Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I think they will struggle in the playoffs because they already play playoff defence every night. Some teams play elite defence based on having elite defenders, or great schemes. The Celtics try really, really hard, all night, every night. It gives them enough edge to win a lot of games in the regular season. And good on them for managing it. But that effort is special right now. In the playoffs, it won't be.

I would not be remotely surprised if they bowed out in round 1. I wouldn't bet on it, but I don't think I'd be willing to bet against it either.
    That's an interesting perspective considering the bottom half of the East play off race is hot garbage. Boston won't be facing a team that plays well on either end of the court. I would think their defence should easily shut down whomever they face in the first round, but here's to hoping they crash and burn.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      That's an interesting perspective considering the bottom half of the East play off race is hot garbage. Boston won't be facing a team that plays well on either end of the court. I would think their defence should easily shut down whomever they face in the first round, but here's to hoping they crash and burn.
      What? Agree to disagree. 5 thru 8 imo is the strongest I can recall in years. In fact I think there will be no sweeps in this year's playoffs
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        What? Agree to disagree. 5 thru 8 imo is the strongest I can recall in years. In fact I think there will be no sweeps in this year's playoffs
        but Raptors will be the only team that will be labelled as a team that struggled
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Oh, I could see Boston getting swept.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Miami's a top 7 defence. And are a half-point worse offensively than Boston. And they've played three games this year and the point differential across all three games is 1 point in Miami's favor (along with 2-1 series win). That said, Miami is a try-hard team as well, with less talent than Boston. But it would be an interesting series. Milwaukee who knows (they look bad lately), but if Giannis goes off and a few of their shooters get hot, can Boston score to keep up?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Eastern Conference Playoff ... Down the Stretch They Come.

Beal Street travels to Process-Ville: Memphis makes a pilgrimage to the town that pioneered the no conscience all out tank. The Grizz see the merit in doing the equivalent of eating out of garbage cans as they close out the season. A top 5 pick and the return of Mike Connley makes the Grizz a good bet for comeback team of the year next season. For the zealots who come out to watch the Hinkies win tonight in the Wells Fargo Centre… hope the gate chachka is visine . They’ll need it as they watch this one. A little Karma to the good burghers of Philly who will pay good money to watch a designed bad product . Philly W and they keep the march up for homecourt.

Knicks to South Beach. The Heat have a clear path to 7th and a preferred matchup with the Chowderheads. Pat Reilly truly hates the smug little twerp Danny Ainge and would love nothing more than to bounce the Lepracahuns out of the playoffs in round 1. To a man the Heat team will do whatever they can to make the godfather happy. Who are the Knicks to stand in the way of the Don from Southbeach. Heat W.

Clips into Milwuakee.
              Milwaukee even with the Alphabet having a great year have not lived up to pre season expectations. Outside of the SI crew who must have had their brains oxygen starved at birth the Bucks weren’t going to finish 2nd or 3rd as predicted …. but 4th or 5th wasn’t out of the question. But they are most likely.. highly likely actually….to finish 8th. They employ the Micheal Carter Williams of big men in John Henson. They have no outside shooting. They have no rim protection from Maker or Henson. Right now they have precious little in the way of offense outside of the Alphabets highlight real dunks inside. The Clips are wobbling a little after taking a standing eight count by losing their last 4 in a row. Tonight sees a game between two teams who are the last two in to the playoffs if they get there. The Clips need it more than the Bucks… so with the Clips being the more desparate team going with the Clips win in a close one. A Bucks loss and a Heat win should let an element of the Raptors fan base begin to see the equivalent of monsters in the closet type scenarios with the Bucks and begin an irrational worry about how the Bucks are going to destroy the 1st seed.

Indy travels to the Big Easy. The Pacers travel to Nawlins to take on the unibrow and his henchman Jrue Holiday. Davis is an incredible mobile big man who can play inside and outside. Holiday has had a resurgence this year running the point and is a pantload to handle. BUT. The Pacers have Victor Olipido and Myles Davis Turner as a counter. The Pacers run a little deeper 3 through 8 sporting the likes of Thad Young and Domantas Sabonis up front and everyones favourite villan Lance Stephenson on the wing. The Pelicans need it more and are at home.. but the Pacers are pretty effing good. .Going with the Pacers with a bit of an upset as it’s a road game and they will move into 3rd with a win a NewLook loss.

