Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron with some killer shots down the stretch last night for the win in Denver. I'm on the fence here between wanting the Cavs to win some games, stay in 3rd and run into Boston in the second round vs. wanting the wheels to completely fall off in Cleveland. Probably would rather the latter.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Cavs nearly surrendered an early big lead but hung on last night. Lebron with 39/8/10 in 39 minutes. He was amazing. Not sure if he can keep this up but it hearkens back to the old Lebron, plus scrubs days in Cleveland.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Cavs nearly surrendered an early big lead but hung on last night. Lebron with 39/8/10 in 39 minutes. He was amazing. Not sure if he can keep this up but it hearkens back to the old Lebron, plus scrubs days in Cleveland.
        He's many years older now. Nobody stays healthy forever, especially when you're 33 and playing HEAVY minutes.

Everyone's an "ironman" until they're not.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Cavs nearly surrendered an early big lead but hung on last night. Lebron with 39/8/10 in 39 minutes. He was amazing. Not sure if he can keep this up but it hearkens back to the old Lebron, plus scrubs days in Cleveland.
          Nilanka wrote: View Post
          He's many years older now. Nobody stays healthy forever, especially when you're 33 and playing HEAVY minutes.

Everyone's an "ironman" until they're not.
          His last season the first time in Cleveland he was 25 and they won 61 games. The second best player on the team might have been Mo Williams. 33 year old Lebron isn't doing quite what 25 year old Lebron did in terms of producing wins on a weak roster.

He is still the guy to beat until proven otherwise, but it will happen at some point here...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Most "best player on the team" rings in the last 30 years:

Jordan - 6
            Kobe - 5
            Duncan - 5
            Shaq - 4

You can split/share those 2000-2002 Lakers rings between Shaq/Kobe however you want, but if you're a team MVP with that many rings on a list that short over a 30 year period...I wouldn't dismiss that argument for greatness out of hand. It's arguably the most important argument to make. This isn't a Robert Horry along for the ride, it's not the 60's Celtics racking up rings in a tiny league, and it's not Wilt Chamberlain stuffing box scores without winning big. It's a great player, the best player on his team for most of his career, winning championships at an undeniably elite level. MJ is arguably the GOAT player. Duncan is many people's GOAT PF. Shaq is in a lot of people's top 3 or 5 centres of all time. But the only other guy on the list is overrated?
            Kobe should have 2 there not 5.

Kobe didn't even show up for the first two finals in the Lakers 3-Peat. He got bottled up and outplayed by Rose/Miller in 2000. Shaq was the far superior player during that run. He was basically the Kyrie to Shaq's LeBron.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Yeah he would only be a top 15 player.. of all time. What an overrated scrub.
              He's overrated because most Kobe stans have him like #2 after Jordan.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Or even better than Jordan which I find the most ridiculous.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  I've was indifferent on Kobe for most of his career. But the way the league stroked him during his year-long retirement tour, and literally dedicated an allstar game to him, made me cringe beyond control.

Disclaimer: But I did name my car 'The Black Mamba'....

Comment

• On one hand kobe can't be an overrated phony cause he's one of the top 10 or 15 players of all time

On the other hand he's one of the 3 to 5 most famous players of all time and is definitely overrated
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Anthony Davis has to be the most fragile athlete in the NBA. Hurt his ankle yesterday and had to leave early.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Anthony Davis has to be the most fragile athlete in the NBA. Hurt his ankle yesterday and had to leave early.
                        Yep it's truly unfortunate, he could have become one of the best players of all time I truly believe that
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          On one hand kobe can't be an overrated phony cause he's one of the top 10 or 15 players of all time

On the other hand he's one of the 3 to 5 most famous players of all time and is definitely overrated
                          Yeah I don't think you can conflate his achievements as a player with personal like/dislike for the guy, his fans, or how the league treated him. I was never a fan of his, but he was still a killer who won MVP's, plenty of rings, and is probably the 2nd or 3rd best at his position all time.

His retirement year was ridiculous. Would have been a crappy year to be a Laker, they had to say all the right things to the cameras though.

Comment

Yep it's truly unfortunate, he could have become one of the best players of all time I truly believe that
                            Wilt Chamberlain light, playing in a more competitive league though and with a less selfish drive.

Comment

The crazy thing is that he's not even 25 yet. There's still plenty of time for him if he can find a way to stay healthy, but it's not going to get easier for him to do so....
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Need a Philly win tonight.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X