Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Houston can afford Lebron. I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time getting him.. especially if he wants his max. The cap was $102M this year. They have $78 on their books (and that's with no capholds). Even if LBJ makes $30M (which is less than his max), they'd be over the cap. But they would also have to renounce Paul's caphold, which would mean they can't bring him back unless he wants to play for the vet minimum or something.

If they are able to dump Ryan Anderson for cap relief, then they could make something work.. but even then Paul would have to take a pretty big discount.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't think Houston can afford Lebron. I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time getting him.. especially if he wants his max. The cap was $102M this year. They have $78 on their books (and that's with no capholds). Even if LBJ makes $30M (which is less than his max), they'd be over the cap. But they would also have to renounce Paul's caphold, which would mean they can't bring him back unless he wants to play for the vet minimum or something.

If they are able to dump Ryan Anderson for cap relief, then they could make something work.. but even then Paul would have to take a pretty big discount.
      Where there's a will, there's always a way. Depends on cp3 and james value of winning a title vs money. LeBron could achieve 4 titles with 3 teams and 10 finals...that's an impressive resume. Paul has never won a title. I'm sure he'd be interested.

As said, if the desire is there, they can figure out the math
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Where there's a will, there's always a way. Depends on cp3 and james value of winning a title vs money. LeBron could achieve 4 titles with 3 teams and 10 finals...that's an impressive resume. Paul has never won a title. I'm sure he'd be interested.

As said, if the desire is there, they can figure out the math
        Let's hope the collusion begins this February. Would love more than anything to have Lebron go out West for real. GSW and Houston can duke it out and we can then lose to the winner in 4 games

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          ...GSW and Houston can duke it out and we can then lose to the winner in 4 games
          Oh ye of little faith. Five games!

Comment

• Neither of those teams would have any answer for OG.

Raps in 3.

Comment

• Yea Lebron could pull a Chris Paul and say he wants to go to Houston and then opt in to his final year of his contract to fscilitste a trade. Question then would cavs rather him leave for nothing elsewhere vs taking Ryan anderson's contract with Gordon and multiple picks.

But yea, banana boat in Houston could happen.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Yea Lebron could pull a Chris Paul and say he wants to go to Houston and then opt in to his final year of his contract to fscilitste a trade. Question then would cavs rather him leave for nothing elsewhere vs taking Ryan anderson's contract with Gordon and multiple picks.

But yea, banana boat in Houston could happen.
                I doubt they will do it Chris Paul way - Houston picks are late first rounders and most of all Dan Gilbert is so petty that he'd veto any trade that makes LeBron life easier in case he leaves again.

If Houston renounces their non essential free agents (I guess that is why Capella didn't sign extension yet - his cap hold is really small compared to $16M+/year contract he will get) and trade Ryan Anderson to let's say Atlanta for first rounder (not 18' though - it's already traded away) and two second rounders, Rockets would almost have enough cap space to sign LeBron for max and if he insists on full max they'll easily find takers on P.J. or Eric Gordon. That would leave team thin, but the Trio of LeBron/Harden/CP3 would ensure flock of ring chasing veterans on minimum contracts.

That would trigger whole East to be more aggressive in trades and pursuit of improvements, because of interregnum in the East. Anyway I anticipate another GOAT off-season incoming.

Comment

• This entire thread is amazing, worth the click:

It's all transcripts from segments of this pod:
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    This entire thread is amazing, worth the click:

It's all transcripts from segments of this pod:
                    He honestly might be developing schizophrenia. I saw it happen to more than one person. Scary stuff, the human brain
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raptors need to beat Celtics. For science.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Tip of the hat to Demographic Shift for creating what has been and continues to be a very entertaining thread. And some great basketball conversations occurred as well. I see no reason that this thread won't keep having legs for a couple of years at least.
                        Last edited by Puffer; Sun Jan 14, 2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• The Lakers won again. I was horrified to learn that if Boston doesn't get that 2-7 pick then Philly does! We can't catch a break. I'm not sure who the bigger threat is in the long run. Boston has better coaching and are deeper but if Fultz turns out to be really good (which he probably will) and they make another intelligent top pick Philly might be really scary. I'd hate to think the Raptors might turn out to be like the 80s Hawks or Suns or the 90s Jazz. Solid, even consistently outstanding teams that never (or seldom) get out of their own conference.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                            The Lakers won again. I was horrified to learn that if Boston doesn't get that 2-7 pick then Philly does! We can't catch a break. I'm not sure who the bigger threat is in the long run. Boston has better coaching and are deeper but if Fultz turns out to be really good (which he probably will) and they make another intelligent top pick Philly might be really scary. I'd hate to think the Raptors might turn out to be like the 80s Hawks or Suns or the 90s Jazz. Solid, even consistently outstanding teams that never (or seldom) get out of their own conference.
                            (Cue music)
                            "I believe in Masai
                            I believe he can touch the sky"

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                              The Lakers won again. I was horrified to learn that if Boston doesn't get that 2-7 pick then Philly does! We can't catch a break. I'm not sure who the bigger threat is in the long run. Boston has better coaching and are deeper but if Fultz turns out to be really good (which he probably will) and they make another intelligent top pick Philly might be really scary. I'd hate to think the Raptors might turn out to be like the 80s Hawks or Suns or the 90s Jazz. Solid, even consistently outstanding teams that never (or seldom) get out of their own conference.
                              The pick conveys to Boston only if it lands as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th pick..If not ..it goes Philly.

I’d rather see it go to Philly who is closer to being a perennial “young team on the rise” than they are a contender in the east.

Lord knows what’s really ailing Fultz but there has to be some elevated heart rates in the Sixer front office the longer he sits out due to a “unique” condition being identified as a muscle imbalance. The iron man Embiid is a difference maker if he can remain healthy which has proven immensely difficult so far in his career. A big man with a suspect back, surgically repaired feet and meniscus issues in his knee would likely get a lot of under bets on career longevity. Simmons and Saric however look like solid NBA players.

As Embiid likes to say to carny the suckers in Philly...trust the process. The process looks like it STILL has time to run and another draft pick not only helps..but appears to be necessary for the fringe playoff team currently below the playoff Mendoza line at the halfway point of the season.

To me.Philly getting this pick is catching a break.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jan 14, 2018, 11:20 AM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                The pick conveys to Boston only if it lands as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th pick..If not ..it goes Philly.

I’d rather see it go to Philly who is closer to being a perennial “young team on the rise” than they are a contender in the east.

Lord knows what’s really ailing Fultz but there has to be some elevated heart rates in the Sixer front office the longer he sits out due to a “unique” condition being identified as a muscle imbalance. The iron man Embiid is a difference maker if he can remain healthy which has proven immensely difficult so far in his career. A big man with a suspect back, surgically repaired feet and meniscus issues in his knee would likely get a lot of under bets on career longevity. Simmons and Saric however look like solid NBA players.

As Embiid likes to say to carny the suckers in Philly...trust the process. The process looks like it STILL has time to run and another draft pick not only helps..but appears to be necessary for the fringe playoff team currently below the playoff Mendoza line at the halfway point of the season.

To me.Philly getting this pick is catching a break.
                                Is Embiid the new Andrew Bynum? Would be sad really.....very good player. I'd enjoy him much more if he played in the western conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X