Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    I swear I've only read pessimistic posts from you in the past. Glad to see the change of heart

I can only agree. Even with Cavs moves I think we're better overall, but it will be vs Cavs, LBJ, refs and NBA to get there. If Houston is the opponent we have a fighting chance... if its GSW, there's not much of a chance - even though we play them tight all the time.
    Raptors excellent play all around is creating a new type of fan.I call them the "bandwagon nonhater".They can't seem to find much this year to complain about.

Comment

• dAMN

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I think we win it this season.

And by "it" I mean the title. I'm a pessimist normally but this is the year. Things just seem to be shifting a bit in the right ways. I think Houston upsets Golden State and then OG puts Harden in his pocket in the finals en route to a Raptors win in 6.
        Bold prediction. I like it. Seeding is the most important issue moving forward in second half.

Comment

• Need to get the #1 seed (I'm talking overall btw, not just in the east). I think the one team that we simply cannot beat in a series is Golden State which is why we need Houston or OKC to knock them out for us.

Comment

Need to get the #1 seed (I'm talking overall btw, not just in the east). I think the one team that we simply cannot beat in a series is Golden State which is why we need Houston or OKC to knock them out for us.
            Don't see Houston slowing down, their record is pretty ridiculous when healthy. I'd be satisfied with HCA throughout the East... if Houston gets out of the West that means they're even more dangerous than Golden State.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Don't see Houston slowing down, their record is pretty ridiculous when healthy. I'd be satisfied with HCA throughout the East... if Houston gets out of the West that means they're even more dangerous than Golden State.
              If Houston gets out of the west it's because they got hot as hell and outshot the Warriors for enough games to win a series. They aren't actually better than them.

With Houston I can at least see a path to guarding them, particularly their stars. CP3 is one of the few all-star PGs that doesn't really have any athletic advantage over Lowry, nor is he a particularly lethal scorer I think Kyle can guard him and trade with him in a series if he plays well. OG looked good against Harden earlier this year, plus Harden plays a style that's been proven to be stoppable in the playoffs (he regularly underperforms in the postseason). I think that's because he doesn't really have a good in-between game at all and he's over-reliant on getting to the line. Other than that they don't have guys who are individually great just very, very good shooters. A motivated JV will neutralize Capela on the glass with his size and strength advantage and also be able to pull him out of the paint with his newfound range on offense.

Golden State I just don't see how we could possibly beat them. DeRozan just doesn't have the defensive awareness to prevent Klay from getting a lot of open looks and I don't think Lowry (or anyone really) can guard Curry. Durant is just highly fucking problematic and OG doesn't have a chance against him, he's way too dynamic offensively.

Our best bet would be to try and go big constantly and bully them inside, but I don't think we'd be able to keep up with them offensively trading 2s for 3s or get enough stops on the other end. Kerr will ramp up the Big 4s minutes so our bench advantage will be less significant.

Comment

I think we win it this season.

And by "it" I mean the title. I'm a pessimist normally but this is the year. Things just seem to be shifting a bit in the right ways. I think Houston upsets Golden State and then OG puts Harden in his pocket in the finals en route to a Raptors win in 6.
                Shaolin, nooooo!!! You are the one who is supposed to start the reverse jinx thread, remember? Everything you predict turns out opposite, like George Costanza, lol. No go back and write down all the reasons why “the Toronto Raptors will not win the NBA championship in 2018”. You have the power. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If Houston gets out of the west it's because they got hot as hell and outshot the Warriors for enough games to win a series. They aren't actually better than them.

With Houston I can at least see a path to guarding them, particularly their stars. CP3 is one of the few all-star PGs that doesn't really have any athletic advantage over Lowry, nor is he a particularly lethal scorer I think Kyle can guard him and trade with him in a series if he plays well. OG looked good against Harden earlier this year, plus Harden plays a style that's been proven to be stoppable in the playoffs (he regularly underperforms in the postseason). I think that's because he doesn't really have a good in-between game at all and he's over-reliant on getting to the line. Other than that they don't have guys who are individually great just very, very good shooters. A motivated JV will neutralize Capela on the glass with his size and strength advantage and also be able to pull him out of the paint with his newfound range on offense.
                  Lowry doesn't have ice in his veins though. He's a regular season paper champion. CP3 is the real deal, let's not fool ourselves here.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Lowry doesn't have ice in his veins though. He's a regular season paper champion. CP3 is the real deal, let's not fool ourselves here.
                    Ah yes cp3 with all his deep playoff runs
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Ah yes cp3 with all his deep playoff runs
                      Are we seriously having this conversation?

CP3
                      Career Playoff Per: 25.8
                      Kyle "Regular Season" Lowry
                      Career Playoff Per: 15.0

CP3
                      Career Playoff Per Game(PPG/AST/STL/TO/FG%/FT%): 25.3/9.4/2.2/2.7/48.4%/38.1%
                      Career Playoff Per Game(PPG/AST/STL/TO/FG%/FT%): 14.9/4.8/1.3/1.5/39.4%/31.4%

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Are we seriously having this conversation?

CP3
                        Career Playoff Per: 25.8
                        Career Playoff Per: 15.0

CP3
                        Career Playoff Per Game(PPG/AST/STL/TO/FG%/FT%): 25.3/9.4/2.2/2.7/48.4%/38.1%
                        Career Playoff Per Game(PPG/AST/STL/TO/FG%/FT%): 14.9/4.8/1.3/1.5/39.4%/31.4%
                        Yes that is fair. But CP3 still hasnt won big and I agree with the premise we could go toe to toe with Houston

Comment

Yes that is fair. But CP3 still hasnt won big and I agree with the premise we could go toe to toe with Houston
                          I think Houston takes the Raptors in six in the best case imaginable case without injuries. The Raptors don't have the PG they need to go all the way.

No offense to Kyle. He's a good player but he's not the total stud some people make him out to be and he's proven it time and time again.

Comment

• Agree with Apollo.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Thankfully that's a problem for the NBA finals, which if we were there would already be a absolute dream come true and you're playing with house money

Comment

Thankfully that's a problem for the NBA finals, which if we were there would already be a absolute dream come true and you're playing with house money
                                I agree 100%! These are rich fan problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X