younger. Add probably the best starting lineup in our history to start the season and I'm pretty damn excited.

Familiarity breeds contempt, but we aren't that familiar with many of our young players yet, so plenty of stuff to watch for.

Also, we're not the Knicks.
                          This season is like a lottery ticket to me. I don't think we have much of a shot but I hope that one of the kids turns out to be a lucky number.

Comment

I'm really excited for this season. We have a great starting lineup from top to bottom even if Norm doesn't start, our coach and best players are seriously talking about style change, and it seems like our guys are desperate to win. Demar takes another step, kyle stays healthy, serge plays well after developing chemistry, Norm shows his vast improvement and CJ is the knock down shooter we hope he is and we can make some serious noise in the playoffs. There's lots of reason to be optimistic this year. And we have a beast of a rookie waiting to get minutes once he's healthy, and could prove to be a major contributor once he starts playing. I'm excited.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              This season is like a lottery ticket to me. I don't think we have much of a shot but I hope that one of the kids turns out to be a lucky number.
                              I really love our youth brigade and think they're basically ready to compete at a high level - Powell, Delon, FVV, Siakam, Poeltl, and the others as well. At least 3 of these guys are going to be major contributors.

And I don't really tire of winning 50+ games.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                                I'm really excited for this season. We have a great starting lineup from top to bottom even if Norm doesn't start, our coach and best players are seriously talking about style change, and it seems like our guys are desperate to win. Demar takes another step, kyle stays healthy, serge plays well after developing chemistry, Norm shows his vast improvement and CJ is the knock down shooter we hope he is and we can make some serious noise in the playoffs. There's lots of reason to be optimistic this year. And we have a beast of a rookie waiting to get minutes once he's healthy, and could prove to be a major contributor once he starts playing. I'm excited.
                                I feel the same way you do.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X