Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    They don’t look unstoppable by any means, but the amount of firepower that team has is crazy.
    I'm just going over the advanced metrics.... they beat us in a few areas, we beat them in a few areas. It's as close as two teams can be. I say if we were to face them in the Finals, we have a legit chance.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Every time I watch Houston I marvel at how they can be winning so many games. I guess it comes down to making a lot of threes and Harden getting his 30. As others have noted they play ugly basketball.....nothing like D'Antoni's exciting to watch Nash/Suns teams. All iso ball and endless three pointers, half of them bricks. I just can't see any way Golden State shouldn't beat them handily yet when they play it's always close. I'd like to think they made Boston look good tonight. Greg Monroe (!) had his way with them and Boston had many, many wide open jumpers. At home I think the Raptors have a good chance if the refs are fair.

Comment

• The NewLooks are starting to leak oil. 1 and 3 on the homestand with 1 more before they head out west on a 6 game tour. In that junket they get 3 west playoff teams who need to win on a nightly basis (you can go from 3rd to 7th in one night)... a reunion with Isiah Thomas in LA and the pitiful tanking Suns and the less pitiful but still tanking Bulls... Think they go 3 and 3 at best.

It would be very Un Lebron like... but is it possible he takes a page from Carmello Anthonys playbook when things go south in a hurry and comes down with a mysterious injury that will sideline him.

The Chowders lost one late... over the 82 game season things do even out. Those yokels won games shooting 33% from the floor.... so when you shoot over 50% from 3 while taking 25 or so and lose its newtons 3rd law in action. Karma's a bitch.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 4, 2018, 11:13 AM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• The Rockets play too much like the Raps of the past few years. GSW will crush them in the playoffs, if Houston makes it that far. Any team that can somewhat defend Harden and CP3 will have a chance at beating them. They are near bottom of the league in assists and assist percentage, Raps fans know what that means. Their D is good, which is what gives them a chance at winning so many games, but their style will catch up with them in the playoffs.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            The Rockets play too much like the Raps of the past few years. GSW will crush them in the playoffs, if Houston makes it that far. Any team that can somewhat defend Harden and CP3 will have a chance at beating them. They are near bottom of the league in assists and assist percentage, Raps fans know what that means. Their D is good, which is what gives them a chance at winning so many games, but their style will catch up with them in the playoffs.
            I haven't watched them but if this is true I still think they don't struggle the same way Raptors did. Mainly because James and Chris are MUCH better at ISO and just scoring in general than Demar and Kyle. Also I'm not certain of this but I believe Harden and Paul show up in the playoffs where as Kyle and Demar do not
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Harden hasn't had much success in the playoffs either. His Rocket's team has made the playoffs 5 times (not including this year). He's had three first round knock outs. Went to the WCF one time, and lost in the second round the other time. West is tough though.

Their system is flawed.. and if you have a good team/coach playing against you it could be tough. But they are really talented. So we'll see what happens I guess.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I haven't watched them but if this is true I still think they don't struggle the same way Raptors did. Mainly because James and Chris are MUCH better at ISO and just scoring in general than Demar and Kyle. Also I'm not certain of this but I believe Harden and Paul show up in the playoffs where as Kyle and Demar do not
                you're right, they are better suited to that style than Kyle or demar. But it makes them more vulnerable than it seems IMO. They have the best offence in the league, and remember, the Raps had one of the best offences last season, and for a good stretch, had the best offence in league history. Harden also has his struggles in the playoffs, not to the extent that Lowry has, but he isn't regular season Harden either. Honestly, it's their D that makes them scary, cause that can keep them in games if Harden/CP3 are struggling a little. But if a team has a couple of decent defenders to disrupt Harden and CP3 in the ISO game, they will struggle. I honestly think the Jazz could give them a hard time if they meet in the first round.

Comment

• So we have 5 remaining games vs WC teams - Mavs, OKC, Denver, LAC and Houston. The only one we've beaten this year - Houston.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    So we have 5 remaining games vs WC teams - Mavs, OKC, Denver, LAC and Houston. The only one we've beaten this year - Houston.
                    Damn. I remember the loss to both Mavs and OKC. Mavs beat Raps with smarts and OKC beat them with sheer athleticism. I would like to see the Raps raise their game on these two matches, prove your players can be smart when needed too and match athleticism/physicality as well.

Denver is such a good shooting team, they may be along with Houston the only 2 teams that can potentially knock off The Warriors in the playoffs.