The Whiz are in the Lone Star State vs the Spurs. The Whiz have the toughest schedule to the end of the year of all the teams in the East. They are down their AS point guard and have had to play 8 games in 15 days courtesy of the schedule maker. They are however coming in on 4 days of badly needed rest. The Spurs aren’t the Spurs we are used to. There is a little palace intrigue afoot with what the hell is going on with Leonard and that doesn’t help. They are playing their 8th game in 13 days and are in a street fight for 7th or 8th with 5 other teams. The Spurs need em all . .. but they don’t get this one. Whiz W.

Raps in Cleveland.
              The circus like atmosphere that is the NewLook Cavaliers rolls on. The coach is out. Two trade saviours … Rodney Hood and Larry Nance Jr are battling a wonky back and a wonky leg respectively. The streadying PG George Hill put up 0 points and 3 assists last time out. JR Smith in the twilight of a mediocre carreer is on a personal quest to find himself as the season grinds on. The return of Kevin Love is now playing. One game in it looks good. And the dominant story line in the Big Top is and will be Lebron James. James has been MVP like as he soldiers on magically inured against fatigue and any semblance of physical injury even at an advancing age for a professional athlete. Wink Wink #BetterSportsthruChemistry. Tonight the NewLooks are playing some team who generally wears red or black on the road. They’re apparently pretty good. Lost in the coverage of what dental floss Lebron prefers in months that don’t end in “er” or “y” is an update on which Raptors are in or out of todays game. Won’t matter. Raptors W.

E&OE on all prognostications
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Mar 21, 2018, 03:54 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• ^ DS is in playoff mode

Comment

Are you referring to their W/L records? I haven't compared them to previous years, but the league as a whole is awful in both conferences with so many teams tanking or rebuilding. There are a bunch of teams that will make the playoffs that are going to be there because the teams below them are awful.

I'm not comparing the Raptors to those teams, but we all knew the East would be bad this season and that the Raptors would capitalize on that.

Comment

Are you referring to their W/L records? I haven't compared them to previous years, but the league as a whole is awful in both conferences with so many teams tanking or rebuilding. There are a bunch of teams that will make the playoffs that are going to be there because the teams below them are awful.

I'm not comparing the Raptors to those teams, but we all knew the East would be bad this season and that the Raptors would capitalize on that.
                    Again, disagree. There's about 18 strong NBA franchises right now trying to win and trying to get a first round upset. Golden State has twice as many losses as most years and the league will only have 2 or 3 60 win teams, so it's not inflated win totals this year. I think all 16 playoff teams are very deserving this year, no 38 win "there by default" pieces of crap.

And the east was a pleasant surprise this year. But the raptors dominating was a suprise to basically everyone, we were nestled between 2 and 6 on most pre season picks.

I dunno were on complete opposite sides of this opinion, I feel like this will be one of the better and more competitive playoffs in years

Comment

Again, disagree. There's about 18 strong NBA franchises right now trying to win and trying to get a first round upset. Golden State has twice as many losses as most years and the league will only have 2 or 3 60 win teams, so it's not inflated win totals this year. I think all 16 playoff teams are very deserving this year, no 38 win "there by default" pieces of crap.

And the east was a pleasant surprise this year. But the raptors dominating was a suprise to basically everyone, we were nestled between 2 and 6 on most pre season picks.

I dunno were on complete opposite sides of this opinion, I feel like this will be one of the better and more competitive playoffs in years
                      Hoping you are correct. Last years playoffs were a disgrace the way the two top teams swept their way to the finals

Comment

• And tonight ..of great interest to possibly only me ...The great MARC Davis got assigned the Bulls and Denver game....

This game is a non descript barker of a matchup....it’s a dog. It speaks volumes about the verdict from the league on his very uneven performance in the Tor / OKC game...

Looks good on the arrogant SOB...
                        - TGO

Comment

• Something is rotten in Milwaukee....they're down 10 at home to the Clippers with 3 minutes left. Miami beat the Knicks today as well, so if the Bucks don't come back the they'll be 1.5 games back of 7th
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Something is rotten in Milwaukee....they're down 10 at home to the Clippers with 3 minutes left. Miami beat the Knicks today as well, so if the Bucks don't come back the they'll be 1.5 games back of 7th
                            Maybe they think they have a chance against Raps? Or they suck
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Something is rotten in Milwaukee....they're down 10 at home to the Clippers with 3 minutes left. Miami beat the Knicks today as well, so if the Bucks don't come back the they'll be 1.5 games back of 7th

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Maybe they think they have a chance against Raps? Or they suck
                                Go with they suck....
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X