Likes Likes:  1,155

View Poll Results: Most Overrated .. aka Why Boston Sucks.

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wizards

    7 12.96%
  • Raptors

    3 5.56%
  • Philly

    7 12.96%
  • Chowderheads

    29 53.70%
  • Lebrons

    12 22.22%
  • Detroit

    2 3.70%
  • Charlotte

    1 1.85%
  • Heat

    1 1.85%
  • Bucks

    2 3.70%
  • Other *

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 3177

Thread: Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,131
    Likes (Given)
    728
    Likes (Received)
    412

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I based my vote on this community. There is just no way that people here in these forums OVERRATE the Boston Celtics. If anything the Celtics are heavily underrated here.

    Everyone here doubts the Celtics, and right behind everyone doubts the Cavs. The most overrated team in these forums, and frankly rightfully so since this is a Raptors fan board, are the Toronto Raptors.


    E

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,082
    Likes (Given)
    3831
    Likes (Received)
    7743

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I based my vote on this community. There is just no way that people here in these forums OVERRATE the Boston Celtics. If anything the Celtics are heavily underrated here.

    Everyone here doubts the Celtics, and right behind everyone doubts the Cavs. The most overrated team in these forums, and frankly rightfully so since this is a Raptors fan board, are the Toronto Raptors.
    Pretty sure most here view the Cavs as basically unbeatable (by the Raps, or anyone else in the East) unless LeBron gets hurt, so I can't see why you'd think everyone doubts the Cavs.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    5,006
    Likes (Given)
    1437
    Likes (Received)
    702

    Default

    The Cavs might no be unbeatable given how the players mesh, as they also have had a lot of turn-over. And well, Lebron can only do so much.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,989
    Likes (Given)
    254
    Likes (Received)
    282

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure most here view the Cavs as basically unbeatable (by the Raps, or anyone else in the East) unless LeBron gets hurt, so I can't see why you'd think everyone doubts the Cavs.
    Okay I stand corrected, but that still doesn't make them overrated. They really are unbeatable by anyone in the East, correct?
    your pal,
    ebrian

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,082
    Likes (Given)
    3831
    Likes (Received)
    7743

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Okay I stand corrected, but that still doesn't make them overrated. They really are unbeatable by anyone in the East, correct?
    Agreed, just correctly rated.

    Boston, however, is dramatically overrated. Heck, many here think they are better than the Raps. Here, on this Raps' board.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,250
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    326

    Default

    Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Love the post and I agree completely. I cant remember who said they bet money with a friend on the raptors making it further than Boston but I'm gonna see if I can sucker someone into making that deal as well.
    Vegas has Raptors 7-1 to win division. Seems like a good bet to bet on Raptors at this point.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,989
    Likes (Given)
    254
    Likes (Received)
    282

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Agreed, just correctly rated.

    Boston, however, is dramatically overrated. Heck, many here think they are better than the Raps. Here, on this Raps' board.
    I wouldn't say dramatically, but yes I think there are a few who believe what the sports sites are saying and putting Boston out in front, especially since IT is out unti January. They did it last year so why not? Except that last year's team isn't here anymore. It's really hard to say at this point. With all the changes in the NBA this offseason, to me it really comes down to team chemistry and good coaching. We have an advantage in the former, but not sure about the latter and things move quickly in the NBA. We'll see what happens. I feel there's a glut of teams with very solid trios after Cleveland:

    BOS (Irving, Hayward and Horford)
    TOR (Lowry, DeRozan and Ibaka)
    MIL (Brogdan, Antetokounmpo and Parker)
    WAS (Wall, Beal and Porter)

    I honestly don't see any huge advantages that one team have over another from the above group. A lot of board members like Toronto, and I don't blame them -- we are after all, a Raptors forum. That was the only reason I chose them in the poll. My way of saying "Guys, temper your expectations." 2 out of the 3 from Milwaukee nearly took us down last year. Porter is only getting better for Washington since the defensive focus will *never* be on him. The Boston trio is an unknown to me. We have to see them play together before we can really judge it.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,082
    Likes (Given)
    3831
    Likes (Received)
    7743

