Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately that's the worse that could happen to Raps. Toughness cannot be taught. It can be faked by can't be taught.
    It can be learned.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      It can be learned.
      It can but it has to be learned pretty early. It's got to be part of the identity.. and it once was. The "We the 4th" thing made sense because the Raptors were tough. Masai brought in guys like Biyombo, Hansborough, Tucker, JJ because they were tough.

The problem is we're pretty soft right now. I'd say the only true tough guys on the team are JV, OG and Fred. Lowry acts tough but he gets shell shocked too quickly.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        It can but it has to be learned pretty early. It's got to be part of the identity.. and it once was. The "We the 4th" thing made sense because the Raptors were tough. Masai brought in guys like Biyombo, Hansborough, Tucker, JJ because they were tough.

The problem is we're pretty soft right now. I'd say the only true tough guys on the team are JV, OG and Fred. Lowry acts tough but he gets shell shocked too quickly.
        Problem with that was: they weren't skilled. We don't need goons. We need skilled players but tough as well
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          And they don't even have their 2 best players.
          That's what everyone keeps saying but I'm not sure it's true anymore. Hayward and Irving can't defend like their young lotto picks do. Brown and Tatum definitely have higher ceilings than Hayward and might pass him before long.

Anyway, the ease with which the Celtics just showed the Raptors what you're supposed to do with a home court game 1 was an embarrassment.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Man, being a fan of this team is so effing demoralizing. Even when we're not playing we're still getting embarrassed. Brighter days ahead, right??

Comment

• Whoever gets out of the East will be swept by the Warriors. Even when you think your close your still far away.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately that's the worse that could happen to Raps. Toughness cannot be taught. It can be faked by can't be taught.
                That will be the challenge for our next coach I think. In the modern NBA defensive versatility and toughness is a must. In my days as a coach I was never very successful changing the character of a player who was reluctant to get in the grill of an opponent. Some of them would do it in a big game or a big moment but the Celtics and other teams like them seem to have players who will do this for 48 minutes. We have a few now who might be capable but our veteran leaders are not of that ilk.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                  That will be the challenge for our next coach I think. In the modern NBA defensive versatility and toughness is a must. In my days as a coach I was never very successful changing the character of a player who was reluctant to get in the grill of an opponent. Some of them would do it in a big game or a big moment but the Celtics and other teams like them seem to have players who will do this for 48 minutes. We have a few now who might be capable but our veteran leaders are not of that ilk.
                  Where did you coach?! But also. So trade the veteran leaders then? Or does the new coach do their best to teach them toughness?

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    So miraculously the Cavs go back to shooting a crappy percentage on threes. Quite a number of them were wide open too but the Cavs looked rushed and rattled because of all of the pressure. No question that Boston was much more aggressive defensively than the Raptors. I was surprised that the refs allowed them to play this way; thought several of the Celts starters would have 3 fouls in no time at all. Unless the officiating changes the Celtics will win this series and they won't embarrass themselves in the finals either. Guys like Morris and Horford seem able to guard Lebron or Love and their fierce, athletic guards made JR and Korver non factors. The Raptors have as much talent as Boston but just don't play as hard. I hope that can change. Boston clearly doesn't suck.
                    No the Raptors don't have as much talent as Boston on the defensive end. And it's not about "playing hard". Dear God am I tired of reading that. It's about schemes and defensive capabilities. They have a team full of two way players (I mean who isn't a two way guy on that team?) and the best coach in the league.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      That's what everyone keeps saying but I'm not sure it's true anymore. Hayward and Irving can't defend like their young lotto picks do. Brown and Tatum definitely have higher ceilings than Hayward and might pass him before long.

Anyway, the ease with which the Celtics just showed the Raptors what you're supposed to do with a home court game 1 was an embarrassment.
                      Hayward is a very solid defender, not sure what you're talking about. Kyrie isn't great but he has been good on that end this year and he's actually got decent size on him to the point where he's not totally overmatched physically or lengthwise at the 2 spot.
                      Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Mon May 14, 2018, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Man, being a fan of this team is so effing demoralizing. Even when we're not playing we're still getting embarrassed. Brighter days ahead, right??
                        If we don't rebuild? No.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          If we don't rebuild? No.
                          Rebuild, yes they've already started by firing the coach. Tank? not so sure about that.

I think they can start looking for trades of their big contracts for draft picks. Maybe Ibaka this year, DeMar the next....

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Rebuild, yes they've already started by firing the coach. Tank? not so sure about that.

I think they can start looking for trades of their big contracts for draft picks. Maybe Ibaka this year, DeMar the next....
                            Ibaka for a draft pick? This year?

If anything, the value of the big names will be such that DeMar is at his peak value now, and could be moved for a high pick or a prospect and middling pick this summer. Ibaka and Lowry will almost certainly have higher value next summer, when they are expiring contracts, and can be used to absorb some bad salary and increase their asset return.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Portland is a team on a similar treadmill to us with few avenues to improve. You really think they wouldn't do Evan Turner's contract and a 1st round pick for Ibaka?

We can rebuild now if we want. It's a matter of finding the deals.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Portland is a team on a similar treadmill to us with few avenues to improve. You really think they wouldn't do Evan Turner's contract and a 1st round pick for Ibaka?

We can rebuild now if we want. It's a matter of finding the deals.
                                I'm 100% certain they would not give us a 1st round pick for the privilege of rather sharply increasing their tax bill.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X