Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are the most overrated team in the East. They're going to have another great reg season i'm sure. I think they'll finish 2nd behind Cle in the standings. But come playoff time they're a completely diff team. They got lucky last year against the BUCKS. A team with ONE good player and one good shooter.
    So lucky they beat them 2 out of 3 on the Bucks home court.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility to see the Chowderheads at 3 up and 7 down after 10games.
    If that happens..both upper and lower sphincters are going to be pretty tight in Boston. The second guessing will be great theatre as the New England media eat their own.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 19, 2017, 03:44 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

The Raptors are the most overrated team in the East. They're going to have another great reg season i'm sure. I think they'll finish 2nd behind Cle in the standings. But come playoff time they're a completely diff team. They got lucky last year against the BUCKS. A team with ONE good player and one good shooter.
      Lucky? One adjustment and they ran them off the floor. They were head and shoulders better than the Bucks.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Can the mods seal and sticky this thread and re-title it: "Do not open until April"?
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Lucky? One adjustment and they ran them off the floor. They were head and shoulders better than the Bucks.
          Personally, I wouldn't count game 6 as something to be proud of. 7 points scored in the final 14 minutes....that's atrocious execution when it mattered most.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Personally, I wouldn't count game 6 as something to be proud of. 7 points scored in the final 14 minutes....that's atrocious execution when it mattered most.
            Yeah but it didn't matter most then. We gave up a huge run and still won. It was a blowout win where we let off the gas late, and the Bucks made a run, and both teams knew the series was over. We've seen the team turtle like that before, trying to just run the clock out. It's annoying but it's not a function of the team talent. While the games were competitive we ran them off the floor after that game 4 adjustment.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              For the record I hope Boston ends up bad- very bad. I hope they miss the playoffs, and I feel it IS a distinct possibility now that they're down Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk AND Hayward and left with Irving and the rookies (and old Al on the low block)

I feel like Irving is a career loser much like Demarcus Cousins, something unexplainable beyond the stat sheet. Of course Lebron James winner card trumps anybody's loser card so it was hidden for a few years. It would give me great pleasure if this turns out to be true, because I dislike Irving but I especially dislike the Celtics.

Yeah, inexplicable. This guy just doesn't make winning plays...

I am genuinely confused how people like to rag on Kyrie for not leading the Cavs to success in the first four years of his career on a truly awful team. Think of it like this, how many guys on a rookie scale contract could lead this years Chicago Bulls to the playoffs? Maybe Joel Embiid if hes healthy all year and maybe Towns.

Comment

The Raptors are the most overrated team in the East.
                LOL

No.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I am genuinely confused how people like to rag on Kyrie for not leading the Cavs to success in the first four years of his career on a truly awful team. Think of it like this, how many guys on a rookie scale contract could lead this years Chicago Bulls to the playoffs? Maybe Joel Embiid if hes healthy all year and maybe Towns.
                  If you go by clutch playoff shots & # of rings, then Robert Horry is the GOAT. lol.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

A winning play on the Cavs is like putting the cherry on top of the Lebron cake, Kyrie has not yet proven he can bake the cake. He's got a chance this year to shut me up. He's 0 for 2 so far.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Ah the yearly ritual of grasping at straws for signs that the Cleveland lebronaliers are beatable.

One thing and one thing only gets us to the finals. LeBron being injured enough that he can't play in may. As trump would say: sad!
                      It has to happen sometime...
                      That the Lebrons lost to Orlando last night is no indicator of their long term fortunes...but for me this tidbit from the post gamer gives me hope that GM Lebron who gives in to his fierce loyalties to his friends to the detriment of objectivity and reason might be the canary in the coal mine.Maybe.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hing-role-team

Similar to last year ...when the first stress cracks on the Bulls started to show with Wade whining about his role so too it starts again...Wade is past it. The only people who believe he is relevant are his friends in the broadcast booths and himself....
                      Hope he is enough of a distraction to last into the playoffs.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• I thought it was pretty ridiculous that Cavs are/were being penciled in as the 1st seed in the East, even by our own broadcast team the other night, like their new squad is some massive upgrade to the one we tied in the standings last season.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I thought it was pretty ridiculous that Cavs are/were being penciled in as the 1st seed in the East, even by our own broadcast team the other night, like their new squad is some massive upgrade to the one we tied in the standings last season.
                          I think the Raps prefer to be considered the under dog.. and I think the broadcast crew is playing that up as well to the fans. At least that's my take.

Comment

• Looks like Wade is coming off the bench for Cleveland. Didn't think it would happen so soon. That move just made them better.

More here:
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-role-jr-smith

Comment

• Apparently the Bucks are offering Maker/Monroe for Bledsoe.

It would be a really good for them if it happens. IMO they leap frog WAS that way, would be at least as good as we are and depending on just how much Giannis continues to beast could be at the level of a healthy BOS imo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Looks like Wade is coming off the bench for Cleveland. Didn't think it would happen so soon. That move just made them better.

More here:
                                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-role-jr-smith
                                When Thomas comes back, Cleveland bench

D rose- d wade-korver-green-Thompson

Would be a playoff starting lineup in the eastern conference. They're better than they were last year no question
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X