Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like KD might not play in his next game (although they are playing the Kings so they'll probably still win). Raptors are only 1 game back from the Warriors for 2nd best team in the league.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Just want to give a random shout out to Stan van Gundy (another guy we wanted to replace Casey).

Is he going to get canned from one or both his jobs this off-season? Is he even going to last till the off-season?
      I think what it shows is that the GM/player personnel, president, and coaching roles are all way, way too big now for any one person to do effectively. Plus, there are too many potential conflicts of interest. What may be good for a team now might not be good going forward and upper management needs to keep the bigger picture in mind while the coaches focus on the day-to-day stuff.

Van Gundy was right in the sense that a coach needs to have players and a plan he believes in and is committed to implementing but he was wrong in thinking the only way to achieve that is to have one man running everything. I think a lot of it with SVG stems from when Riley knifed him in Miami and Howard screwed him in Orlando - he didn't want that to happen again and if he went out it would be on his terms, which is fair enough.

Comment

• I think Stan the coach over ruled Stan the GM on personnel decisions. Some guys just piss coaches off for any variety of reasons. The GM can smooth things over and if he sees talent in the player...make the coach use the player in a conventional setup.
        In Detroit SVG the coach has made a few eyebrow raising decisions.
        The first gash was signing Reggie Bullock to a long term deal. Stan may have liked him.but the players didn’t. To add salt to the wound.he’s usually hurt. Not sure that CaldwellPope was an exemplary citizen but he did give them perimeter shooting and he got let go for nothing. After getting Tobias Harrison and Avery Bradley for nothing Stan rolled the dice and wound up rolling snake eyes in a deal for a power forward he didn’t need who has the heart and competitive spirit of a field mouse in Griffin.

Mix in the picks of Stanley Johnson who makes Terrance Ross look like a stud and a soon to be Euro Leagurer in Henry Ellison and you go from a promising team perhaps a couple of moves away from being good to dog poop in 2 years.

Stan’s got a very good C...an all star caliber PF who doesn’t want to be there...no wings to speak of and a journeyman PG with no one on the depth chart. He also has no 1st round picks this year and appears to have no cap room.

I think Stan sleeps with the fishes at seasons end.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 16, 2018, 02:44 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yeah.. the past few years have proven that not all coach's know how to play GM. Phil in NY was a disaster. SVG in Detroit.

On the other hand Thibs has been pretty good. He did bring Butler over and will finally make the playoffs.

I suspect Detroit will fire him completely and hire a new pres and coach in the summer. The Griffin trade was probably him trying to save his job and it backfired completely.
          As a player, it takes a lot of trust when the guy who decides when you play and what role you’re in, also has power over your paycheck and shipping you out of there. Another problem is when the GM starts making short-term moves to prop up his coaching record like SVG just did with Griffin.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            I think Stan the coach over ruled Stan the GM on personnel decisions. Some guys just piss coaches off for any variety of reasons. The GM can smooth things over and if he sees talent in the player...make the coach use the player in a conventional setup.
            In Detroit SVG the coach has made a few eyebrow raising decisions.
            The first gash was signing Reggie Bullock to a long term deal. Stan may have liked him.but the players didn’t. To add salt to the wound.he’s usually hurt. Not sure that CaldwellPope was an exemplary citizen but he did give them perimeter shooting and he got let go for nothing. After getting Tobias Harrison and Avery Bradley for nothing Stan rolled the dice and wound up rolling snake eyes in a deal for a power forward he didn’t need who has the heart and competitive spirit of a field mouse in Griffin.

Mix in the picks of Stanley Johnson who makes Terrance Ross look like a stud and a soon to be Euro Leagurer in Henry Ellison and you go from a promising team perhaps a couple of moves away from being good to dog poop in 2 years.

Stan’s got a very good C...an all star caliber PF who doesn’t want to be there...no wings to speak of and a journeyman PG with no one on the depth chart. He also has no 1st round picks this year and appears to have no cap room.

I think Stan sleeps with the fishes at seasons end.
            Stan's got too much on his plate to be effective .

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Stan's got too much on his plate to be effective .
              Hey! That's fat!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't see the issue with acquiring griffin, especially as a short term move. The dude's got 4 more years on his contract. They have time to make it work with him on the roster. Not that I'm defending Stan but if you got a chance to get an all-star caliber player, you take it. Problem is Stan isn't a great coach and the rest of that roster is trash.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  I don't see the issue with acquiring griffin, especially as a short term move. The dude's got 4 more years on his contract. They have time to make it work with him on the roster. Not that I'm defending Stan but if you got a chance to get an all-star caliber player, you take it. Problem is Stan isn't a great coach and the rest of that roster is trash.
                  The other problem is Blake Griffin is no longer an all star caliber play, and actually not even really close. He doesn't rebound with any effort, he lolly gags around the perimeter and jacks inefficient shots and inefficient rates. I was defending it too at first but I was wrong, he's going the way of Carmelo and Rudy Gay

Comment

• Already making excuses for that 2nd round exit....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Already making excuses for that 2nd round exit....

Don't let the Eastern Conference gate hit ya, where the good lawd split ya!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Already making excuses for that 2nd round exit....

Lebron after a win: "I am like fine wine."
                        Lebron after a loss: "When is Kevin Love coming back?" *Instagrams himself dunking* "Look at me!"

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LeBron is full of excuses man. Smh. Most team's all star player doesn't have an all star teammate like Lillard in Portland - you never hear him complain though.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            The other problem is Blake Griffin is no longer an all star caliber play, and actually not even really close. He doesn't rebound with any effort, he lolly gags around the perimeter and jacks inefficient shots and inefficient rates. I was defending it too at first but I was wrong, he's going the way of Carmelo and Rudy Gay
                            you might be right, but I gotta wonder if he is properly motivated. I think the right situation would get the best out of him, and Detroit certainly isn't that. I mean, Drummond doesn't even seem to care half the time.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              LeBron is full of excuses man. Smh. Most team's all star player doesn't have an all star teammate like Lillard in Portland - you never hear him complain though.
                              I envision the ACC singing "nanana, hey hey hey, goodbye" In the last few minutes of game 5 vs cavs and I literally start to salivate

Comment

• Sac beats GSW tonight. Raptors now have the same record as the Golden State Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X