Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    Red star fan and no couldn’t do both trips and I go to Serbia all the time so I figured might as well go to London and check it out.
    Oh, I see. Red Star fans were great. Serbs know a thing or two about old school atmosphere.

Comment

• Wizards are now 10-3 without Wall. Only half a game back of Cleveland
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Wizards are now 10-3 without Wall. Only half a game back of Cleveland
        If you're the wiz are you considering trading wall now?

I Mean, you're at least considering it..right?
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Comment

No
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Good luck - Wall's 2019-2020 salary (when his extension kicks in) will be $37.8M, increasing to $46.8M by 2022-2023, and he has a 15% trade kicker just to add to the impact.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/washingto...ohn-wall-6882/

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

dangerous team
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You are more likely to consider canning the coach.

Comment

So you just saying the Apple farmer thing made me decide to google his name again...and find this OUTSTANDING article written last summer

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ck-home-serbia
                    What a great story. Who knew Darko was a success?
                    Last edited by Puffer; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Even if for a valuation you might think that a GM doing his job would put in calls to the dumbest/most desperate franchises in the league to see what Walls current valuation is....

Phoenix...who have high draft picks and young players who would do better outside of that poorly constructed team.
                      NYK....they have nothing outside of the Zinger.....
                      Sacto....who have a crying need for anything and have shown an appetite for petulant Kentucky draft picks .they have a high pick this year and cap space and some young players to offer

And maybe a call to trader Koby Altman...he has a pick this year and Kevin Love..

Edit....This all gets done in preparation for the greatest flea market in the world.. the nba draft
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 10:40 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        What a great story. Who knew Dario was a success?
                        What struck me is how much he never really liked basketball..I think that's a common thread among "bust" guys in basketball and every sport really. Moreso treated as a job that he knew he should try and continue because it payed well. Many "normal" people can relate. Except, "pays well" for us is usually somewhere north of 6 figures. Darko made 52 million in 9 years never really having an impact and always being known as basically an underachieving failure in his field. 52 MILLION USA dollars, took em to Serbia, and now lives HIS ideal life in his early 30s while his contemporaries are living the dream in the NBA trying to put a bow on their legacies. Unbelievable really.

Comment

What struck me is how much he never really liked basketball..I think that's a common thread among "bust" guys in basketball and every sport really. Moreso treated as a job that he knew he should try and continue because it payed well. Many "normal" people can relate. Except, "pays well" for us is usually somewhere north of 6 figures. Darko made 52 million in 9 years never really having an impact and always being known as basically an underachieving failure in his field. 52 MILLION USA dollars, took em to Serbia, and now lives HIS ideal life in his early 30s while his contemporaries are living the dream in the NBA trying to put a bow on their legacies. Unbelievable really.
                          Good for him for being able to take his money and transition into something else, setting himself and his family up for the long haul. Too many depressing stories about athletes blowing that wealth or getting scammed by business partners/investment managers.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Good for him for being able to take his money and transition into something else, setting himself and his family up for the long haul. Too many depressing stories about athletes blowing that wealth or getting scammed by business partners/investment managers.

Yeah, smart to get the hell out of dodge and back to Serbia too. Too many hungry mouths and "long lost cousins" for these formerly poor athletes in the United States

Comment

Yeah, smart to get the hell out of dodge and back to Serbia too. Too many hungry mouths and "long lost cousins" for these formerly poor athletes in the United States
                              I remember Reggie Evans talking about not a day going by without somebody asking him for something.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I was going to comment about how shocking it is that athletes and teams don't set guys up with legitimate banks to advise and take care of money but then I look around at business people/lawyers/bankers/accountants, etc. I know in Calgary and a lot of these guys have zero savings and are living paycheck to paycheck while earning close to seven figures or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X