Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Welcome to my ignore list, not like you provide anything productive when you post anyway. Other than jinxes.
    Your welcome. I am sure it’s a solid list of suspects.

Enjoy your time out.

#boston still sux
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Looking at the current standing, the only team in the bottom 4 that I feel confident the Celtics would beat are the Pacers. Bucks/Wiz/76ers would all give them a run for their money, in a first round match up.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Looking at the current standing, the only team in the bottom 4 that I feel confident the Celtics would beat are the Pacers. Bucks/Wiz/76ers would all give them a run for their money, in a first round match up.
        Yep and we'd just breeze through those 3 teams no problem.

Comment

The Wiz always scare me because they've got some sort of psychological edge for some reason, we just can't play against them, but I have zero concern about the other two.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No we'd sweep the Wizards.

Comment

No we'd sweep the Wizards.
              really? lol Wiz are tough.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I can't help but wonder what the Celts would be if Rondo stayed healthy last year. Bounced in the 1st round, and likely a less desirable free agent destination for Hayward, and likely a LOT less hype coming into this season.
                Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

You say your not a Celtic fan but, so defensive when it comes to them. Always quick to remind us of the raptors flaws though...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    You say your not a Celtic fan but, so defensive when it comes to them. Always quick to remind us of the raptors flaws though...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    You can accuse me of being a Celtics fan until the cows come home, it doesn't change the fact that I fucking hate them like anyone else here does.

However just because I hate them doesn't mean I can't acknowledge their abilities. You tried to diminish them by saying they'll struggle with the bottom 4 East seeds... Well so would we, and so have we the past several years. It's the pot calling the kettle black. Boston is our closest rival in the east right now, even though their record is better I'd say both teams are at a pretty similar level. They're an elite defense with a slightly above average offense. We're an elite offense with a slightly above average defense. Both teams have similar netRTGs and similar expected win percentages.

The reason I don't just mindlessly shit on them is because they are a threat. This team always plays down 2 or 3 notches in the playoffs. We can't afford to do that against them because they're right there with us and might have homecourt advantage to boot. I talk about them in this light because the last thing I want to fucking do is get knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics. I talk about the Raptors flaws because i want them corrected so we're at a HIGHER LEVEL than the Celtics going into the playoffs so even with our usual dropoff we can still beat them.

So yeah keep on with this bullshit of calling me a Celtics fan because I acknowledge that they're a very good and very well coached team; you, Demo Shift, KeonClark and anyone else who wants to push that BS narrative.

Comment

You can accuse me of being a Celtics fan until the cows come home, it doesn't change the fact that I fucking hate them like anyone else here does.

However just because I hate them doesn't mean I can't acknowledge their abilities. You tried to diminish them by saying they'll struggle with the bottom 4 East seeds... Well so would we, and so have we the past several years. It's the pot calling the kettle black. Boston is our closest rival in the east right now, even though their record is better I'd say both teams are at a pretty similar level. They're an elite defense with a slightly above average offense. We're an elite offense with a slightly above average defense. Both teams have similar netRTGs and similar expected win percentages.

The reason I don't just mindlessly shit on them is because they are a threat. This team always plays down 2 or 3 notches in the playoffs. We can't afford to do that against them because they're right there with us and might have homecourt advantage to boot. I talk about them in this light because the last thing I want to fucking do is get knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics. I talk about the Raptors flaws because i want them corrected so we're at a HIGHER LEVEL than the Celtics going into the playoffs so even with our usual dropoff we can still beat them.

So yeah keep on with this bullshit of calling me a Celtics fan because I acknowledge that they're a very good and very well coached team; you, Demo Shift, KeonClark and anyone else who wants to push that BS narrative.
                      Think of this as a Trump rally. Who wants to hear anything positive about the Democrats, whether it's true or not?
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Think of this as a Trump rally. Who wants to hear anything positive about the Democrats, whether it's true or not?
                        This board is so ridiculously blinded by it's hate for the Celtics that it creates it's own false reality lol

We are not the better team now and won't be in the near future pending a miracle trade. They are far better coached, they have the proven Playoff performers, they are ahead in the standings for a reason, their core is younger only ENTERING their prime not leaving it (ie/ Lowry and Ibaka) and they have a boatload of assets to only further widen the gap. That's not being a "Celtics' lover/fan", those are just cold hard facts our delusional fanbase needs to come to terms with.

Now all that said, unless your team has LeBron in the East....you can be beaten in the Playoffs out in our conference. Especially this year when BOS hasn't as yet added that last piece via trade and while this group is on Year 1 together (doing so without their second best player who should return, another thing Rap fans conveniently glaze over) and while Brown and Tatum are still pups but odds do favor them. But yes absolutely I do give our team a chance to beat them in a series right now and do hate them equally...all of these things are true and too bad this board doesn't accept the same simple truth.

Comment

• "Guys, we all hate the Celtics, but I need you to please, please, PLEASE admit they're good. I just need you to do so, ok? Say it. Say that they're good. Do it now! PLEASE!!!"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            "Guys, we all hate the Celtics, but I need you to please, please, PLEASE admit they're good. I just need you to do so, ok? Say it. Say that they're good. Do it now! PLEASE!!!"
                            #fakegood
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

"Guys, we all hate the Celtics, but I need you to please, please, PLEASE admit they're good. I just need you to do so, ok? Say it. Say that they're good. Do it now! PLEASE!!!"
                              I said that last year. "".

Comment

The celtics are go--
                                The boston celtics are actually pretty goooo....
                                The boston celtics basketball team is kind of goo..gooo...gooooood GOD ALMIGHTY STEAMING STINKING PILES OF TRASH

The celtics are trash. The god damn celtics are trash.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X