Clippers was such a trash pathetic loss, inexcusable.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      So we have 5 remaining games vs WC teams - Mavs, OKC, Denver, LAC and Houston. The only one we've beaten this year - Houston.
                      Those losses were all among the worst of the year. They can't sleep on any of those teams but I think Raps will go 3 and 2. Denver can look amazing sometimes and then not. I feel that OKC is a bad matchup for us as Westbrook can't be guarded by Lowry or Derozan, George is a handful for anyone and Adams neutralizes JV and Poeltl. Clippers and Mavs should be wins. Other than the Mavs they are all wanting to win badly so games should be intense

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        The NewLooks are starting to leak oil. 1 and 3 on the homestand with 1 more before they head out west on a 6 game tour. In that junket they get 3 west playoff teams who need to win on a nightly basis (you can go from 3rd to 7th in one night)... a reunion with Isiah Thomas in LA and the pitiful tanking Suns and the less pitiful but still tanking Bulls... Think they go 3 and 3 at best.

It would be very Un Lebron like... but is it possible he takes a page from Carmello Anthonys playbook when things go south in a hurry and comes down with a mysterious injury that will sideline him.

The Chowders lost one late... over the 82 game season things do even out. Those yokels won games shooting 33% from the floor.... so when you shoot over 50% from 3 while taking 25 or so and lose its newtons 3rd law in action. Karma's a bitch.
                        Cleveland didn't only lose, the Cavs looked awful. They just can't stop anyone. The Nuggets guards just ran wild and got whatever they wanted. Denver shot close to 55% from the field and from three. I keep saying I'm not making any calls until Love gets back but this team does not look good at all.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Cleveland didn't only lose, the Cavs looked awful. They just can't stop anyone. The Nuggets guards just ran wild and got whatever they wanted. Denver shot close to 55% from the field and from three. I keep saying I'm not making any calls until Love gets back but this team does not look good at all.
                          "The Cavaliers' bigger problem is that they're giving up a league-high 17.3 3-point attempts per game with no defender closer than six feet (called "wide open")."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ewarded-drives

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            S.R. wrote: View Post
                            "The Cavaliers' bigger problem is that they're giving up a league-high 17.3 3-point attempts per game with no defender closer than six feet (called "wide open")."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ewarded-drives

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                            The NewLooks gave up a 100 before the 4th Q to the Nuggets. A 100!!! 126 in total. Their defense is really bad. They have no rim protection inside. Mason freaking Plumlee beat them up inside. Mason Plumlee.

Harris and Murray and Barton took shot after uncontested shot from the perimeter.

Jesus they suck. Ty Lue is a good man but he doesn't look like he has much of a plan to stop the hemorrhaging on defence.

Kevin Love has a broken hand and they are making noises about him coming back in March. A broken hand on average takes a couple months to heal up and then there is the task of getting in game shape. I think they are panicking to try and get him back earlier. Love will add to the offense but they don't need the help there and Kevin Love and defence don't often appear in the same sentence.

If they don't go 3 and 3 on the road trip ... don't think they finish higher than 5th or 6th. If they go 2 and 4. I think its 6th and if the Wiz land in 3rd... The Wiz bounce the NewLooks in the first round.

Whats almost incomprehensible is that the huckster tweedle dumb and tweedle dee analysts on ESPN/TNT are still on the bandwagon that this team is still going to play in the finals despite giving up 110 a game since the trade. They are where they have been all season... 28th ranked in team defensive rating. How the hell do you pick a team to play in the finals when they can't guard a chair.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 4, 2018, 04:51 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              The NewLooks gave up a 100 before the 4th Q to the Nuggets. A 100!!! 126 in total. Their defense is really bad. They have no rim protection inside. Mason freaking Plumlee beat them up inside. Mason Plumlee.

Harris and Murray and Barton took shot after uncontested shot.

Jesus they suck. Ty Lue is a good man but he doesn't look like he has much of a plan to stop the hemorrhaging on defence.

Kevin Love has a broken hand and they are making noises about him coming back in March. A broken hand on average takes a couple months to heal up and then there is the task of getting in game shape. I think they are panicking to try and get him back earlier. Love will add to the offense but they don't need the help there and Kevin Love and defence don't often appear in the same sentence.

If they don't go 3 and 3 on the road trip ... don't think they finish higher than 5th or 6th. If they go 2 and 4. I think its 6th and if the Wiz land in 3rd... The Wiz bounce the NewLooks in the first round.

Whats almost incomprehensible is that the huckster tweedle dumb and tweedle dee analysts on ESPN/TNT are still on the bandwagon that this team is still going to play in the finals despite giving up 110 a game since the trade. They are where they have been all season... 28th ranked in team defensive rating. How the hell do you pick a team to play in the finals when they can't guard a chair.
                              You simply can't count out a LeBron James team.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The hell happened to this guy?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X