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't say dramatically, but yes I think there are a few who believe what the sports sites are saying and putting Boston out in front, especially since IT is out unti January. They did it last year so why not? Except that last year's team isn't here anymore. It's really hard to say at this point. With all the changes in the NBA this offseason, to me it really comes down to team chemistry and good coaching. We have an advantage in the former, but not sure about the latter and things move quickly in the NBA. We'll see what happens. I feel there's a glut of teams with very solid trios after Cleveland:

    BOS (Irving, Hayward and Horford)
    TOR (Lowry, DeRozan and Ibaka)
    MIL (Brogdan, Antetokounmpo and Parker)
    WAS (Wall, Beal and Porter)

    I honestly don't see any huge advantages that one team have over another from the above group. A lot of board members like Toronto, and I don't blame them -- we are after all, a Raptors forum. That was the only reason I chose them in the poll. My way of saying "Guys, temper your expectations." 2 out of the 3 from Milwaukee nearly took us down last year. Porter is only getting better for Washington since the defensive focus will *never* be on him. The Boston trio is an unknown to me. We have to see them play together before we can really judge it.
    Milwaukee only "nearly took us down" because our coach took three games to make a single adjustment. After the single adjustment, we blew them out of the water. It was no contest.

    Washington's issue has never been top line talent. They have zero depth. None. Like, our depth is full of relative unknowns, which is concerning. But their depth is full of knowns - backups that are known to be terrible, which is far worse.

    And yeah, the Boston trio is an improvement on last year (probably), but not only are they an unknown with how they play together, but the supporting cast is far more of an unknown, and seemingly a significant step back from last year's supporting cast in terms of known production, defence AND rebounding.

    While Lowry-DeMar-JV has strung off 4 ~50 win seasons in a row, with a wide range of different supporting players, and then added Ibaka, in theory bumping JV down a peg.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,989
    Likes (Given)
    254
    Likes (Received)
    282

    Default

    That's an interesting take on Milwaukee. Where do you have them finishing this year?
    your pal,
    ebrian

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,082
    Likes (Given)
    3831
    Likes (Received)
    7743

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    That's an interesting take on Milwaukee. Where do you have them finishing this year?
    Probably somewhere in the 4-5 slot, like last year, probably a few more wins (45 ish?). Giannis is very good, but also very limited, and the surrounding cast isn't actually all that great. They are a solid enough team, but unless Giannis has another leap in him, or Parker is suddenly really good, I can't see them challenging anyone for the top of the conference.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,633
    Likes (Given)
    797
    Likes (Received)
    2535

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Probably somewhere in the 4-5 slot, like last year, probably a few more wins (45 ish?). Giannis is very good, but also very limited, and the surrounding cast isn't actually all that great. They are a solid enough team, but unless Giannis has another leap in him, or Parker is suddenly really good, I can't see them challenging anyone for the top of the conference.
    Milwaukee still has upside beyond Giannis. Parker is good, but he hasn't meshed with Giannis - that could be a chemistry/fit issue, or maybe he gets traded for another asset. Then there's Thon Maker, who really surprised a lot of people last year. Middleton (who is ranked above DeMar, lol) is otherwise pretty good. So if Maker continues along his learning curve, then that's a really solid starting 5 that is only getting better, while the Raps may have already plateaued.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,082
    Likes (Given)
    3831
    Likes (Received)
    7743

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Milwaukee still has upside beyond Giannis. Parker is good, but he hasn't meshed with Giannis - that could be a chemistry/fit issue, or maybe he gets traded for another asset. Then there's Thon Maker, who really surprised a lot of people last year. Middleton (who is ranked above DeMar, lol) is otherwise pretty good. So if Maker continues along his learning curve, then that's a really solid starting 5 that is only getting better, while the Raps may have already plateaued.
    My concern is - yes, Maker surprised people. He won't anymore.

