Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      They do not. Players cannot by definition tamper. The league probably frowns on players doing stuff that is tampering-like, but the CBA doesn't let them do anything about it, unlike with teams, owners, coaches, GMs, etc.
      Actually, the photo looked more like inappropriate touching than tampering.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Comment

• The soup memes are going to be epic. I'm not going to get any work done this afternoon at all.

Comment

• This is awesome:

Comment

They do not. Players cannot by definition tamper. The league probably frowns on players doing stuff that is tampering-like, but the CBA doesn't let them do anything about it, unlike with teams, owners, coaches, GMs, etc.
              Don't forget rappers

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Cavs definitely aren't as good as they were last year, but remember Love still isn't back yet. I'm going to withhold full judgement on them until then.

That said, I definitely believe we can hang with them now
                Agreed. Theoretically, Love makes them much better. But that defense.... I still have no idea what to make of the Cavs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Don't forget rappers

Drake's situation is different

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Drake's situation is different
                    It's not really. He can't be fined, but the team can be for his actions (and has been, IIRC).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's not really. He can't be fined, but the team can be for his actions (and has been, IIRC).
                      Yep, 25k when he told Kevin Durant to "come play for Toronto" at a concert.

Very grey area IMO. Not sure if he's on team payroll besides free court side tickets and cross promotion for his brand and label

Comment

Yep, 25k when he told Kevin Durant to "come play for Toronto" at a concert.

Very grey area IMO. Not sure if he's on team payroll besides free court side tickets and cross promotion for his brand and label
                        I don't think he's on the payroll at all. But once they publicly made him an "ambassador," they opened themselves up to league punishment for his actions.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          Cavs definitely aren't as good as they were last year, but remember Love still isn't back yet. I'm going to withhold full judgement on them until then.

That said, I definitely believe we can hang with them now
                          slaw wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. Theoretically, Love makes them much better. But that defense.... I still have no idea what to make of the Cavs.
                          Boys... as given to hyperbole and home team bias as I am... I'm not painting the grey on the demise of the Cavs. They're done as the big dogs in the East.

There's making incremental changes to improve your team and then there's the wholesale changes the Cavs made in what is always a sellers market at the trade deadline. The got a some much needed youth and speed but a shit ton of experienced playoff guys went out the door. Playoff experience matters. The NewLooks are down a couple of litres.

They still have the unpredictable JR Smith and now they have the equally petulant Jordan Clarkson. Getting suspended for chucking a bowl of soup like a high school kid at an assistant coach is .. well.... high school. Shoving Saric cuz your frustrated that you got beat and he put the 7th slug in an already dead body is unprofessional. Big brother Lebron's patience will wear out as he is now playing 40 mins a game and isn't getting much in the way of help.

For the first time that I can remember.... after a tough loss at home that the Cavs needed... Lebron didn't just walk off the court with that semi scowl on his face... No.. he hung around and did the welcome home hugs for Embiid you see at the airport.

Love comes back... maybe... in early April. That gives him 5 or 6 games to integrate himself into a new set of team mates. He will bump someone from the rotation and while he is good... he will somewhat disrupt whatever team flow the NewLooks will have built since the AS break. And just how much jam does Kevin Love have left... He has been crapped on for years there...He may just play it out.

Its just a lot of things... some bigger (the trades) some small (the suspension and the hugging) that in aggregate point to a team that has lost it swagger that they can beat anyone anytime.

They will finish off the homestand against a desperate Denver team and a fringe playoff team in the Pistons. Then they head out west for 6 games in 11 nights road trip. 5 and 3 would be a good result in those 8 and keep them in the 3 -4 slot...If they go 4 and 4 or worse... Its the 4 -5 slot in the jam packed race for seeding. At seasons end they will be a lower seed than what they are today and will draw a pretty tough 1st round opponent regardless and its quite possible they may not have home court.

Kenny Smith voice over here "Its over ladies and gentlemen. Its Over"
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 2, 2018, 01:31 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• BC has added a nice amount of veteran shooting around Simmons and Embiid. Sixers starting to look formidable.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              BC has added a nice amount of veteran shooting around Simmons and Embiid. Sixers starting to look formidable.
                              I want them to play boston I could see a first round upset

Comment

Cavs suck

Is...is this the year??
                                LeBron James has a different gear that he can go to in the playoffs. We've seen it. That guy almost singlehandedly beat the Warriors in the Finals 3 years ago with Dellavedova as the Cavs 2nd best player.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X