Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Btw, here's my issue with LeBron James. You're LeBron James, the best player in the world. People say you're as good as Jordan(i don't think he's in Jordan's level) why are you ALWAYS looking for help? even when he had Irving on his team, he was always looking for the Cavs to give him MORE help.
    Jordan's championship teams had a pretty great supporting cast. Scottie Pippen is a better player than anyone LeBron has ever had with the exception of prime first two years in Miami Dwyane Wade (and even that's a debate.)
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      And who started the Super Friends team up trend?
      Not the same at all though
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        And who started the Super Friends team up trend?
        Again, that was a response to the superteam Boston put together.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I disagree. Garnett and Allen were at the tail end of their careers when they joined Pierce. They were still pretty good players but not the same players that they once were.

LeBron started this whole superteam. But Durant is the one who took it to a new level.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I disagree. Garnett and Allen were at the tail end of their careers when they joined Pierce. They were still pretty good players but not the same players that they once were.

LeBron started this whole superteam. But Durant is the one who took it to a new level.
            Why does james always get 100% of the blame but not bosh and wade?

Bosh and james did the same thing, struggled for years carrying piss poor teams and took matters into their own hands.

But it's not like they did any guarantee. Wades prime was just ending. Bosh was a tier 2 or tier 3 star, not even really a pippen type. Just a good ass player. James was the real mvp.

Golden State already had a team that was much better than anything miami ever did, and THEN Durant hopped on the gravy train. It's still so ridiculous, a year and a half later
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's funny how Jordan is "6 for 6"... yet how many times did he lose in the first round? Oh, that number is 3. How many times has Bron lost in the first round? Undefeated. Stop with that nonsense, please.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                It's funny how Jordan is "6 for 6"... yet how many times did he lose in the first round? Oh, that number is 3. How many times has Bron lost in the first round? Undefeated. Stop with that nonsense, please.
                Yeah I never understood that logic. As if it’s - bigger accomplishment to lose in the first round than the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Btw, here's my issue with LeBron James. You're LeBron James, the best player in the world. People say you're as good as Jordan(i don't think he's in Jordan's level) why are you ALWAYS looking for help? even when he had Irving on his team, he was always looking for the Cavs to give him MORE help.
                  Go look at Jordan’s teams. They were consistently very well equipped. Lebron is dealing with a roster that is being overturned yearly. And I know everyone always likes to say “GM Lebron” but I think the GMs of his teams are pretty autonomous when it comes to roster decisions. If Jordan had to deal with the teams Lebron has had a couple times he would probably be unhappy as well.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    It's funny how Jordan is "6 for 6"... yet how many times did he lose in the first round? Oh, that number is 3. How many times has Bron lost in the first round? Undefeated. Stop with that nonsense, please.
                    Can you imagine if Raps lost in 1st round three years in a row and then the next year lost in 2nd round and then lost in ECF 2 years in a row? Fans were definitely more patient back in the day
                    Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Feb 12, 2018, 05:37 PM.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Everyone likes stories.. Michael Jordan has a great one. He was the guy that was trying to do everything he could on his own, and couldn't succeed. He then faced a team that he couldn't beat (Pistons). He became a team player.. better on defense, and he beat the team that he always lost to.. and then won against one of the best players in the league (Magic). You can literally see the torch being passed. Then he goes on and wins two more championships, and retires to play a different sport.

He comes back and without missing a beat wins three more. I mean he stole the ball, and then hit the game winner on his last play of his last game as a Bull to win it all. He had a great cast the second time around.. but the storybook was complete.

James doesn't have that story. It started great. He got drafted by his home town team. But he left Cleveland in shambles when things were going hard. Joined a different team with other stars. Won a couple times, but then left when things were going bad again. What he accomplished in Cleveland the second time around was extraordinary.. but it feels like he's just going to leave again. James legacy will always be tainted because his story doesn't flow nicely even if he keeps beating the East every year.

Comment

• MJ the GOAT.

Comment

Finally watched the Paul Pierce jersey retirement ceremony. Am i the only one who's not a fan of the way the Celtics retire their numbers? they just put a bunch of numbers in there.

I mean, i know who 34 is, i know who 33 is, i know who 6 is, i don't know who the other numbers are.
                          The Celtic teams that won 10 titles in a row had a whole bunch of great but unspectacular players. It would be like if the Raptors went on to win a title or two in the next 5 years with the guys we have now. You'd have 7 and 10 up there but also the whole bench mob!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Cleveland's got these guys:

Now THAT frightens me a lot. They even gave the Cavs a lot of breaks yesterday IN Boston on Paul Pierce day. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of venom flying in these forums come April. I think Masai might have to go the media before the first series even starts to demand a fair whistle....even if he gets another fine. I can see them favouring Cleveland, Boston, Philly and Miami...probably in that order. Plus they would favour Giannis if not the whole Bucks team. Can you imagine JV and Poeltl both in foul trouble in the second quarter and Bebe having to hold the fort? Ugh

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Why does james always get 100% of the blame but not bosh and wade?

Bosh and james did the same thing, struggled for years carrying piss poor teams and took matters into their own hands.

But it's not like they did any guarantee. Wades prime was just ending. Bosh was a tier 2 or tier 3 star, not even really a pippen type. Just a good ass player. James was the real mvp.

Golden State already had a team that was much better than anything miami ever did, and THEN Durant hopped on the gravy train. It's still so ridiculous, a year and a half later
                              Because Lebron was/is a top 1-2 player in the league who left his team to join 2 all-stars. His reason: best chance to win. That never happened before. Bosh was never an MVP calibre player and he wanted TF out of Toronto anyway (no ESPN on cable), so why blame him? And Wade should get zero flack because he stayed loyal to Miami and took less money for years. Lebron invented 'the way of the bitch' for MVPs - Durant just took it to another level.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Again, that was a response to the superteam Boston put together.
                                KG and Ray Allen came to the Celtics via trade and according to initial reports, KG wasn't exactly thrilled about going there in the first place. Lebron and Durant chose freely.

Comment

Working...
                                X