Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope RR is more stable today. I actually had enough time to get some work done yesterday (and I really didn't feel like working). Hope today is a better day

Comment

• Anyone hear about the expose done on the Dallas Mavericks and how their former president was a scum bag. Of course Cuban is denying he knew anything about it.. but as a hands on owner I'm sure he's full of bull-sh!t:
      https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/da...cuban-response

While sources referred to the Mavericks office as a “locker room culture,” the team’s actual locker room was a refuge. Says one female former senior staffer: “I dealt with players all the time. I had hundreds of interactions with players and never once had an issue…they always knew how to treat people. Then I'd go to the office and it was this zoo, this complete shitshow. My anxiety would go down dealing with players; it would go up when I got to my desk.”

A half-dozen female former Mavericks or American Airlines Center employees contacted by SI claim that they left the sports sector because of a work environment and structure that left them feeling vulnerable and devalued while protecting—and continuing to employ—powerful men who misbehaved. “There was built-in protection for a lot of men,” says a former male department head at American Airlines Center. “The lack of oversight and compassion within all levels of the business was alarming.”

“You don’t feel safe going to work and it’s not long before you look for another job,” says one of those women, now employed in a different sector. “And then you wonder why there aren’t more women working in sports. Really?”

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Anyone hear about the expose done on the Dallas Mavericks and how their former president was a scum bag. Of course Cuban is denying he knew anything about it.. but as a hands on owner I'm sure he's full of bull-sh!t:
        https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/da...cuban-response
        Kind of shocking to me. Let’s hope it’s an isolated incident and it’s not a league-wide problem.

Comment

• The one positive takeaway from this article is that the players in the locker room were the people who behaved respectfully.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Kind of shocking to me. Let’s hope it’s an isolated incident and it’s not a league-wide problem.
            There were some wild stories and accusations from the Knicks office a few years back involved Isiah Thomas and Marbury if I recall.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              There were some wild stories and accusations from the Knicks office a few years back involved Isiah Thomas and Marbury if I recall.
              Not just stories and innuendo. It actually 110% happened and Thomas lost nearly 12 million dollars in a lawsuit decided by jury.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Not just stories and innuendo. It actually 110% happened and Thomas lost nearly 12 million dollars in a lawsuit decided by jury.
                  It was the Knicks and Dolan who were sued and lost. Ended up settling for a reported $11.5 million. Thomas part ended in a mistrial.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Honesty is the most expensive policy.

Comment

• Meh 600,000 is peanuts for Cuban. That's like a $50 fine to a regular person.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Meh 600,000 is peanuts for Cuban. That's like a $50 fine to a regular person.
                        He's much more worried about the #MeToo fiasco unfolding beneath his feet lol

Comment

Meh 600,000 is peanuts for Cuban. That's like a $50 fine to a regular person.

Comment

• This. 100%

Mamba Mentality

Comment

This. 100%

LeBron will get ridiculed for that everyone going "yeah that's how you made all your finals" but I agree too.

Best in my conference vs best in yours is a tradition of all 4 major sports. You take it out and there's a whole nother can of worms, like the unbalanced regular season schedule for example

Comment

This. 100%

Yeah this is largely a media driven thing. I know Silver said the NBA would be studying and investigating its options and then maybe they'll do some synergizing and outreaching as well... so pretty much everything short of any substantive changes that would piss off the owners in the east who aren't going to let any potential playoff revenue move out of their pockets.

This stuff gets fuelled mostly by media types who have no monetary stake in the game.The players aren't screaming for it. The owners don't have it as a must have CBA item. The NBA is a TV money driven league and close to 65% of the eyeballs who watch their product and buy their merchandise reside in the eastern US. No one who has even a moderate grasp of business save for MSM NBA writers would advocate dropping the TV market in say Philadelphia or Chicago or NYC in favour of Memphis or Oklahoma City if a one through 16 playoff structure that the media thumps the tub for under the banner of how much stronger the Western Conference is than the East.

This Western supremacy stuff is starting to get tedious as well... A quick look at the league wide standings shows the following

- of the top 10 teams by win loss record ... 6 are in the East and 4 are in the West
                                - of the bottom feeders ... the Tanking Ten so to speak....show an even split 5 East and 5 West...
                                - on win loss.. The East vs West totals are 160up and 176down for the East ... 48% win factor.... not exactly totally lopsided

Hard to see the playoff structure changing in view of the myth of competitive balance of west vs east but even harder to believe that with the basic economics of the idea potentially hurting eastern owners and ticking off the TV guys who write the big cheques to the NBA that their advertising revenue is not reaching the top population markets ...that the changed playoff structure hunts at all.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 21, 2018, 06:49 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X