Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    reading the meltdown comments on Spurs Talk is wild.

Comment

I'm listening to William Lou podcast and he mentions that Carroll and Patterson in Cavs series last year had COMBINED 13 points. Holy fuck
      Jack rightly brings this up all the time - DD and Lowry catch all the playoff performance flak, but key role players have really, really sucked at critical points the last couple years too.

They had Tucker, Carroll, and PP to throw at Lebron last spring - the D on him should not have been the joke it was.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

reading the meltdown comments on Spurs Talk is wild.
        Oh no, the most successful franchise in North American sports over the last 20 years is finally having a subpar season (though they still have an MVP caliber player on the roster whenever he gets healthy, and they still have a good shot at making the playoffs)
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Philly looks like they have a great shot at the 3rd seed. 17 games left, 12 of those vs sub .500 teams. And of the 5 games vs teams with winning records, exactly zero are road games.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Philly looks like they have a great shot at the 3rd seed. 17 games left, 12 of those vs sub .500 teams. And of the 5 games vs teams with winning records, exactly zero are road games.
            ... So the Cavs will not have homecourt in the first round potentially?

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              Best case scenario

1 Toronto
              2 Boston
              3 Washinton
              4 Indiana
              5 Philadelphia
              6 Cavs or Bucks
              7 Bucks or Cavs
              8 Heat

Worst case scenario

1 Toronto
              2 Boston
              3 Indiana
              4 Cavs
              5 Philadelphia
              6 Washinton
              7 Heat
              8 Bucks
              I would rather play the Bucks than the Heat. And I would love to see a Celtics vs. Heat Series in Round 1.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
                I would rather play the Bucks than the Heat. And I would love to see a Celtics vs. Heat Series in Round 1.
                I don't really know why but I would rather play the Bucks than the Heat as well. I hope the Heat keep winning. Something about how hard and scrappy they play, also Dragic always goes off on us and they have an amazing coach. I may be wrong for thinking that but I find the Heat play us very well.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I don't really know why but I would rather play the Bucks than the Heat as well. I hope the Heat keep winning. Something about how hard and scrappy they play, also Dragic always goes off on us and they have an amazing coach. I may be wrong for thinking that but I find the Heat play us very well.
                  First of all: As you said, they play hard, very hard and will beat the s*** out of anyone they play in the first round. Second: I would prefer a team with a good matchup for JV and Yak. Whiteside and Adebayo/Olynyk will be harder to handle than Henson/Maker. Third: The Bucks have more talent, but are up and down over the whole season. I don't think they can play at the same level over a series. The Heat play hard every single minute. And with DWade they have a player, who has enough left in the tank for deciding a game in the clutch.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
                    First of all: As you said, they play hard, very hard and will beat the s*** out of anyone they play in the first round. Second: I would prefer a team with a good matchup for JV and Yak. Whiteside and Adebayo/Olynyk will be harder to handle than Henson/Maker. Third: The Bucks have more talent, but are up and down over the whole season. I don't think they can play at the same level over a series. The Heat play hard every single minute. And with DWade they have a player, who has enough left in the tank for deciding a game in the clutch.
                    Agreed completely. I still think in a seven game series we win obviously but it won't be easy by any means. Not that it will be easy against the bucks either though
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Cavs are now sub-500 on the road. The only thing that might save them is that the Pacers and Wizards have seemingly more difficult schedules down the stretch and Cleveland has a bit of a lead over the Sixers who play pretty much nothing but the tank brigade here on out.

Nice thing is that Raps can help themselves with 2 more wins over the Lebrons left to get....

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Jack rightly brings this up all the time - DD and Lowry catch all the playoff performance flak, but key role players have really, really sucked at critical points the last couple years too.

They had Tucker, Carroll, and PP to throw at Lebron last spring - the D on him should not have been the joke it was.
                        The lack of production from the forward spots hurt them against the Cavs the last two seasons. They absolutely need Ibaka to play well. I'm less concerned about OG. He just needs to defend. They'll have enough production from other perimeter people.

Comment

• The playoff seeding between 3-8 is so close its pretty crazy. So much parity this year. Glad the gap has widened against Boston. So we can let go of the gas pedal a little. Give Serge/Kyle and DeMar some extra rest to close out the year.

Might lose those games against Cleveland and Boston near the end of the year but it may not really matter if we win or lose those. On the other hand our bench is so good that we might actually win those games anyway.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Blaming role players for the playoffs is ludicrous. DD and Lowry SHOULD catch all the playoff performance flak. They were fine with the Ride or Die system being built entirely around them. Not passing to give other players reps making decisions with the ball, having everybody else shoulder the burden of defense, trying to win with ISO and foul-baiting was a flawed strategy that benefited Lowry and Derozan tremendou$ly. But it held back the potential of the depth of talent that Masai acquired. Lowry & DD were built up to be like Westbrook and Durant in our system, but they failed. You reap what you sow.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Blaming role players for the playoffs is ludicrous. DD and Lowry SHOULD catch all the playoff performance flak. They were fine with the Ride or Die system being built entirely around them. Not passing to give other players reps making decisions with the ball, having everybody else shoulder the burden of defense, trying to win with ISO and foul-baiting was a flawed strategy that benefited Lowry and Derozan tremendou$ly. But it held back the potential of the depth of talent that Masai acquired. Lowry & DD were built up to be like Westbrook and Durant in our system, but they failed. You reap what you sow.
                              There's no need for an either/or, it's both/and.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                You're blaming them for being happy to do what they were asked to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X