    Ultimately their upside is tied up in Parker playing well. Which I'm not going to be betting on.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,105
    Likes (Given)
    1023
    Likes (Received)
    954

    Default

    To keep the Boston sux feel going, check out the Posted Up podcast (featuring and tweeted by our Blake Murphy). They preview the Atlantic with writers from each city. For a group of us who think toronto is always dismissed, Tim Bontemps does a pretty measured dissection of the celtics with the mass live writer.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,300
    Likes (Given)
    2872
    Likes (Received)
    4782

    Default

    Quote GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post


    E
    I love that you disagreed with his point so much you made a multimedia presentation to insult his name
    #WhiteHouseDown

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,989
    Likes (Given)
    254
    Likes (Received)
    282

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    My concern is - yes, Maker surprised people. He won't anymore.

    Ultimately their upside is tied up in Parker playing well. Which I'm not going to be betting on.
    Ultimately I just see more *chance* for improvement for the Wizards and Bucks than I see for the Raptors. Obviously, things could go horribly wrong -- Parker hasn't even finished a full season yet. Brogdon could hit the sophomore jinx. Giannis' knee injury could be more serious than we think, etc. But in terms of ceiling I think the Bucks could slide into the 4th spot and drop us down.

    Cleveland: 55 wins
    Boston: 51 wins
    Washington 50 wins
    Milwaukee: 47 wins
    Toronto: 46 wins

    But that's just regular season. I'd bet on the Raptors beating both the Wizards and Bucks in a 7 game series.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,885
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    910

    Default

    Don't really understand the Washington love. I mean, how much better do you expect Porter to be? How many more open shots do you think Wall can get him?
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,696
    Likes (Given)
    889
    Likes (Received)
    1151

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    To keep the Boston sux feel going, check out the Posted Up podcast (featuring and tweeted by our Blake Murphy). They preview the Atlantic with writers from each city. For a group of us who think toronto is always dismissed, Tim Bontemps does a pretty measured dissection of the celtics with the mass live writer.
    Great Pod you pointed out...Tim was pretty tough on Kyrie's charachter and the mass live guy didn't have to many comebacks to the pointed questions on rebounding, what if Horford gets hurt other than " it'll be interesting"

    Bontemps not sold on the Philly process making the playoffs either... I think they make it as there are some pretty poor teams in the east but Bontemps is not on that train at all.

    About a half month to go before season opening tip. Can't wait for the Cavs to blow out the Chowders on opening night.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,696
    Likes (Given)
    889
    Likes (Received)
    1151

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Don't really understand the Washington love. I mean, how much better do you expect Porter to be? How many more open shots do you think Wall can get him?
    Their starting five ( if Morris doesn't go to jail for his felony assault charge in Arizona..the reddest of red states and the home of Sherriff JoeApario) is really good.
    Top 3 PG and SG...solid 5... solid SF...solid 4...they're good.
    No bench though..and that's what keeps them in the 3 -4 slot.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Sep 29th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,885
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    910

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Their starting five ( if Morris doesn't go to jail for his felony assault charge in Arizona..the reddest of red states and the home of Sherriff JoeApario) is really good.
    Top 3 PG and SG...solid 5... solid SF...solid 4...they're good.
    No bench though..and that's what keeps them in the 3 -4 slot.
    Yeah and? They had the same starting 5 last year and they were good last year. Why they are being picked as better than the Raps this year is what i'm asking.

    And my question was more directed to ebrian's comments but he's certainly not the only one (here and in the public at large) who favours Washington.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,696
    Likes (Given)
    889
    Likes (Received)
    1151

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Yeah and? They had the same starting 5 last year and they were good last year. Why they are being picked as better than the Raps this year is what i'm asking.

    And my question was more directed to ebrian's comments but he's certainly not the only one (here and in the public at large) who favours Washington.
    Ah...yes....your spot on..

    They weren't as good as the Raps last year with that starting unit and their bench is worse this year than last......so it is a mystery why some pick them ahead of a pretty much same Raps team that finished 3 or 4 wins better than the Wiz last year...

    What I'm on is the Wiz's strength is their starting 5 which is really good....and keeps them in the top 4 of the east...I have the Raps in the top 2...

Page 2 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •