Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Oh, well then no way they get to bottom 5, not remotely.
    Totally disagree. In the east only Atlanta and ORL would be worse and in the west maybe Phoenix and Sacramento.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Totally disagree. In the east only Atlanta and ORL would be worse and in the west maybe Phoenix and Sacramento.
      Considering how little you think of the non-elite star talent on this team, you sure give them a lot of credit for the team's success.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Considering how little you think of the non-elite star talent on this team, you sure give them a lot of credit for the team's success.
        Yeah, because they are very good players just not great enough to dominate in the playoffs. You take Lowry, Ibaka, DeMar and JV off this team and it's not a good team. Especially if you don't bring back FVV (which I wouldn't in a tanking scenario). That's 5 of the 6 biggest win drivers on the team (minus OG) gone.

Comment

Yeah, because they are very good players just not great enough to dominate in the playoffs. You take Lowry, Ibaka, DeMar and JV off this team and it's not a good team. Especially if you don't bring back FVV (which I wouldn't in a tanking scenario). That's 5 of the 6 biggest win drivers on the team (minus OG) gone.
          I didn't say they'd be a good team. I said they'd be a mediocre to below average team, not a terrible one. Which is not where you want to be.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we don't bring back Fred, which I agree we shouldn't do if we're tanking, you may be right about us being bad enough. But if we sign Bud and don't tank like Masai has made clear he isn't doing (or has seemed to have made clear) would you follow this team next season?
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I didn't say they'd be a good team. I said they'd be a mediocre to below average team, not a terrible one. Which is not where you want to be.
              I think if we don't bring back Fred he may be right. I don't know if Wright, Poeltl, Siakam and OG as starters night in and night out is mediocre. Love them but I don't know about that
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Like, I could see that team dropping to like 30-32 wins, maybe, at worst. That would put them... 10th in this year's lotto. That's the yucky middle ground this team has been in over and over again. Better to approach these two years carefully, extract the maximum they can from every asset (heck, if the awesome deals you are convinced are out there right now for Ibaka and JV are really out there, they should go to town), and truly bottom out in a couple years if that's the direction they take.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Like, I could see that team dropping to like 30-32 wins, maybe, at worst. That would put them... 10th in this year's lotto. That's the yucky middle ground this team has been in over and over again. Better to approach these two years carefully, extract the maximum they can from every asset (heck, if the awesome deals you are convinced are out there right now for Ibaka and JV are really out there, they should go to town), and truly bottom out in a couple years if that's the direction they take.
                  Good point. 10th in the lotto would be the worst case scenario so it is best to stay away from that.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Good point. 10th in the lotto would be the worst case scenario so it is best to stay away from that.
                    To be fair, Masai has drafted good players late first round, at 10th pick, knowing him, he’d draft the next Kobe.

Comment

I think if we don't bring back Fred he may be right. I don't know if Wright, Poeltl, Siakam and OG as starters night in and night out is mediocre. Love them but I don't know about that
                      It isn't mediocre it's bad.

And if it is good it's because one of them turned into a star, which is fine. That's a team that wins 20-29 games.

Comment

• Yeah 10th, because there are 9 teams in the league worse than a Wright-OG-Siakam-Poeltl core. Come on man.

Comment

If we don't bring back Fred, which I agree we shouldn't do if we're tanking, you may be right about us being bad enough. But if we sign Bud and don't tank like Masai has made clear he isn't doing (or has seemed to have made clear) would you follow this team next season?
                          I'll follow this team because I love them like everyone else here. But I'd be fucking annoyed tbh.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            To be fair, Masai has drafted good players late first round, at 10th pick, knowing him, he’d draft the next Kobe.
                            Sure, but that's not the argument used. Based on that logic, we could stay at 20+ and get Masai to draft us some Kyle Lowry's, Draymond Green's, Nikola Jokic's, Jimmy Butler's, etc. Or just make a select few moves to stay competitive while selling some pieces to get into the middle of the first round in a couple drafts.

The entire argument is getting into the top 5 where the true game changers are more likely to be. The odds fall off pretty dramatically outside of that based on statistical models (frankly, outside the top 3).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah 10th, because there are 9 teams in the league worse than a Wright-OG-Siakam-Poeltl core. Come on man.
                              Our bench produced what? - a +7 or +8 NETRTG this year, and you'd expect that to go negative under a good coach? I would expect they decline, as they often faced other benches, but they also faced starting groups and kept/built leads, and even closed out games.

That team would fight for the playoffs, and would finish late lotto.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                Our bench produced what? - a +7 or +8 NETRTG this year, and you'd expect that to go negative under a good coach? I would expect they decline, as they often faced other benches, but they also faced starting groups and kept/built leads, and even closed out games.

That team would fight for the playoffs, and would finish late lotto.
                                Yes I would expect it to go negative. They aren't going to be able to win consistently against starters, especially with a crap bench of misfits and bad contracts behind them.

Comment

Working...
                                X