Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cavs almost lost to a Bulls team without Markkanen, LaVine, Dunn and Lopez.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      The Cavs almost lost to a Bulls team without Markkanen, LaVine, Dunn and Lopez.

Comment

• Now, I wouldn’t put much past him but what extra gear will Lebron have for the playoffs? He just played 40 minutes and scored 33 points as part of a triple double to beat the Bulls...by 5.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Now, I wouldn’t put much past him but what extra gear will Lebron have for the playoffs? He just played 40 minutes and scored 33 points as part of a triple double to beat the Bulls...by 5.
          At this point, the question is: are Lowry and Derozan still afraid of Lebron? Every metric and predictor now says we should beat the Cavs rather easily in the playoffs, even with Lebron playing in 6th gear. We are the favourites. The only thing that can derail that is if Kyle and Demar drop down to 2nd gear, like they’ve done in the past.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            At this point, the question is: are Lowry and Derozan still afraid of Lebron? Every metric and predictor now says we should beat the Cavs rather easily in the playoffs, even with Lebron playing in 6th gear. We are the favourites. The only thing that can derail that is if Kyle and Demar drop down to 2nd gear, like they’ve done in the past.
            Your assuming the NewLooks get past the first round.... as crazy as that statement was 4 months ago... its not so crazy now....
            They look like they will open against one of the Wiz... Sixers....Pacers... with an outside chance of the seeing the Bucks ...
            Any of those teams can take the NewLooks down.
            How much better can Lebron play ?

He is playing 40 mins a game and putting up a triple double with 30 plus points scored... Lebron is awesome.. his team is not.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Now, I wouldn’t put much past him but what extra gear will Lebron have for the playoffs? He just played 40 minutes and scored 33 points as part of a triple double to beat the Bulls...by 5.
              He's going to have the same extra gear as always, but he's surrounded by teammates riding e-bikes. But even given that, it's going to be very hard to take him down in the playoffs - most of the time, the team with the best player wins.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Kevin Love does just change that team significantly. He puts up efficient numbers offensively. So they can still run teams out of the building, and Lebron is still not scared of anybody.

I think the team that takes out Lebron in the Eastern playoffs should get a standing ovation. This season for the Raptors has been crazy fun. A ride to the finals while beating Lebron in the process would just be an extra level of awesome.

A small part of me hopes we face him. It would help exorcise those demons from the past. I'm actually no longer score board watching which is really interesting. I don't really give a sh!t who we play in the playoffs anymore. This team is so good that we can beat anybody.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Kevin Love does just change that team significantly. He puts up efficient numbers offensively. So they can still run teams out of the building, and Lebron is still not scared of anybody.

I think the team that takes out Lebron in the Eastern playoffs should get a standing ovation. This season for the Raptors has been crazy fun. A ride to the finals while beating Lebron in the process would just be an extra level of awesome.

A small part of me hopes we face him. It would help exorcise those demons from the past. I'm actually no longer score board watching which is really interesting. I don't really give a sh!t who we play in the playoffs anymore. This team is so good that we can beat anybody.
                  Yeah pretty much agree on scoreboard watching..but with the season winding down there isn't much left to do.

What ails the NewLooks is what ailed the OldLooks. Defence. Love won't help there.

I may be a committee of one but I think neither of the Cavs or Chowderheads get to the second round.

The Cavs are LeBron and the seven dwarfs and the Chowders have to many guys hurt.Irving has the bothersome knee..Smart is out..Thies is done. Horford is showing the strain of a long season and is in and out. It's going to be a very tough for those two teams to advance.

We find out in 6 weeks.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 18, 2018, 12:32 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    One of the reasons Kyle and DeMar faltered is other teams gameplanned for our system and we had no counter for that.

This is going to be an interesting test in that we'll get to see if it was the system itself alone that was the problem, whether it was the lack of counters, or whether it was the players themselves (system, coaching, players). I think it was all three before, so now that we've fixed the first, hopefully the latter two will fix themselves.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Yeah pretty much agree on scoreboard watching..but with the season winding down there isn't much left to do.

What ails the NewLooks is what ailed the OldLooks. Defence. Love won't help there.

I may be a committee of one but I think neither of the Cavs or Chowderheads get to the second round.

The Cavs are LeBron and the seven dwarfs and the Chowders have to many guys hurt.Irving has the bothersome knee..Smart is out..Thies is done. Horford is showing the strain of a long season and is in and out. It's going to be a very tough for those two teams to advance.

We find out in 6 weeks.
                      You're ignoring the fact that the 6/7/8 seeds have all had problems themselves.

Bucks and Heat haven't been able to get their shit together, and the Sixers are still very young.

But none of that really matters, because many of the floating variables right now will change by the time the playoffs roll around.

There's 9 days off between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs this year, and teams could stretch that 2 weeks with rest down the stretch. Guys like Irving and Horford will be fresh. Love will be back.

Way too soon to write off the Cavs/Celtics.

http://www.nba.com/key-dates

Comment

• Wrong thread.

Comment

• Good news is that Boston lost today as well (to the Pelicans), so we didn't give up any ground to them
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Good news is that Boston lost today as well (to the Pelicans), so we didn't give up any ground to them
                            Also cavs back in 3rd seed which is good
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              You're ignoring the fact that the 6/7/8 seeds have all had problems themselves.

Bucks and Heat haven't been able to get their shit together, and the Sixers are still very young.

But none of that really matters, because many of the floating variables right now will change by the time the playoffs roll around.

There's 9 days off between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs this year, and teams could stretch that 2 weeks with rest down the stretch. Guys like Irving and Horford will be fresh. Love will be back.

Way too soon to write off the Cavs/Celtics.

http://www.nba.com/key-dates
                              I think its 3 days....between the end of the Reg Season (april 11) and the playoffs (april 14)
                              And in 3 days .. the Cavs aren't going to be any better defensively than they are today.... which is poor to piss poor.

The Celtics are just running out of players...
                              Smart will be out... Thies will be out.... Irvings knees will still have tendinitis and AL Horford can live in a hyperbaric chamber for 3 days but he will still be sore as he has taken a pounding this year. Think Brown should be out of concussion protocol by then and hope he is OK... but the Chowderheads will be light on their complement of rotation bodies.

Yeah teams in the 6 7 8 slot have problems by definition... thats why they are in the 6 7 8 slots....but all those teams play better defence than the Cavs do ... and all those teams will have all their players available unlike the Chowderheads....Its going to be exciting for a change.

We will see what happens in 6 weeks after the first round is about done or is done.
                              - TGO

Comment

• The Cavs aren't going to lose in the first round unless they fall to 8th and play us.

You need to stop smoking whatever it is you're on.

Comment

Working...
                                X