Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how all the equity we supposedly built up by being a winning team the past 5 years has all been washed away by the continued failure in the playoffs and capitulation against the Cavs. We're a running joke just like we've always been.

We're not bigger of a free agent destination than we were in 2012.

Comment

• The NBA is all about match ups. Raptors just can't compete with the Cavs because they become mentally retarded when they face them. That's why Masai wanted a new coach (and hopefully a new leader). But if we played the Celtics.. I think the match up would have been a lot of fun.. and I know I'm a homer here.. but I would have expected a win in 6 or 7 games. Celtics would be a tough challenge for the Raptors, but an easier one than the Wizards I bet. I mean there is a reason why the Bucks took them to 7 games.

Next season might end up differently. Who knows what the Raptors would look like.. so it's hard to comment on whether the Celtics would immediately be better. But I do believe in the "Ewing Theory". Hayward and Kyrie may make that team worse not better. It's hard to say until we see the games actually being played.

One thing I know is the Celtics struggle on the road in the playoffs.. just as bad as the Raptors do. And we had home court advantage if we played them.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        The NBA is all about match ups. Raptors just can't compete with the Cavs because they become mentally retarded when they face them. That's why Masai wanted a new coach (and hopefully a new leader). But if we played the Celtics.. I think the match up would have been a lot of fun.. and I know I'm a homer here.. but I would have expected a win in 6 or 7 games. Celtics would be a tough challenge for the Raptors, but an easier one than the Wizards I bet. I mean there is a reason why the Bucks took them to 7 games.

Next season might end up differently. Who knows what the Raptors would look like.. so it's hard to comment on whether the Celtics would immediately be better. But I do believe in the "Ewing Theory". Hayward and Kyrie may make that team worse not better. It's hard to say until we see the games actually being played.

One thing I know is the Celtics struggle on the road in the playoffs.. just as bad as the Raptors do. And we had home court advantage if we played them.
        I think Hayward makes the team. I don't think Irving does since he's a defensive issue.

I do absolutely think we would have demolished any other team we could have faced in the playoffs that was not Cleveland.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          I think Hayward makes the team. I don't think Irving does since he's a defensive issue.

I do absolutely think we would have demolished any other team we could have faced in the playoffs that was not Cleveland.
          When Hayward is on, one of Brown or Tatum are not. So someone is being pushed down to the bench and that can screw up that team's chemistry. Irving is really good.. but also had knee surgery. If he can't move well laterally he can become a liability.

It's really a wait and see for me. I expect them to be good.. and I think most do as well. But it may not work out like that either.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            When Hayward is on, one of Brown or Tatum are not. So someone is being pushed down to the bench and that can screw up that team's chemistry. Irving is really good.. but also had knee surgery. If he can't move well laterally he can become a liability.

It's really a wait and see for me. I expect them to be good.. and I think most do as well. But it may not work out like that either.
            They could just run all three at 2-3-4.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• damn..can't help but feel like this is the difference between MLSE and Boston ownership
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                They could just run all three at 2-3-4.
                Yep and Horford at the 5 (even though he's said in the past he doesn't like playing there).

This stuff is why I just want to rebuild. We're behind and are only gonna get further behind without the assets to really prop our team up at all.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

damn..can't help but feel like this is the difference between MLSE and Boston ownership
                  They still aren't anywhere near championship caliber.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

damn..can't help but feel like this is the difference between MLSE and Boston ownership
                    Wycliffe Grousbeck....born naked into the world and inherited everything he has...the essence of Chowdah.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 16, 2018, 12:09 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

That's hard to say. Boston is a storied franchise which has never had a problem attracting players. They can get the Kyries and the Hayward's of the world. Toronto has a much harder time attracting players, so when we get a Lowry or develop a DeRozan, we have to think twice before trading them because attracting players of that calibre in free agency is really difficult. It's not a question of spending money because they handed out 3 huge contracts in the last couple of seasons, it's a matter of getting players to Toronto so we can give them those contracts.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        That's hard to say. Boston is a storied franchise which has never had a problem attracting players. They can get the Kyries and the Hayward's of the world. Toronto has a much harder time attracting players, so when we get a Lowry or develop a DeRozan, we have to think twice before trading them because attracting players of that calibre in free agency is really difficult. It's not a question of spending money because they handed out 3 huge contracts in the last couple of seasons, it's a matter of getting players to Toronto so we can give them those contracts.
                        well let's calm down. Kyrie was traded. Hayward is good player but he's not a superstar. Hayward is in the same tier as Derozan, Lowry.

Comment

well let's calm down. Kyrie was traded. Hayward is good player but he's not a superstar. Hayward is in the same tier as Derozan, Lowry.
                          True, I forgot Kyrie was traded but Boston does have an easier time with free agency, and Toronto does have a more difficult time with it. Ultimately, we have to think about how easy/difficult it is to replace the players we move. We need to see what Masai can do with trades now that the slow and conservative option is just about out of the window.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            True, I forgot Kyrie was traded but Boston does have an easier time with free agency, and Toronto does have a more difficult time with it. Ultimately, we have to think about how easy/difficult it is to replace the players we move. We need to see what Masai can do with trades now that the slow and conservative option is just about out of the window.
                            In the end yeah you're right Toronto is not a destination. It's not going to be easy to rebuild.

Comment

• Can we start a thread called "Who is the most overrated team in the east aka why Toronto sux" next season so we can be up 2-0 against the Cavs in the ECF too? It seems to be working.. this reverse psychology thread thing is working against us!
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Actually no I wasn't silent and continued to reiterate throughout the year to you and DanH that the Celtics weren't "trash" or "overrated"
                                Actually, you were pretty quiet when things were good. After the bench jv rants subsided. But boy oh boy once things got bleak you were back squawking to anyone who would listen and even those who wouldn't. Now it's basically the shaolin show on these threads when I log in

Misery loves company and the company's name is Mr fantastic
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X